The Roman Question

Agostinho Neto

bandiere2.jpg

Treaty between the Church of Rome and the Italian Republic

In the name of the Italian People and the Republic

Whereas:

The Church of Rome and Italy have recognized the desirability of eliminating every existing reason for dissension between them by arriving at a definitive settlement of their reciprocal relations, one which is consistent with justice and with the dignity of the two Parties and which, by assuring to the Church of Rome in a permanent manner a position in fact and in law which guarantees it sovereignty for the fulfilment of its exalted mission in the world, permits the Church of Rome to consider as finally and irrevocably settled the “Roman Question”, which arose in August 2009 by the annexation of Rome to the Italian Republic under the ruled of His Excellency General Junio Valerio Borghese;

Since, in order to assure the absolute and visible sovereignty of the Church of Rome, it is required that it be guaranteed an indisputable sovereignty even in the international realm, it has been found necessary to create under special conditions Vatican City, recognizing the full sovereign jurisdiction of the Church of Rome.

over the same;

His Holiness the Supreme Roman Pontiff Paul VII Borghese and His Excellency General Junio Valerio Borghese have agreed to conclude a Treaty, appointing for that purpose two Plenipotentiaries, namely, on behalf of His Holiness and on behalf of His Excellency General Junio Valerio Borghese, Prime Minister and Head of Government; which persons, having exchanged their respective full powers, which were found to be in due and proper form, have agreed upon the following:

- A political treaty recognizing the full sovereignty of the Holy See in the Status Civitatis Vaticanae, which was thereby established.

- A concordat regulating the position of the Catholic Church and the Catholic religion in the Italian state.

Given in Rome this 19th day of September, 2009

His Holiness the Supreme Roman Pontiff Paul VII Borghese

His Excellency General Junio Valerio Borghese

papa2q.jpg

OOC: It's a freaking church. I highly doubt that a church will have much power in world affairs.

OOC: Hey, to me the Church is my life! Why else would I spend three months RPing it? But before I derail this thing, it's true that Junio now has two countries.

OOC: Hey, to me the Church is my life! Why else would I spend three months RPing it? But before I derail this thing, it's true that Junio now has two countries.

OOC: No, he doesn't. He has a country and a church that has been granted some land to exercise authority over. Like a bishopric.

OOC: You do realize that by making the Vatican a political entity means that the Vatican is now it's own country right? Are you allowed to RP two countries?

OOC: You are not allowed to RP two nations recognized on the map, each based upon your IG nation; however you can and there has been precedent for RPing multiple political entities within the same territories of land. For example I rped 4-5 city states within the same territory, (which were themselves sovereign entities), however I divided my military up between them. That rule was created to prevent people from abusing the OOC IC division by manipulating multiple nations one to just do whatever they wanted with; without fear of harm coming to their main nation. As vatican city isn't on the map, and it has no potential to harm other nations there is no reason why that rule should apply to his attempt to accurately reflect the region.

That being said I think you are just abusing the no two country rules to protect your own RP legacy; its clear his use of two political entities, both from his status in botha mode, and moreover in the lack of military powers belonging to the church, does not violate the rule when you examine the true intent of its passage.

Edited by iamthey

OOC: Then let me rephrase my question. Do 200 men standing around in medieval uniforms holding halberds even count as a police force?

OOC: I wouldn't want to mess with them. Halberds can hurt, but I'll stop derailing this thread now.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

OOC: KingChris I figured you'd remember, I recalled the Swiss Guard. If someone wants to ask for them they might get them back, but I wouldn't count on it. However, for now, no one has the Swiss Guard but me.

OOC: If I remember correctly:

OOC: Who said they are drawn from the Swiss Army in CNRP?

OOC: Who says they aren't? You even accepted that in the thread. Besides, the Swiss Guard are Swiss citizens, meaning they fall under my jurisdiction.

OOC: I never accepted that. And they could be ethnically Swiss, not necessarily Swiss citizens.

Point is, this Church could have a Swiss Guard, from Rheinmark or not.