Crimson Guard Edict #5: Ultimatum to Internet Superheroes

Crimson Guard Announcement

Today, at update, Crimson Guard was blitzed by an alliance known as the Internet Superheroes. I was not around at update, and quite frankly would prefer not to be on IRC right now, because [OOC] I have been visiting a dying relative in hospital this evening. [/OOC] As it is, I've been spending the last six hours trying to resolve the issue.

I'm going to break my sacred ethic regarding logs and leave names on these, but I think perhaps this is unavoidable.

Originally, I was shown records of the conversations that took place in #CN-CG in my absence, which claimed that IS were doing this as some sort of large-scale tech raid. The thing is, tech raids do not include strategies like cruise missiles, bombing strikes, or spying away nukes, all of which were employed on us. When I asked IS government about this, they made it clear that this was not about tech.

Session Start: Thu Aug 20 23:36:49 2009

Session Ident: Sakura

01[23:36] <Francesca> Hello. :)

01[23:36] <Francesca> Do you have a moment?

[23:37] <Sakura> Possibly.

01[23:37] <Francesca[CG]> In your co-ordinated attacks on Crimson Guard, cruise missile attacks and bomber strikes were used, as well as spy attacks on our nukes.

01[23:38] <Francesca[CG]> IS stated that this was a co-ordinated tech raid..... the above strategies are not employed in tech raids.

01[23:38] <Francesca[CG]> Could you please clarify, then, why they were used?

[23:38] <Sakura> You've never seen me tech raid, have you?

01[23:38] <Francesca[CG]> I've not paid much attention to you or your alliance before.

01[23:39] <Francesca[CG]> But cruise missile and bomber strikes do not gain you tech.

01[23:39] <Francesca[CG]> And are not used in raids.

[23:39] <Sakura> Bombers and CMs *do* take out tanks, and cause shrinkage in nations with larger populations.

01[23:39] <Francesca[CG]> Irrelevant.

01[23:40] <Francesca[CG]> They are not used for the purposes of gaining tech, which is the idea behind a tech raid.

[23:40] <Sakura> Do you think I did this for tech?

01[23:41] <Francesca[CG]> So you concede that this was not a tech raid. Thank you, that's all I need.

It didn't take long to discover what was really going on.

[09:46] <Olaf_Eriksson[CG]> What's the deal with the war anyway?

[09:46] <Hurricane[iS]> Well, King Xander told me to attack

[09:46] <Hurricane[iS]> so

[09:46] <Hurricane[iS]> I did, along with everyone else in IS

[09:46] <Olaf_Eriksson[CG]> On what grounds?

<@Olaf_Eriksson[CG]> [09:48] <Hurricane[iS]> Ask Francesca

Olaf asked me, then told Hurricane that I didn't know what Hurricane was referring to. Hurricane's response:

[10:07] <Hurricane[iS]> Well

[10:07] <Hurricane[iS]> it was probably done "for the lulz" then

[10:07] <Hurricane[iS]> I have no idea

[10:07] <Hurricane[iS]> don't ask me :/

[10:07] <Hurricane[iS]> not in gov

So essentially, they attacked my alliance, without a Declaration of War, or a suitable Casus Belli, for !@#$s and giggles.

They then proceeded to offer us peace, so that they could walk off with our tech, while we licked our wounds. Well, I'm sorry, but I simply don't operate like that. If you attack me or any member of my alliance, you can bet you'll face consequences. You won't just walk away from this.

Therefore, my ultimatum to Internet Superheroes is as follows: pay us 105m in reps or face retribution from Crimson Guard and her friends.

Signed:

Francesca, Chancellor of Crimson Guard.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I do not approve of the actions of IS in this instance, Francesca, do you really have any weight to throw around here? To my knowledge, your only treaty is with Rebel Virginia which, let's face it, won't change the tides of war against IS and possibly their allies as well. Do you have any informal ties to other alliances that would support you in this? Without those, this announcement is tantamount to suicide. You're basically telling IS "come and get it," and believe me, they will. Lots of free tech, land, and cash that is.

I sincerely hope that there is more behind this than "just for lulz."

I'm not a fan of acts of war without valid CB. Before the slew of comments like "war needs no CB" I am simply stating that I'm not a fan of noCB wars.

Good luck in sorting this all out :(

I sincerely hope that there is more behind this than "just for lulz."

I'm not a fan of acts of war without valid CB. Before the slew of comments like "war needs no CB" I am simply stating that I'm not a fan of noCB wars.

Good luck in sorting this all out :(

No, this is not for entertainment value. This is to defend the sovereignty of my alliance.

Therefore, my ultimatum to Internet Superheroes is as follows: pay us 105m in reps or face retribution from Crimson Guard and her friends.

Could you clarify? I can't find any treaties other than Red Dawn on your wiki.

edit: seems it's been answered. Good luck then.

Edited by Lord Brendan

The nation of willirica wishes crimson guard the best of luck in resolving this conflict. While attempting to mediate the dispute i was treated with nothing but disrespect by Hurricane. Being an avid raider of technology myself, the use of CMs and Aircraft is disheartening, especially when one considers the PWN doctrine in regards to this. However with the release of these logs its clear that this is in no way shape or form a technology raid. Its a shame a formal Declaration of War wasnt issued. Perhaps because the CB is merely boredom. Either way i wish both parties the best of luck, especially the crimson guard, in resolving this situation.

Edited by willirica

No, this is not for entertainment value. This is to defend the sovereignty of my alliance.

If it wasn't clear, i was referring to the act of war against you. I hope that there was/is more behind IT than "just for lulz," as I dislike noCB wars. I hope this clarifies my comment for you.

I really hope NSO uses their doctrine and !@#$ all over you.

Please, NSO, excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn here, but I don't think they published the doctrine in order that they become Cyberverse World Police. It's really grinding on me that every war that pops up someone has to mention the possibility of NSO fighting for all that is just.

Good luck in achieving what you deserve Crimson Guard. I doubt it will be easy though.

Please, NSO, excuse me if I'm speaking out of turn here, but I don't think they published the doctrine in order that they become Cyberverse World Police. It's really grinding on me that every war that pops up someone has to mention the possibility of NSO fighting for all that is just.

Good luck in achieving what you deserve Crimson Guard. I doubt it will be easy though.

Ivan always fights for what is just.