Notice of Protected Status

flag2l.jpg

Both Farkistan and The Liquor Cabinet have kindly, and independently, agreed to protect the alliance of Créole until otherwise specified and hereby render public notice of that intent. Créole would like to thank our benefactors both within and outside of our protectors for all of their help.

For those curious information can be located on our forums and wiki. We hope this is the last time the world will need hear from us in a very long time. Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

May I ask what are your relations with the theme of "créole culture" ? I see the heraldic lily (french symbol of royalty) on a black background... but maybe your titles reflect that theme...

The fleur-de-lis is symbolic of a lot of things and in its most basic form is actually prehistoric. As you correctly guessed we're invoking it in relation to the French origination of our name. It's a symbol commonly appropriated by both Cajun, Quebecois, and Créole cultures within North America.

At the more abstract end of things we choose the name and symbolism for Créole's direct translation (roughly given as creative birth or creation) and the fleur-de-lis for its more religious lilium inter spinas interpretation (albeit with no actual relation to Mary or Christianity in general, we have some strong humanists in the alliance including myself). On the more practical end of things Créole cultures (there are more than one, despite common association) are mixed societies taking hold of various qualities from their originating cultures. We found this to be an excellent portrayal of how we see ourselves.

Barring the convenient visual branding we are not a themed alliance.

Best of luck, I hope you find your peace on Planet Bob. ;)

I think we've all been around long enough to know better than to go looking for that as an endgame. All one can really ask for is that any war that we fight in is one we can feel good about at the end of the day. Ironically withdrawing completely from the fray makes one all the more likely to be pushed around by it.

At risk of being rather cliche I don't think there has ever been a much better turn of words on the matter than those Wirt attributed to Patrick Henry, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" So while we may be peaceniks at some level we're not without some worldly experience. It's a matter of ideals versus pragmatism.

I think we've all been around long enough to know better than to go looking for that as an endgame. All one can really ask for is that any war that we fight in is one we can feel good about at the end of the day. Ironically withdrawing completely from the fray makes one all the more likely to be pushed around by it.

At risk of being rather cliche I don't think there has ever been a much better turn of words on the matter than those Wirt attributed to Patrick Henry, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" So while we may be peaceniks at some level we're not without some worldly experience. It's a matter of ideals versus pragmatism.

This is a pretty excellent and complete response... Thanks...

With that in mind, I can only wish you the best of the future possible !

Barring the convenient visual branding we are not a themed alliance.

Which sucks, because you know it would be awesome to have an alliance totally dedicated to posting everything in a bad Acadian accent. ;)

In any case, congrats guys, and good luck.

Hail and whatnot.hails.png

From that response, I'm pretty sure you'll be perfectly fine. ;)