Moon Hotspot

AirMe

No, if I get it correctly. My understanding is that 5 happiness is the maximum you can get and if your efficiency is lower, you will get less.

This is incorrect.

- Happiness bonus is dependent on age of the Base. It starts at 5 Happiness and degrades over time, it isn't affected by the HotSpot.

- The -4% infra cost and infra bill saving for the Base is what is afected by the hotspot, eg at 50% efficiency you only save 2% on cost and bills

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is incorrect.

- Happiness bonus is dependent on age of the Base. It starts at 5 Happiness and degrades over time, it isn't affected by the HotSpot.

- The -4% infra cost and infra bill saving for the Base is what is afected by the hotspot, eg at 50% efficiency you only save 2% on cost and bills

Well that's the last time I'm moving my wonder then :s

This is incorrect.

So the Colony and Mine bonuses aren't affected by the hotspot at all?

Well that's the last time I'm moving my wonder then :s

It's probably still worth it for most people though, albeit not that much. 2% of my infra bills is over $300k per day. If I do it right (and everyone keeps helping each other out like in this thread!), I shouldn't have to ever collect with low efficiency, but say for argument's sake that I do, and I only get 100% efficiency for 20 days out of the month. That's $6M before the hot spot moves...much more than the cost to move it once or twice.

Screenshots aren't as useful as exact coordinates.

How to get your exact coordinates...

Step 1: "View Source" for your map page.

Step 2: Search for "//Display moon and mars bases".

Step 3: Look several lines below that for the line that begins with "marker2 = new GMarker(new GLatLng(".

Step 4: Note the GLatLng(SomeNumber,AnotherNumber); the first number is the latitude (y-axis, up-down), the second is the longitude (x-axis, left-right).

For example, my map page's source says "marker2 = new GMarker(new GLatLng(23.75,-97.125),{icon:iconType,draggable: false});", so my Moon Base is at latitude=23.75, longitude=-97.125. Once you know how to get your exact coordinates, you're halfway to precise hotspot searches. The other half of the problem is setting your exact coordinates.

How to set your exact coordinates...

Step 1: Move your wonder around on the map, the way you normally would to move it to a new location, but don't click on the relocation confirmation link.

Step 2: Copy the url of the relocation confirmation link (in Firefox, right-click, "Copy Link Location"); it's the link in the popup you get after you move the wonder, telling you the cost of the move.

Step 3: Clear your address bar and paste the url into it.

Step 4: Locate the part that says "lat=SomeNumber", where SomeNumber is (big surprise) some number, and change the number to the latitude you want.

Step 5: Do the same as you did in step 4, but this time the part of the url you want to change is the part that says "lon=AnotherNumber" (where AnotherNumber is another number).

Step 6: Hit enter to confirm the move.

For example, the url of my relocation confirmation link might be "http://www.cybernations.net/national_wonders_map.asp?Nation_ID=33353&Location=Moon&Type=Base&lat=-3.14159&lon=12.3456789&VALUE=F6C8A21E45", but if the coordinates I actually want are latitude=-54.5, longitude=28.25, then I would change it to "http://www.cybernations.net/national_wonders_map.asp?Nation_ID=33353&Location=Moon&Type=Base&lat=-54.5&lon=28.25&VALUE=F6C8A21E45"; note that the only part changed is the "lat=-3.14159&lon=12.3456789", which becomes "lat=-54.5&lon=28.25". Once you've set your exact coordinates for each wonder, so long as you remember them each time you move your wonders, you won't have to dig through the source of the map page to find the coordinates again.

Understanding the coordinate system...

All google maps work by standard latitude and longitude, and they're 2D projections of a sphere, so the map grid is 360x180 units in size, and each unit represents one degree of movement on the sphere. The map repeats on the east-west axis (just like going around a circle, you end up back where you started); the north-south axis is only 180 degrees because it's a sphere, not a torus, so the reverse side of any vertical line is exactly 180 degrees east or west of it (i.e. halfway across the map).

Finding the hotspot...

Though I have yet to determine the exact formula, the relationship between efficiency and distance to the hotspot appears to be non-linear (e.g. the distance required for 51% efficiency might be a hundred or even a thousand times larger than the distance required for 99% efficiency). By the way, if anyone has a collection coming up before the hotspot reset, my current coordinates (latitude=23.75, longitude=-97.125) provide 98% efficiency (on the Moon).

Edited by Rich333

To add some stuff to Rich´s post.

The 99% and 100% Hotspot radii seems to be very very small.

Now as we have 3 coord sets with 98% it´s easy.

Coords with 98% efficiency

-97, 24

-97.4, 23.8

-97, 23.5

Thats a triangle, find the centre of that triangle so that every point is on the same radius.

Result is

-97.125, 23.750 = 100% Hotspot

with a radius = 0.28

That means the distance between the 100% Spot and the 98% Spots is 0.28

Minimum distance for some other efficiencies

97% d=1.15

87% d=2.68

Well i thought i had nailed it down but meeeh ;)

GLatLng(23.75,-97.125)

x = longitude = -97.125

y = latitude = 23.75

efficiency = 98%

Didn't work

That´s crazy, because with that 3 sets of coords there is no other way that the "100%" spot is the centre of that triangle and i calced that center exactly.

The only explanation i have is that the efficiency radii are really really small close to the 100% spot and the points i used to calc the hotspot were on different ends of the radii, like one was close to 97% and one close to 99%.

If i´m right with that, i would have expected at least 99% but you got 98% again that indicates the 100% and even the 99% efficiency radii must be very small.

So much about finding the 100% hotspot. Please add any 98% efficiency coords you have. Thanks.

Edited by Steelrat

I'm actually sitting at 99%. I decided that was good enough. ;)

Very interesting information. Beats my blind drag-and-drop "method." :D

21.94304553343818,-95.625

Edited by sammykhalifa

Alright your 99% spot killed all my assumptions, thanks. When i look at the coords i have now, i can only say bad luck as some of the 97% spots are so damn close to be 98% that´s not funny. A set of 97% and 98% spots are nearly on a line.

Edited by Steelrat

Thanks for the info guys! I knew there had to be a better way than looking at screenshots, but didn't quite know what that way was until now.

One slight addition to the instructions...for those of us that use IE, it's "Copy Shortcut" for setting your coordinates, Step 2. Other than that, these were very well-written and clear instructions!

My coordinates: 25.79989118208833,-96.6796875 ---> 97% (close enough that I'm not going to move it again!)

So for the reset can someone post the coordinates when the time comes? I'm not as mathematical as some of you guys. :D

After the hotspot reset, everyone should repost their coordinates and efficiencies. Hopefully we'll have some >50% efficiencies to help narrow down the new hotspot location, but even if all we have are 50% efficiencies, we'll know where not to look for the hotspot. A lot of us will probably be clustered around the previous month's hotspot after every reset, but even slightly different positions could give us different efficiencies, and that could give us enough data to determine at least the general direction of the new hotspot relative to the old one.

No, those are. If you are at 50% efficiency for your colony, you can only collect taxes from 50% of the citizens living there. Likewise your moon resource would give half it's benefit if it's at 50% efficiency.

Sorry to harp on this tangent; however what is the efficiency for a colony or mine whose base has expired? i.e. at the end when the base expires (but the others haven't yet), do you have to rebuild the base in order to gain the benefit of the colony or mine?

that has been answered before. Although the base is required for the colony and mine, once you purchase the colony/mine, it is completely independent of the base. Losing the base will not affect your colony/mine

According to what you said earlier, they're not completely independent, as the hotspot location is dependent on the base, isn't it?

There is only one hotspot on the moon per month. When you buy the colony or mine you get more symbols to move around the map representing your colony/mine. They have their own efficiency and are not tied into the base. Although once you find the hotspot, you are gonna want to put all your wonders on the same spot, so they get the same efficiency.

In short, to answer your question, the efficiency of your base is not the efficiency of your colony/mine.

Also, my starting coordinates, (1,1) are at 50% efficiency. Lemme move my base and get another reading.

YAY! struck gold, so to speak!

76% at coordinates (-76.9999351181161,-90.703125)

I help! :P

Now go find a closer spot!

Edited by Slayer1557