CDT Announcement

cdt_flag_small.png

CDT Announcement

It's my pleasure to announce not only a new member but a new era for CDT. CDT in origin included a number of newer and smaller alliances that were part of the CDT umbrella. Whilst modern CDT has moved on from this point and of late has consisted of larger alliances there still should be room for new and exciting start ups. So we would like to welcome Menotah in to CDT as the first in a long line of junior members.

The following amendment has been made to the CDT charter:

Article VII - Junior Members (thereby making Protectorates Article VIII, Amendments Article IX and The Commission Article X)

Alliances that are under 500,000 Nation strength may be voted in as Junior Members of the Common Defense Treaty. They receive all the benefits of full members except that they do not get to vote on CDT charter changes or on accepting new members (although input on both is welcome) and do not receive an Admin.

Junior Members are automatically upgraded to Full Members upon reaching 500,000 alliance nation strength

Article IX Change - This pact may be amended by a unanimous vote by all full member signatories. A discussion period of 72 hours will precede the vote. Failure to comply will void the respective amendment(s).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Expected/10.

- Menotah is a disaster waiting/just about to happen.

- A shame it'll bring down CDT with them, as CDT has some quality alliances.

- Bad move, CDT.

This sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Edited by Balsamic Vinegar

Any start-up with any sense wouldn't sign the CDT with the provision you just added. From the wording, it seems like Junior members are still required to defend other signatories if attacked... but get no vote on charter changes because they are too small.

So the bloc's larger members run the show?

I hope small alliances that are "recruited" to this bloc see what they are really being brought in to do - act as very small, doomed meat-shields.

Bad move.

Any start-up with any sense wouldn't sign the CDT with the provision you just added. From the wording, it seems like Junior members are still required to defend other signatories if attacked... but get no vote on charter changes because they are too small.

I hope small alliances that are "recruited" to this bloc see what they are really being brought in to do - act as very small, doomed meat-shields.

Bad move.

Did you miss the

Junior Members are automatically upgraded to Full Members upon reaching 500,000 alliance nation strength

They are also defended by the bloc's larger members.

I should note that when CDT was founded, its founding alliance had the deciding vote on a huge number of CDT issues, and yet all sorts of people like Fark and Ragnarok and, yes, Invicta joined it anyway.

We liberalized the charter a while back to give everyone a say; the only problem with this approach is that it makes it harder to admit smaller alliances, who are exactly the sorts of alliances we once were ourselves. So we've come up with a hybrid approach.

Also, yes, smaller alliances once they grow automatically become full CDT members. There's no ratification. Far as I know that's unique in any bloc.

Will they need to maintain 500k for a certain period of time before the are upgraded. It's easy to go above and back below certain NS barriers almost daily until you stabilize on one side.

We don't really expect our members to engage in shenanigans of that sort just in order to get a forum admin. :P

So, from what I can tell, you trust the junior members with your lives, as their membership includes mandatory defense in case of outside attack, but you don't trust them with a vote?

Who in their right mind would join such a thing?

So, from what I can tell, you trust the junior members with your lives, as their membership includes mandatory defense in case of outside attack, but you don't trust them with a vote?

Who in their right mind would join such a thing?

You obviously haven't been invited to a lot of blocs. :P

You obviously haven't been invited to a lot of blocs. :P

I don't understand what my experience in blocs has to do with the simple logic that you are obligated to defend the junior member from non-chaining attack (superseding all other treaties), but you don't trust them enough to allow a vote on internal matters.