Imperium

Hello ladies and gentlemen of Planet Bob. I come before you today with the announcement of a declaration of existence. Why? Because 10 new alliances in a week just isn't enough. ;)

Without further ado, I give you...

imperiumdarklowercase.png

Iunctus Ut Unus - United As One

garnetblackflag250.png

This announcement was intended to be delayed for some time, at least until we had all government members in place. However, with the confirmation of a protectorate agreement with the Dark Templar (thanks especially to myworld and supa), and more and more people finding out about us, I decided to go ahead and make it official.

Imperium is an alliance located in the Black Sphere, where our closest friends in DT and The Family reside. All members of the Black Team I've ever personally dealt with have been most welcoming and willing to help, so it just made sense that we establish ourselves among friends.

That being said, I noted this announcement as a "Swan Song" because to any of you who are familiar with me, you know I have had several failed attempts in the past at alliance creation and only one successful one...the Global United Nations (GUN)...of course, that was back when I went by Zhaan.

I have failed friends, allies, and myself by giving up too soon on alliances with great potential. Alliances such as Troy, Central Defense Corps (CDC), and Starfleet. You either learn from your past mistakes or you're doomed to repeat them. Therefore, this "swan song" is my final creation in CN and I have vowed to those who support me in this endeavor, and those that doubt, that I shall not allow it to disband under my reign.

I would like to thank QQQ14 who has stood by me and aided in the creation of Imperium. Thanks again to Dark Templar for once again agreeing to a protectorate treaty with us, and thanks to our friends in the CIA for believing and their support. Thanks to Drugsup of LoSS for his help behind the scenes with the next stage of Imperium development (to be unveiled at a later time).

I invite you to visit our forums and drop in to get to know us at our coldfront irc channel...#theimperium.

And finally, the Charter of the Imperium:

Imperium Charter

Motto

Iunctus Ut Unus - United as One

Preamble

Imperium is an alliance of nations bound by the Five Tenets and united in defense and strength of the sovereignty of its nations.

Chapter I - The Five Tenets

Trust

Respect

Loyalty

Secrecy

Solidarity

Chapter II - Membership

Article 1

Any nation in good standing may apply for membership with Imperium. Good standing is defined as: not currently engaged in any wars; not on any alliance ZI lists; not currently belonging to the membership of any other alliance, or under restrictions from any other alliance or nation.

Article 2

Signatory nations of Imperium retain their basic rights of sovereignty within their nations. Imperium will not impede on any member’s rights to freedom of speech or religion.

Article 3

Any member nation of Imperium which has persistently violated the Principles contained in the present Charter may be expelled from the alliance by the Magistrates.

Nations in violation may also be subject to military reprisal by the member nations of the Republic.

Chapter III - Structure

Article 4

1. The Cursus Honorum of Imperium is as follows:

Magistracy

* Imperator or Imperatrix

* Magister Equitum

* Consul

* Praetor

* Quaestor

2. The Magistracy reserve the right to establish additional institutions as it deems necessary.

Chapter IV - The Magistracy

Function and Powers

Article 5

1. The Magistracy is compromised of the Imperator or Imperatrix, Magister Equitum, Consul, Praetor, and Quaestor. Serving in different capacities, together they are the ruling body of the Imperium. Their overall responsibilities are the maintenance, function, and security of the alliance.

2. The Magistracy may approve or deny treaty recommendations submitted by the Aedile of the Temple of the Cross.

Article 6

1. The Magistracy reserves the right to suspend or revoke privileges of any member who is found to be in violation of any portion of the Charter or it’s Tenets contained herein.

2. The Magistracy may reinstate privileges of any member who has previously been found guilty of such crimes as have warranted suspension or revocation of said privileges.

3. The Magistracy may remove any member from it’s ranks who has committed repeat offenses in violation of the Charter.

4. Elections shall be held by the Assembly every four months, during the months of February, June, and October for all elected Magistrates, with exception to that of Imperator or Imperatrix, which shall be held every six months, beginning from the time that the Founding Imperator leaves office and a new Imperator or Imperatrix is chosen.

Chapter IVa - Imperator/Imperatrix

Article 7

1. The Imperator or Imperatrix is the chief-magistrate and uppermost authority of Imperium.

2. The first Imperator is the founder of Imperium and will hold the position until resigning the position, retirement, or death. Upon resignation or retirement, the Imperator will appoint a new Imperator or Imperatrix. Upon death, the Magister Equitum will assume the rank of Imperator or Imperatrix.

3. Subsequent Imperators beyond the Founder may hold the position for the lesser term of six months, or until removed from office by a majority vote of the entirety of the voting Assembly.

4. The Imperator will appoint a Magister Equitum upon assuming command.

Chapter IVb - Magister Equitum

Article 8

1. The Magister Equitum serves as counsel to the Imperator and is second in command of the alliance.

2. The Magister Equitum holds Imperium and is appointed by the Imperator, retaining the position until such time as removed by the Imperator, ascending to the rank of Imperator, a new Imperator assumes command, resigning from the position, retires from the alliance, or death.

3. The Magister Equitum may be subsequently re-appointed by the new Imperator if the Imperator so chooses.

Chapter IVc - Consul

Article 9

1. The Consul is an elected magistrate granted Imperium by the Assembly who elects him.

2. The Consul assumes direct control over all matters of foreign policy and affairs.

Chapter IVd - Praetor

Article 9

1. The Praetor is an elected Magistrate granted Imperium by the Assembly who elects him.

2. The Praetor assumes direct control within the walls of the Pomerium (Internal Structure).

Chapter IVe - Quaestor

Article 10

1. The Quaestor is an elected Magistrate granted Imperium by the Assembly who elects him.

2. The Quaestor oversees specifically the financial infrastructure of the alliance, appointing and directing the Aedile of the Crown to ensure the economic growth and stability of Imperium.

Chapter V - Temples

Article 11

1. The Temples are the body of the alliance. There are established 4 temples; Shield, Cross, Sword, and Crown.

2. Temples are ruled by Aediles, who may appoint Knights as their deputies. Aediles are allowed to govern as they deem fit, in accordance with the Principles of the Charter, and under the guidance of the Praetor.

3. Such subsidiary institutions may be established by the Aediles, with the consent of the Praetor, as deemed beneficial to the alliance.

Chapter Va - Temple of the Shield

Article 12

1. The Temple of the Shield is the primary body of the Interior.

2. The Aedile of the Shield is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the institutions of the Interior, including but not limited to; recruitment, membership processing, merit awards, and academics.

Chapter Va - Temple of the Cross

Article 13

1. The Temple of the Cross is the Foreign Affairs division of Imperium.

2. The Temple of the Cross is responsible for forging and maintaining relations with all entities external to Imperium. The Aedile of the Cross shall create and maintain Embassies with other alliances as well as manage the Embassies of foreign alliances within the Brotherhood.

3. The Aedile of the Cross shall be responsible for communicating with foreign alliances to resolve conflicts which arise due to any given circumstance.

4. The Aedile of the Cross shall report to the Consul on any conflicts, regardless of the nature of the conflict.

5. The Aedile of the Cross shall be involved in all treaty discussions and shall present such discussions to the Consul for consideration.

6. The Aedile of the Cross shall keep the Consul informed of all activities external to Imperium which may be deemed of importance in policy making decisions.

8. The Aedile of the Cross shall select Foreign Ambassadors from the Imperium membership to represent the alliance as Ambassadors to foreign alliances.

Chapter Vc - Temple of the Sword

Article 14

1. The Temple of the Sword shall be the military component of Imperium.

2. The Aedile of the Sword is responsible for maintaining the security of Imperium. Duties include organization and maintenance of the Centuries, appointment of Centurions and the overall military readiness of the alliance. The Sword shall identify threats to Imperium security and stand ready to respond to the call for the use of military force.

Chapter Vd - Temple of the Crown

Article 15

1. The Temple of the Crown is the economic and commerce hub of the alliance. The Crown shall manage all banking, trade and aid programs within the alliance.

2. The Aedile of the Crown is responsible for maintaining the financial infrastructure of Imperium.

3. The Aedile of the Crown may establish subsidiary institutions as deemed necessary, with consent of the Quaestor, for the economical stability and growth of the alliance.

Chapter VI - Declarations of War

Article 16

1. Imperium shall not promote or encourage aggressive warfare, but will stand united in defense of it’s nations. The Magistracy will strive to exhaust all diplomatic means of resolution before consenting to warfare.

2. The Magistracy may decide what measures not involving the use of armed force are to be employed to give effect to its decisions, and it may call upon the members of the alliance to apply such measures. These measures may include complete or partial interruption of economic relations, trades, and the severance of diplomatic relations.

Article 17

No Imperium member may make a declaration of war or launch a spy operation without authorization from the Temple of the Sword. The Sword shall not direct any Imperium nation to engage in war or spy operations without first receiving direct orders from the Magistracy.

Article 18

Should the Magistracy consider that measures provided for in Article 15 would be inadequate or have proved to be inadequate, it may take such action by air, sea, or land forces as may be necessary to maintain or restore international peace and security.

Chapter VIa - Self Defense

Article 19

1. In keeping with the Sovereignty of our Nations, the members of Imperium are afforded the right to defend themselves against aggressive attacks upon their nations.

2. Measures taken by members in the exercise of this right of self-defense shall be immediately reported to the Temple of the Sword and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Magistracy under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

3. The Magistracy and Cross shall seek to maintain international peace and security, seeking resolution, on behalf of it’s members, for any unwarranted acts of aggression.

Chapter VII - Amendments

Article 20

Any member of Imperium may make recommendations for amendments to the Charter. Amendments to the present Charter shall come into force for all members of the alliance when they have been adopted by a majority vote of the members voting and ratified in accordance with their respective constitutional processes.

Article 21

Any member of Imperium may make recommendations for alterations of the existing Charter. Any alteration of the present Charter shall take effect when adopted by a majority vote of the members voting and ratified in accordance with their respective constitutional processes.

Chapter VIII - Ratification and Signature

Article 22

1. The present Charter shall be ratified by the signatory nations in accordance with their respective constitutional processes.

2. The present Charter shall come into force upon the ratifications by the Magistracy.

IN FAITH WHEREOF the representatives of the Governments of the Imperium alliance have signed the present Charter.

DONE the 23rd day of October, Two Thousand and Nine.

Signed,

Gabe Logan - Imperator and Founder

QQQ14 - Magister Equitum and Co-founder

Jesus, that's quite a massive charter you have there. Don't know why people seem to think that there is a correlation between number of words in your charter, and the quality of your alliance.

Not everyone can have a charter as simple as "Our current despot makes the rules, sit down and shut up".

Not everyone can have a charter as simple as "Our current despot makes the rules, sit down and shut up".

I'm sure they could. Probably not the right place for you to be waving your arms and shouting "Imperialists! Fascists! Brainwashed drones!", unless, like Doitzel, Pacifica is also relevant to any conversation.

I'm sure they could. Probably not the right place for you to be waving your arms and shouting "Imperialists! Fascists! Brainwashed drones!", unless, like Doitzel, Pacifica is also relevant to any conversation.

If you're going to make stupid posts complaining about a mildly long charter, you should expect to have them rebutted. I'm not sure what the rest of that has to do with this topic, but I'm sure that I should feel terribly.

If you're going to make stupid posts complaining about a mildly long charter, you should expect to have them rebutted. I'm not sure what the rest of that has to do with this topic, but I'm sure that I should feel terribly.

I commented on the length of a charter in a thread concerning a DoE, in which the charter was posted. You didn't rebut anything, you just started beinging 'loudly anti-Pacifican' (/me winks at The Eye), in a thread which has nothing to do with us. Just can't get us out of your mind? :ehm:

I commented on the length of a charter in a thread concerning a DoE, in which the charter was posted. You didn't rebut anything, you just started beinging 'loudly anti-Pacifican' (/me winks at The Eye), in a thread which has nothing to do with us. Just can't get us out of your mind? :ehm:

Can you believe I'd respond to your post with a counter-example from your own alliance? Outrageous!

That post wasn't a counter-anything. If you want to get into it with me, start a thread about how our charter is crap, or PM me. I'm happy to shoot down anything you've got to say.

Or both of you could put them back in your pants and go your separate ways...

Good luck Imperium, really doesn't look like an excessively long charter... flag is cool too.