Mars Hotspot

Sande

I guess people have bought their first Mars colonies and/or mines to reap the benefits from them.

Let's copy the Moon Hotspot topic's idea and update the OP with the best locations for your bases.

SEPTEMBER HOTSPOT

Latitude = 26

Longitude = 86

100%

(Did someone change it for me or is it really the same as june?)

Colony gives 5% extra population when you hit the hotspot and 2.5% when you are at 50% efficiency.

If you had 100000 citizens and you reset the colony population, you get between 5000 and 2500 citizens.

(population at the last reset)*0.05*efficiency/100

Mine gives the effect of the bonus resource you get. The efficiency shows how much of it you get.

(resource bonuses)*efficiency/100

Effective way to place coordinates

In addition, if someone has said they found the hotspot, you may visit his nation and look at the location of his wonders. This way you will get a visual of where the wonder should be.

Edited by Sande

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a bit closer, 96%. All in the OP.

I think someone should try this:

I think it is going to be 98-99%

75, 173 or 74, 173 could be these too. +- 0.000000000000001

Edited by Sande

aye, glad to find a thread like this.

but how do you find the coordinates on the map? cause trial and error is kinda expensive. Yes, I did look at the image posted and am now neighboring there but not at the exact location of 69.00000, 175.00000

aye, glad to find a thread like this.

but how do you find the coordinates on the map? cause trial and error is kinda expensive. Yes, I did look at the image posted and am now neighboring there but not at the exact location of 69.00000, 175.00000

I posted instructions in the Moon Hotspot thread for getting and setting exact coordinates; they should work the same for Mars.

• 2 weeks later...
so what you are saying is you are still at 65% in November?
That's correct, it was still reading at 65%. I'm not sure if that's because the point happens to be that much in November as well, or the value didn't update for some reason. Regardless, I moved, and have the new value of 52%, which sucks but hopefully is helpful.

not sure if this was related to the old hotspot or not but

58.00000, -54.00000 50%

wonder how I ended up with a -54 there...

my colony at 58.00000, 54.00000 is at 62%

my mine at 64.00000, 50.00000 is at 58%

that was some expensive fun

If you have 100% efficiency for the mine, you get the full effect of your bonus resource.

Also, the colony doesn't give necessarily a 5% population boost when you have 100% efficiency; it gives 5% of the population you had at the last time you reset the colony population, which could be either more or less than 5% of your current population.

If you have 100% efficiency for the mine, you get the full effect of your bonus resource.

Also, the colony doesn't give necessarily a 5% population boost when you have 100% efficiency; it gives 5% of the population you had at the last time you reset the colony population, which could be either more or less than 5% of your current population.

I only moved the colony to try and find the hotspot, not because I expected any returns from it

thank you for the hotspot IRON and Matt Miller,

also, reading the description of the hotspots it seems that there is just common hostspots for the 3 space wonders and I suppose that you will move more than one space wonder into the same hotspot and both will get the bonuses? someone already did it?