CG you have been Rick Roll'd

We’re no strangers to love,

You know the rules and so do I.

A full commitment’s what I’m thinking of,

You wouldn’t get this from any other guy.

I just wanna tell you how I’m feeling,

Gotta make you understand…

Never gonna give you up,

Never gonna let you down,

Never gonna run around and desert you.

Never gonna make you cry,

Never gonna say goodbye,

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

And with that,

Menotah declares Support for Invicta and Crimson Guard.

Our allies at Invicta felt it right

To assist CG, and so do I.

So with this announcement, Menotah approves of trying to find a peaceful way to end this conflict and we will assist Crimson Guard in monetary and diplomatic means in doing so.

Give you up. give you up.

Give you up, give you up.

Never gonna give

Never gonna give, give you up.

Never gonna give

Never gonna give, give you up.

Signed,

Joey67500, Triumvir

Fireblade, Triumvir

P.S. And no, it’s not because we don’t like Pink.

Edited by Joey67500

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how did this have 5 replies and 0 views? o.O

At any rate o/

OOC: Views update once an hour.

Oh, and while I'm at it, you forgot to announce that you changed your name from joey67500 to Joey67500 on the CDT boards. :P

Bandwagon effect, invented by Conal Sherry, also known as "cromo effect" and closely related to opportunism, is the observation that people often do and believe things because many other people do and believe the same things. The effect is often called herd instinct. People tend to follow the crowd without examining the merits of a particular thing. The bandwagon effect is the reason for the bandwagon fallacy's success.

The bandwagon effect is well-documented in behavioral psychology and has many applications. The general rule is that conduct or beliefs spread among people, as fads and trends clearly do, with "the probability of any individual adopting it increasing with the proportion who have already done so".[1] As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon" regardless of the underlying evidence. The tendency to follow the actions or beliefs of others can occur because individuals directly prefer to conform, or because individuals derive information from others. Both explanations have been used for evidence of conformity in psychological experiments. For example, social pressure has been used to explain Asch's conformity experiments[2], and information has been used to explain Sherif's autokinetic experiment.[3]

Yep, I've seen this one before.

Or...they could just want to stand by their allies. Read between the lines all you want, that's what it says in the announcement.

Actually standing by your allies could be considered a bandwagon if you don't do it right. Especially if your allies have no official ties to the people they are supporting.

Edited by Fort Pitt

Actually standing by your allies could be considered a bandwagon if you don't do it right. Especially if your allies have no official ties to the people they are supporting.

Oh, I'm sure it can be. Still, people seem to use bandwagoning as a blanket term for "you don't have a treaty with them." That's too broad. Bandwagoning is when you hop into a war for your own personal benefit, little tech here, little land there. I don't see how one gets anything (other than a little PR and drama) for stating that they support one side but aim to avoid military force. The point of these DoS' was to put pressure on IS and get them to see that they had to stand down and give CG their reps. We don't get a cent out of it, in fact we're giving aid.