One Girl in this Horrid World

Sarah Tintagyl

True to his title, Kevin brought up a shield of pure-darkness to protect himself from the sudden infusion of light. He growled at being tricked as such and opened up a Dark Corridor. He stepped through and emerged once more in front of the Elemental; this time out for blood.

"You refuse to answer me and attempt to destroy my very existence. This is something I cannot forgive you for."

Kevin disappeared in a flash of Darkness and appeared again only inches from the Elemental with his sword outstretched onto his path. In his other hand he gathered a ball of concentrated Shadows, intent on incapacitating the man which used his powers to try and leave.

'I won't underestimate him again.' Kevin thought to himself. A swamp of Dark Energy enveloped both of their feet, ready to be called upon for an attack at will. Hopefully it wouldn't become a duel-to-the-death, but Kevin would remain prepared.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was not aiming to destroy you," he said, stopping with a fraction of inch between himself and the blade, and backing out of what the range of the last shield of darkness was. "You have confronted me, as you would an animal you are hunting. No animal enjoys being cornered, and if you were sane, you would have already realized this and not attempted to trap me. Leave me alone, I'm warning you, for I cannot give you tha answers you seek."

All words were delivered in an emotionless calm, quite the contrast to the angry demands of his antagonist. At the slightest hint of a prtal being opened, his next move would not be to one side or the other, but directly up, on a pillar of Earth, that would launch him into the sky and into the rays of the sun that was already hinting at rising.

"Hunting, you say? That is hardly the word I would use. You refuse to answer me though you have the answers I seek, almost as bad as," his next few words came out in a bitter whisper, "that fool Generalissimo. As for my sanity, that's something for me to be concerned about. Not you."

He looked as well at the rising rays of light, but not with fear. More like...anticipation.

"Do you think me some minor Dabbler in the Dark Arts? Pure Daytime is not something for me to fear. You cannot possibly match me during the primordial night, though you might well be my equal during the day. No. I am the CHOSEN of the Darkness, and you will not stop me from achieving my destiny."

By this point the lines between Kevin and his Dark Side were practically nonexistent. And, at that instant he slammed the ball of Shadows down on the Elemental.

The Seismometers went off. He took off.. and with the magnetic drives very rapidly arrived at the point the fight was occurring. He loomed over the two. "Darkness. Elements. The embodiment of blindness. The embodiment of all answers. Fitting irony. We appreciate that the two of you are in contrast, but bickering won't solve anything. How about be polite and friendly to each other instead of one being absolutely demanding and rude.. and the other being such a mystery to all?" It settled..

He looked to the dark one, "Most of the blame falls on you. We all have our privacy.. even though we have lost all forms of Privacy personally.. due to the very nature of what we are. The individual beings still cherish it. What gives you a right to demand answers?"

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Or rather, where the elemental had been. No portal was opened, but the attack was a fairly obvious one. Obviously his attacker was being ruled by his emotions, and therefore his attacks gre reckless and easy to evade. When the dust cleared from the attack, the elemental was standing 20 feet to the left of where he had been.

"If not hunting, then what do you call it? Extermination? I cannot give you answers I do not possess, he repeated."

At that moment, a whirwind came up, obscuring everything from the sight of both beings, and the Elementalist launched himslef into the air not with a pillar (though he used one to make the enemy think he had gone toward the rising sun, when in reality he went the opposite direction), but with a streak of flames that could not be seen through the obscuring dust. When the dust cleared, he would be gone.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Quick to move. we like that one. He's good at avoiding unnecessary conflict." Its voice had changed, it now seemed to project 3 in harmony.

Elsewhere in Dragonisia.. citizens were getting strange empty envelopes from the government. What they didn't see was the nanobots going into their homes and infecting pretty much every aspect of them.. appliances, communications devices, the structure of the home itself. Every day, the Chairman became more and more....

Kevin stood, struggling to separate his dark-side from controlling his body. To outsiders it would look like he was gripped with indecision, but internally a battle for dominance raged full-tilt.

'No! We have to kill him!' His Doppelganger roared back at him. 'He has the answers we need! We must not let him go!'

'Leave him be. If he says he doesn't know, he doesn't know.' Kevin was calmer than his Anti-Self, and steadily gained ground towards complete control.

'You're going to let him get away? When we're so close to reaching complete power?' The desperation in it's voice was noticeable.

'When have I cared about power? That isn't something we need.'

And with that, Kevin became himself again, looking at the world through blue eyes instead of sickly yellow. The Elemental apparently forgot that Kevin was a Denizen of Darkness, used to seeing with less than no light. He watched him pass across the sky and made no move to follow.

"If you do know something, you should've told me..." He whispered to himself before opening a portal and disappearing once more into the Corridors of Darkness.

Jerusalem Flashback . . . Seismic activity wasn’t getting any better but neither was the battle.

getting slaughtered *static*. . . sir static requesting immediate withdrawa *static*
They are fighting a hopeless losing battle, but they’re not getting out, not until Sarah’s return “Your request is denied, keep fighting.”
What do you want us to do? We’ve fired everything we have at it, we’re out of ammunition and down to twelve men.
Generalissimo replied dispassionately into his radio, “I’ve taken your updated circumstances under consideration, fix bayonets and charge it.”

Generalissimo watched the destruction with moderate irritation, the dense dim-witted beast took Sarah and without the slightest courtesy or consideration leaving him alone in the epicenter of the turmoil. . . Maybe he should lobby ‘them’ to sanction the Dragon, unfortunately the Chairman’s participation is still moderately useful in advancing this phase of the scenario.

At least creature removed Kevin and his shadow before anyone could press for additional answers.

This force was spent, he was going to need more men for Hong Kong

Edited by Generalissimo

The Chairman returned to Jerusalem as his satellites had picked up a battle still going there and he was.. kind of watching it to make sure no more madness ensued. He quietly asked the men on the ground, "What are you fighting? The robot has already left and went to Hong Kong."
Identify *Static* How did you get this frequency? *Static* Identification confirmed *Static* What are we fighting? *Static* Aftershocks and Anarchy *Static* you're just getting signal feedback. We're done here, it got everyone else, I've been left here. I know Generalissimo has another force on the way to Asia, the crazy old man says he's going to take another shot at the killer robot.
Edited by Generalissimo

"Crazy? He's the !@#$ of Legends. We're going to go help him. Do you need any additional support in your mission here?"
Thanks for asking. I might eventually need an extraction, but I’m otherwise ok.

I’m Sergeant *Static* and my current position is *Static*

Meanwhile in Hong Kong:

Generalissimo and several hundred Procinctian soldiers confront a Hong Hong Police CIB bureaucrat amidst the impending disaster.

“I am Generalissimo - yes that Generalissimo - and as authorized by World Congress Security Council emergency resolution zero I’m taking command of the situation; if you have any concerns, complaints, or questions feel free to present them to the World Congress Organization.

Don’t look so surprised, I convinced the World Congress Security Council to appoint me supreme commander of upcoming allied forces for the upcoming battles. . . When I need to commandeer your men and equiptment, I might try to let you know.”

Edited by Generalissimo

Maelstrom shot up to the stratosphere. He began to fly towards Hong Kong under the Magnetic Drives, pushing against the earth's own magnetic fields using the Tiberium reactors. He would still be a while before arriving, but he was flying so fast he was ionizing. It was the other location of seismic events. He'd been tracking the robot and assumed it was coming to surface there.

"Qin."

All was quiet in the chamber as Sarah spoke. At his name, the turret hummed and vibrated as power was shuffled back into the rest of the systems. A solitary red beam came from the turret once more, filling the dark chamber with familiar red light. However, at this lower chamber she could see the top of what seemed to be his head. Bright green attempted to pierce through the dirt and sand.

"Please," he spoke gently. "Would you wipe a layer of dirt off of my optical sensor? It seems that while I may have enough firepower to destroy the worlds armies I cannot scratch my own eye."

Meanwhile in Hong Kong:

Generalissimo and several hundred Procinctian soldiers confront a Hong Hong Police CIB bureaucrat amidst the impending disaster.

“I am Generalissimo - yes that Generalissimo - and as authorized by World Congress Security Council emergency resolution zero I’m taking command of the situation; if you have any concerns, complaints, or questions feel free to present them to the World Congress Organization.

Don’t look so surprised, I convinced the World Congress Security Council to appoint me supreme commander of upcoming allied forces for the upcoming battles. . . When I need to commandeer your men and equiptment, I might try to let you know.”

OOC: Psst. Over here.

"Please," he spoke gently. "Would you wipe a layer of dirt off of my optical sensor? It seems that while I may have enough firepower to destroy the worlds armies I cannot scratch my own eye."

"Of course." Sarah floated down from the turret and floated near the eye of the robot. The dirt was thick, and the green light barely able to shine through the caked on dust. She wiped the eye with her hand, but only a minuscule amount of dirt came off and being afraid to damage the eye, Sarah reached for one of her sleeves and ripped it off, using the cloth as a rag. The result was much better as the dirt began to come off easier and the bright green light illuminating her brightly where she floated in front.

"Better?"

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

"Better?"

"Much," he replied. As soon as he spoke, the red light from the turret turned off and the humming ended. An orb, about half the size of her palm, slowly rose into the air from underneath the very thin layer of dirt now on it. Green light violently erupted from the orb, sounds of millenias quickly rushing past Sarah and back into the orb. After a brief moment of madness-inducing insanity, the chamber returned to darkness with only an extremely faint glow coming from the floating orb in front of her.

"Much has happened since we last met, child."

She drifted back down to the machine gun turret and sat down, looking up at the green orb hovering above her. "Yeah it has and its only been like two days too." Sarah sighed and looked up at the orb. "I really failed you Qin and I came to apologize. Your brother, N-17, James, I tried to talk with him, but he ended up destroying most of Jerusalem and buried underground before I could catch him." She lifted up her hands to show the scars still covering her body. "He's extremely powerful and fast, I wasn't even able to hit him before he disappeared. I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry and maybe you should find someone else to do this. When I got there, there were other people with the same abilities as me, some with more, some with less. Heck, there was even a giant lizard flying in the air."

Sarah looked down at the ground and then back up at the orb. "But they didn't even try to talk with him. Is he that lost that he can't be saved?"

Kevin stood, struggling to separate his dark-side from controlling his body. To outsiders it would look like he was gripped with indecision, but internally a battle for dominance raged full-tilt.

'No! We have to kill him!' His Doppelganger roared back at him. 'He has the answers we need! We must not let him go!'

'Leave him be. If he says he doesn't know, he doesn't know.' Kevin was calmer than his Anti-Self, and steadily gained ground towards complete control.

'You're going to let him get away? When we're so close to reaching complete power?' The desperation in it's voice was noticeable.

'When have I cared about power? That isn't something we need.'

And with that, Kevin became himself again, looking at the world through blue eyes instead of sickly yellow. The Elemental apparently forgot that Kevin was a Denizen of Darkness, used to seeing with less than no light. He watched him pass across the sky and made no move to follow.

"If you do know something, you should've told me..." He whispered to himself before opening a portal and disappearing once more into the Corridors of Darkness.

He neither knew that the obsctuing cloud had done no good, nor would he have cared. It had not been intended to create darkness, merely obscure sight, anyway.

All that mattered was that he was being left alone to pursue his own goals, and he turned his sights to the southeast, back where he'd been when this whole mess started.

"I fear that he is being controlled. He was lost beyond grief the last time we encountered civilized humans.. Perhaps this can put it in perspective. Naburu Finch was his title as Chieftain. I hope this is not too much for you."

The orb exploded. What happened over the next few minutes was Sarah given some of the last moments James had as a Brii - before the time rip.

Naburu Finch settled down in a snow-covered clearing, letting the rare sunlight that filtered through the clouds bring a new sense of contentedness. The ocean was only a few kilometers away, and the mountains to the west loomed in the everlasting darkness of that area. The two inches of fine, frozen dust were rapidly becoming none as Finch's heat radiated away from him. Each step left puddles thrice the size of a normal footprint, and every breath steamed in the wintry air.

A red beam darted around the clearing, taking in all of the surroundings. It hadn't changed in the seven years that he had used this place as a diplomacy ground between the tribes. Smiling from the inside of his helmet, Naburu placed the Amerikana banner on either side of the the only path leading to the clearing through the mountains. He took two other banners, belonging to the Ropa tribe and placed them on either side of the only path leaving the clearing. Both diplomatic parties would be here shortly.

"My name is Naburu Finch, commission number F17. Amerikana tribe, chieftain. I am here to meet with Paul Rayon, commission number G94. Ropa tribe, chieftain. Diplo parties arrive in fourteen minutes. Clearing Anubis. Date citation J42-15. Record."

A somewhat bulky camera sat on one side of the clearing, while two more machines sat whistling on the other side. Naburu Finch waited.

-----

Naza tried to nudge Noah again but it didn't seem to be working. She looked disdainfully towards the cockpit and wondering how Arube was fairing and hoping the rat new better than to get to close to the engine. "Hold up, I think I can land us." She began pulling up everything she new about aircracts, she was a mechanic not a pilot but they were going to crash on autopilot. For the second time.

Naza unbuckled her harness and slid out of her seat, carefully and most ungracefully making her way towards the cockpit. The controls looked all vaguely familiar and she found the right switch, turning the controls back to manual.

Taking a big breath and setting her hands on the steering device , An hour or so into the mission and we all die cause the youngest has to play hero, she laughed to herself and quickly glanced back towards the others. Harley's alarm not helping at all as she concentrated on what lay ahead. Quickly she eased their vessel out of the slow nose dive it had taken, she then pushed the breaking controls, pulled out another lever and typed in a command at the number pad. The turblence almost through her out of her seat but she didn't have time to buckle herself into the pilot harness. Naza chewed on her lip, pulling up as hard as she could and finally the ship made its progress. she then punched in another command, hoping she had gotten the landing cordinates right.

The ship tremebled as it hit the ground and slid across the dark barren wasteland, tearing apart the earth as the careened down a slight slope. Finally, it came to a stop...

-----

Naburu watched as the shabby-looking ship careened through the air. It looked shaky and rather like a ship in water as it bobbed up in down, but in the end it made it through the course. Whoever was piloting probably had no experience before, either that or the pilot was scared. Whatever the problem, the loud booms that came from the west didn't sound normal. A crash land, perhaps? What worried him most, however, was that the party from Ropa was to come from the west. Letting out the closest thing to a growl he could muster, he set off from his meeting point and dashed towards the crash site.

Minutes later, he arrived past the solitary mountain (part of a range) dividing the Brii territory to the rest of the world, and saw smoke stacks. However, he doubted the ship was on fire, and lo and behold.. as he rounded up the top of a tall hill, he could see the damaged ship crashed on the ground about a kilometer away. And, of course, the remains of a particularly fine Ropa tribe. This wouldn't make them happy.

"Fools," he muttered, but then he realized something. Humans hadn't come down to Earth for the past two-hundred years, and Naburu had been with the last soldiers to come down. Something had to be up, and he wanted to find out. A red beam erupted from his helmet, and started rapidly moving about the ship. Heat sensors were too sensitive for the ship, but he did detect forms of life. About four. He started to run towards the crash.

-----

Naza heard the weak voice from inside and pulled herself back into the ship. She wrinkled her nose at the familiar smell and paniced, Captain Harley's body layed slack in the harness, the book at her feet. She hastily pulled the straps from the man and he fell forward, the metal sticking conspicously from his back. She felt like puking and nearly did but her control won the fight. She heaved the man back up, teary eyed, and placed him on the bench. She shuttered with a sob and slid to the ground sitting in the blood that had pooled out. "This is all my fault," she whispered as her eyes filled with tears, she cursed at herself for not being able to land the ship right.

-----

Noah woke with a start. He had forgotten where he was, or what he was doing. Dazed, and vaguely aware of the pain in his forehead, Noah tied to look around. Yet his eyes were still foggy. Blinking a few times, he tried to clear his vison. Things came into focus, he was in a ship......Then it came back to him, the mission! But something wasn't right, they weren't moving, had they already landed? Then the scene before him unfolded, he saw a body laying unconcious on a blood soaked bench, a blood smeared floor, and Naza, sobbing over the said body.

Panic and adrenaline flushed through Noah's body and he quickly undid his harness; moving swiftly towards the body. It was Captain Harley. Pushing Naza aside he examined Harley. There was a large bloody hole near his heart, possibly puncturing a lung, Noah couldn't tell. Frantic, yet keeping his cool, Noah checked his pulse. Nothing. Checking various other things, Noah tried in vain to prove the Captain not dead, yet the tests didn't lie. Noah sighed and looked at his watch, which was crcked down the middle. The time read 5:46 AM. "Time of death, 5:46 AM, Sunday morning, age 37." he said with a cold voice.

Noah turned over to the still sobbing Naza and with the same cold and now harsh tone he asked, "What in God's name happened? And where is the Private?"

-----

"The alarm went off, the one Harley had set." She wiped her tears, smearing blood across her cheek. "And you guys didn't wake up," she sniffed. "Remembered my class on piloting and seeing as Private Brian couldn't land the ship I did." She sniffed again. "I'm sorry," she wailed. "this is all my fault, now we've lost one of our members and its all because of me." She broke down in sobs again. She lifted her arm to point outside, confirming on where the private was.

-----

Noah blinked, taken aback by his own harshness, he immediately he softened up a bit. "This isn't your fault Naza, you did the best you could, and it was your quick thinking that saved us." He looked down at the corpse of Captain Harley and sighed, "This is all my fault actually, if I hadn't slept through this whole emergency, maybe Captain Harley would've been spared."

Noah rubbed his forehead and closed his eyes, 'Great way to start off the mission Noah, a damaged ship crashing into unknown, and possibly hazardous terrain, and the leading officer dead. All they needed was for communication to be down too, and this would be the perfect nightmare!' He stood up and walked over to the armory and storage tank, hoping that the vessels automated control was still intact. Punching in the code to open it, he was relieved too see it open, revealing their protective suits, weapons and other various supplies, such as first aid and food.

Giving another sigh, Noah closed the door and turned to Naza, "Naza, I need to know what happened to the Private, I need to speak with the remaining crew, as I guess I'll be in charge until another one of my superiors is sent down to replace Harley. As he has been absent during this lovely little moment, would I be correct in assuming he was also lost during the landing, perhaps thrown out?" Noah tried not to seem sarcastic or cold, but these were desparate times, and he needed to regain some order.

-----

"No," she swallowed and wiiped away the remaining tears, forcing herself to stop just as she had done infront of Board. "One of our crew arrived late and was sent down in a solo vessel. He's outside conversing, Captain Harley's the only casualty." She chewed on her lip, her thoughts drawn to Arube, her rat. She pushed herself up and almost slipped, this time gfailing at keeping her stomach contained. She heaved up her lunch from the day before and whiped her mouth, feeling bad for Noah and that he had to put up with her.

-----

Noah heard the screams. He had stormed off to the armory tank earlier, angry that his crew would be stupid enough to venture outside the ship without suiting up first. After all, they were in uncharted terrian, and they knew nothing about the radiation levels of their current location. They could've landed in a nuclear fallout zone for Christ's sake! It was only after he had fully suited up in his protective medic specialized suit, and had been properly armed that he heard her: Naza screaming. Bursting from the sliding door to the armory and back inot the main deck, he saw it; a demented abomination, something that looked like a cross between fish and human. It was tall and covered in mechanical parts here and there, most likely to sustain it for above water living. Currently looming over a frozen Naza, Noah noticed it was armed with a low tech weapon. There were others in the main deck as well, The Private, currently pointing his own weapon at the monster, and another woman, who he could only guess was the replacement Captain. Immediatly Noah drew his Rapid Pistol and following the Privates example, pointed it at the beast.

"Freeze!" He said in the same harsh tone as he used earlier.

-----

Zaryan jumped back after the shot the ground a dagger in his hand, a low growl emanateing from him. He crouched lower to the ground the dagger hidden behind his arm but he complied he had his hands balled and placed behind his head the dagger still hidden, he just lowered his knees a bit till they touched the ground. All this timed he never took his eyes off of Brian the growl an ever constant sound. "you still didnt answer my second question" he said not moveing at all "and what are you?" he asked quietly more to himself then too Brian or the others.

-----

'The creature could speak English, interesting....', Noah thought to himself. Perhaps the creature had some intellegence. Wary, Noah kept his weapon steady.

"Creature, drop your weapon and exit the ship." said Noah, still in the same tone. "Do you understand me?"

-----

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked, a puff of smoke coming from his mouth.

"He'll be useful?" he asked, "It. It'll be a liability, it'd be better to kill it now." He cocked his gun, redundantly, however, because the Baretta was semi-automatic.

-----

"Yes i can understand all of you" Zaryan answered his eyes glanceing over at Noah and Kira. slowly he stood up opening his hand he let the dagger fall, causeing it to pirece the floor and stay there. "What are you I ask again" he asked louder this time walking tword the exit his eyes moveing across all of them his growl subsideing. As he walked he held his hands out his finger extended to show that there was no weapon in his hand 'i might want to add one to my hand' he thought as he walked backwards out of the ship stoping only when he was standing on dirt instead of the metal floor.

-----

Kira was intreeged.. She stepped in front of brian, so that he couldn't shoot the animal. " We are humans, from up there" she said pointing towards the sky. She stood at the opening, looking at him she supposed. " Now, What are you"

-----

"Human?...never heard of you but you come from above the clouds?" he said looking up as the clouds above them converged the sun being blocked out makeing it seem like night had suddenly come. reatching in to his vest he pull out the same shard he had used to seal his cheek. Flicking it over his shoulder it burst in to flames "are you the makers of this?" he asked pulling out a handful of component and holding it out to them "you might want to get some wood as well the crystals dont last long alone" he added looking over his shoulder the the fire behind him "oh and i'm an Aquariten my name is Zaryan Onenzu: Kolen zentwe ku" he said bowing just a bit

-----

Naza blinked, startled at the old technology. She recognized many of the outdated technology, she still kept the old stuff and tinkered around with it. She didn't know how to react to the introduction so she just said stiffly, "Naza Azrim...."

-----

Noah had been scouting the surrounding area for the past two hours. As far as he could tell, they were alone. But one troubling peice of evidence he found did concern him, as it suggested they hit something during the crash landing. Fifty meters back along the ship's skid mark he had found what tested to be blood, smeared all over the hard earth. Most curiously, there were no bodies, only a few fragments of metal. This troubled him most of all, as it suggested that whatever they hit was still alive, or that they were others who removed the bodies. Either way, he was sure they'd be angry.

Pushing a button on his helmet, his vision switched to scan mode. For what was probably the tenth time he rotated on the spot, scanning the surrounding area. Nothing. Still nothing. Nothing but a distant forest, a distant mountain range, and the ocean to his right, near the crash site and where his companions now were with the Zaryan creature.

Noah had stayed quiet for most of the interrogation of it, leaving the creature's fate to be decided by the others. They decided to let him live. Noah would've been worried leaving them alone with it, but the creature did seem docile, and he trusted Colonel Kira and Naza, and to a degree the trigger happy private.

Sweeping the area one more time, then taking one of the bloody metal peices for further study, Noah made his way back to camp.

-----

Noah entered their campsite to find a rather unhappy group. The two ladies were just staring absently into the fire, with Naza looking quite distressed. The Private was, unsurprisingly, smoking, and looking uneasily at the creature. The Creature itself however looked like it was enjoying itself, being the only one who didn't look totally down. It was looking over all of them, staring at their suits and weapons, and occasionally glancing over at the ship. Noah smiled, it reminded him of a curious child.

"Well aren't we a happy bunch!" he said, annoucing his presence. When none of them answered him, he gave an uneasy laugh and settled himself down beside Naza. He looked over at the Creature, who was now staring at him as well. Ignoring it, deciding he would talk to it later, he turned to Naza.

"You doing okay there Naza?" he said as he gave her a soft little nudge.

-----

Naza examined the black material stretched over her hands. "I've seen better days," she sighed, taking a sundden interest in the rocks beneath her feet, they crumbled under her touch, such delicate things, an oxymoron, Naza scoffed to herself. In truth Naza wanted to scream and run into the darkness surrounding them, wanting to escape and hide for a while but that didn't look like such an adult thing to do. She didn't want to be like her father, but she needed his courage at the moment because she had none for herself.

-----

Noah gave Naza a weak simle. "Look," He said as he put an arm around her "I know things aren't looking too great right now, but it'll get better. We just need to stay confident -" he looked at the rest of the team, "- okay everyone?".

Releasing Naza, he looked over at the Creature preparing to address it's questions, truthfully, unlike the Private. "Well Mister......Zaryan did you say your name was? These suits protect us from the harsh atmosphere of this planet. You see we came from above the clouds, and we haven't adapted to this enviremnet like you have." He paused for a second, trying to think of a better ay to explain it, and then continued with, "Think of these suits like the mechanical parts you wear. Would I be correct in assuming they allow you to stay above water?"

Noah paused to look at his fellows, as none of them answered he decided to carry on. "The noise originated from our ship," He pointed a thumb back at their damaged vessel, "It crashed into the surface as we landed, leaving one of our fellows regrettably dead."

"And as for others coming...............I really hope so."

-----

The entire Ropa camp had been destroyed. It was only an outpost, yes, but there were entire families there.. He believed the total count was two dozen Brii that were crushed by this vessel. The humans had, yet again, started a chain of events that would go on right under their noses. Chuckling, which turned out to be a sort of dull hum, he jumped up from behind the hill in which he was surveying and landed with a thunderous crash. His mechanical armor gave him a height at about two of the one who had a peculiar heat signature near his mouth for a while; he figured it had to have been a cigar or some type of smoking application. Naburu and his people had given that up long ago.

"Let's find out what they're up to," he muttered, and he jumped down the hill. Another dull blow erupted from the impact site (which was rather small considering his size), and he started at a run towards the ship. He kept his cannon on at a sort of standby mode; there were a series of safeties intended that even if he lost his temper, he wouldn't shoot.

-----

"Oka...." Zaruan trailed off his head turn slightly his eyes closed 'what is that?' feeling a tremor in the earth he then felt more his eyes snaped open his head jerking to the driction that Naburu was comeing form. "Something is comeing this way he said slowly pulling his bow out as well as an arrow, "something big" he added puting away his dagger croutching down. He opened his eyes as wide as they could go takeing in every thing he could, counting the tremors as they came closer drawing back his bow he waited for what ever it was to comeforth.

-----

Naza had taken the tremors as an earthquake but now that the creature was making such a fuss about it she noticed that each tremor was getting stronger and stronger. She jumped to her feet, disapearing into the ship for a moment and returning with both her weapons, the staff lengtheny as she came back out.

Noah felt it too, at first he thought it was an earthquake, remembering the description his breifing officer told him about before he accepted. But then seeing Zaryan point his weapon at an unknown object, he knew it must be something worse.

Un sheathing his Carbon Cannon from his back holster, he pointed it in the same direction and shouted to his teammates, "Everyone up and alert! We have a hostile in our presence!"

-----

Naburu Finch was enjoying himself. He knew that the tremors from his running were undoubtedly shaking up the encampment of humans. The creature with a metal covering it's body didn't seem to be of human origin, but he assumed that the reaction should have been only marginally different. Nevertheless, he was enjoying himself. He wanted to slow his run, but the momentum from running downhill and such a large object prevented him from doing so. Laughing at his best option, he jumped up in the air as high as he could and balled himself up as best as he could. When he hit the ground, he felt jarred and slightly disoriented, and he skidded about fifteen feet. His heat sensors indicated that he was as close to the humans as he could have wished. The one who had been walking about was about five feet away from Naburu.

I just love theatrics.

-----

Noah felt his knees buckle as the enormous humaniod machine came skidding right towards him. At first he felt like running, but he stood his ground, weapon at the ready. To his immense relief, the monstrousity came to a halt a few feet away from him.

Gathering up the hardest voice he could muster Noah coldly shouted at the machine, "Machine! Do not move! We are armed and will not hesitate to fire if necessary!"

-----

The two arms on the back of Naburu erupted first, grabbing onto the ground with little force. They spun like drills, going deeper into the ground, and then expanded like hooks. They pushed down, and as they were cemented by the force of the earth around them they were able to bring Naburu up. His two legs let out gratuitous amounts of steam and unraveled themselves; his arms were the same, and he was suddenly shrouded in a sort of white mist. His head-piece swiveled to the right and to the left very quickly, then cemented itself back onto the body. Finally, his singular red eye-piece exploded with crimson, and started to envelope the surrounding areas. Bathed in red, he was able to take in his surroundings. Two females, to males, and an Aquariten. Presumably male.

He didn't respond to the greeting by the Aquariten.

-----

Zaryan's eyes when wide then narrowed in to a glare. "You" he said quitely takeing a step back he had seen this race once when he was younger one was a corpse witch was where he got some of the components he carried and another time one had attacked his village this was the reason it was forbidden to touch the technology this was when he was just born. the stories had been passed down for years, his best friend's father was killed in that attack. He was suprised and angry, reaiming at it head but he did not fire, he would rather have it be a friend then an enemy.

-----

"I repeat, stay where you are or we will open fire! Deactivate any weapons you may have installed. Do you comply?", Noah's voice was loader and harsher this time. As far as he could tell, the machine was sizing them up. Noah became extremely nervous, the machine looked massively strong. And he new it must be very durable, seeing as it was surviving on the surface. He looked over at his team and Zaryan, seeing all of them looking apprehensive. Save, surprisingly, Zaryan, who looked nothing short of livid.

-----

Naburu let out a very metallic, jarring laugh. The human believed he had authority over Naburu. He had been twisted and rejected by the very humanity that they believed in so proudly. Holding out his cannon-arm and aiming at the one who's voice invaded his ears, Naburu suddenly realized that these weapons possibly had very little effect on him. The shotgun could potentially damage him, but the electrical weapons were his worst enemy. While they wouldn't shut him down, they could damage any random part with the surge, including the life support. Growling, he turned his weapon to the electrical weapon.

"I am Naburu Finch," he said, his voice going through several translations before landing on 'English'. "I am Brii, and I am here as an unofficial ambassador from my people," he announced. He thought quickly. "You humans, what do you want?"

-----

Noah couldn't believe his ears, a Brii? He had been lead to believe they were killed off by the government long before he was born, and yet here was one in front of his face, laughing, speaking. And it said it ws an ambassador, which ment there were more. Noah contemplated his options, it would be unwise to enagge the Brii in combat, as even if they managed to bring this one down, there were others. He decided it would be best to cooperate with the Brii, perhaps they could help.

Catious all the same, Noah lowered his weapon. Looking the Brii in the face he said, "Greetings Naburu, I am Lieutenant Atticus of the Eurosia Sky City. It's an honor to meet you, I had long though the Brii were...." Noah struggled for a better word than 'terminated' so he settled on, "....extict. We humans have come down to the surface in great need. We are a part of a squad sent down to the surface to locate a powerful source of energy that our scanners detected. We would be eternally greatful if you would lend us you assitance."

-----

"We are explorers," Naza called open, fighting back the terror that rose up in her when the machine's gun pointed at her. "We are looking for an energy source that has come across our scanners." The brii...the name struck familiar, they had learned about them in history, during her youth years before highschool and then Captain Harley's notebook. She chewed on her lip and spoke again, "We don't mean any harm, even if we have caused them," her knees were shaking now, her fear quite aparent.

-----

"We most likely already know a bit about each other" Zaryan said standing to his full hight again, puting his bow away "i've heard about your race and i know how to kill it" he said looking at the Brii, his eye's reflecting hatetred in there black depths. "its odd really that one of your kind came under water and kill my people and becuse of your people i was forced up here" he said shakeing his head. "I'm not sure if i can trust you but for now i will stand you, i have to thank you i got a grand idea from meeting you today" Zaryan said turnig around a small laugh escapeing his lips "more and more i become like you" he said before walking off to the fire forceing his mind on the project he had planed for his right arm he was about to get his missing finger back and a lot more.

-----

Naburu was torn between laughter and outrage. The mighty humans, coming down needing help. A powerful energy source.. perhaps it was the large vats of nuclear power stirring in the Amerikana homeland? Of course, there were many other alternatives, and he thought of at least three vast deposits of rapidly-forming natural gas. The nuclear war altered Earth's structure significantly, he new that they were finding more coal all the while.. Of course, the largest source of energy they knew of was what they called the 'Grand Nuclear'.

"Lieutenant Atticus, and.. 'explorer', you have no business here. You have already caused death among our people. Did you know the twenty-four souls that were crushed by your damn machine? Do you know the leaders, smiths and engineers, the mothers and children that have lost fathers and leaders? You have already caused untold damage, and by helping you, I will be aiding those who have killed the Brii, whether they are a different tribe or not," he said, and he stomped his foot in anger. "And if I do help you, the Ropa will most certainly notice that I was here and aided you.. think of the war that will follow. Just by arriving on the surface, you have created chaos far beyond your control!" He snorted with rage and fired his cannon at the ship, whipping past the metal shell and illuminating the hole that it made. Green light flared out into the sky.

"And you come here looking for help? You hated us.." His cannon let out a whirr, slimmed down, and he pointed it at the head of the 'explorer' woman. "I cannot, however, just leave you here.. That would be immoral and it would most certainly not please Gani," he said, internally torn. He let out a dull sound and looked at the Aquariten. "Of course, there's an Aquariten.." Naburu Finch grinned. "I haven't seen one of you in a hundred and ten years, and that was before the raids. That is Brii technology you carry on you," he said, and his red eye lit up even more. "Woman," he called out to Naza, "what is your name?"

-----

Naza was completely torn yet again. She had been the one who landed the ship, she wanted to fall to her knees in tears and hope that this mercyful creature would just kill her. She shook the thought from her and forced herself from shaking.

That macihne's direction towards her made her loose her breathe suddenly and she had to force the words through her lips. "Naza Azrim," She chewed her lip and added, "I am very, very sorry for the tribe. If I could do anything to help I would." She felt absolutely horrible for landing the ship on those poor people.

-----

Three loud bangs rung clearly through the air as tiny holes appeared just in front of Naburu, leaving only trails of smoke to rise into the air. The super-heated plasma cut cleanly through the irradiated soil, although the shots were only warnings just when the slim figure of a man appeared from inside the ship that the Brii had just fired upon. Thinner than any human being, the figure stood a full two heads taller than the average man, as well, and showed no signs of fear or regret of what he had done.

"Disarm yourself and this may end peacefully." A cracked, yet raspy and deep voice shouted, echoing through the clearing as Kale stepped from the ship, assault rifle already in his hands as he stepped out from under the shadow of the ship, making himself visible to everyone, his rifle raised at the Brii, but without any need to firmly hold it, fully able to keep its recoil under control.

"Comply with the order, Brii, and I won't be forced to open fire." Kale yelled at the machine, his eyes already scanning the mechanical beast for any signs of weakness, leaving him with only a hope that firing upon the machine may, at least, slow it down. Pure military to the end, he realized that he might have been outgunned, by the analysis of the machine telling him that it was very well armed and extremely dangerous, but he also knew that he was more agile, and possibly physically stronger, if the fight came down to that.

Although by the sound of the conversation within the situation, he might have thought twice about what he said, but truthfully, he was given strict orders and told to regard no one's life worth that of someone from the research team, even though leaving a man behind from his own squad was against almost every code and law he swore to uphold. His orders took precedence which left him with no regrets if one of the others were to die; only his own survival and the results of the research took top priority on his list of important factors within the mission.

-----

Three loud bangs disrupted his attention from Naza, and he swiveled around; there was a humanoid figure standing there, holding a rifle. The rifle looked superheated; indeed, his thermal sensors picked up a horribly bright yellow that explained to him the danger of the weapon. Naburu's eye quickly scanned the newcomer, and a harsh laugh rang out. He was much larger than this thing, and the exposed wiring was exceptionally foolish. Naburu supposed he could at least match this being in physical strength, but he knew that his size prevented him from being as agile. For all he knew, however, his armory more than made up for that. However, he didn't want to pick a fight with this.. thing. He doubted his own strength for a moment, but then flicked his right wrist up. A shotgun rose out of his right arm, slid up, and took position at his fingers.

"Disarm? Disarm?" He let out another laugh. "I think not, that would be tantamount to suicide. You come here and kill my people, then ask for help and want me to disarm? You are not Gani," he replied, and he looked over the humanoid once again. "You are, or were, human at one point, no?" He asked. "Of course, I haven't seen human technology in almost two hundred years.." He said, now talking to himself. Naburu was more intrigued than threatened. If necessary, he would fight to the death against this being.

"If you will fire upon me, then fire. You will not like the outcome," he said, pointing the shotgun clearly towards the frightened Naza and keeping his now humming cannon pointed at Kale. A scream of utmost pain disgruntled his sensors, but he dared not look back.

---

Lifting the rifle to his shoulder, Kale's eyes were enough for him to lock onto the shotgun attachment that was now pointed at Naza. He, too, visibly took his attention away from the pained echo, although he did take note of it and thought it was worth checking upon,if nothing else than research purposes. "She is expendable. We came here for simple research and that takes precedence over their very lives. So as long as the data we are to collect reaches the research and development department of the military I serve, even I am expendable. Your calculations for success are rather slim, being in a position where you are outnumbered three to one, without the assistance of the defense artilery of the transport ship." Exlplaining the situation that the Brii was in, he appeared more powerful, although this was a mere illusion while the real power lay in his rifle, which he hoped would be enough to penetrate the machine's outter shell. He didn't have too much to worry about, though, since the machine before him, in the least, appeared out-dated compared to his modifications.

"Now comply and lower your weapons." Kale said in a final stretch of resigned anger. He had no real reason to fight with the denizen of the surface world, but if that machine was going to compromise his mission, he had no choice but to destroy it. He thought he would be able to at least take it out of commision for the time being until he could disarm it, but the only real hope he could hang onto was that he wouldn't be crushed by the sheer size of the Brii.

-----

"Outnumbered three-to-one? If I may say, you're the only threat here," he said, a dull and rolling laugh filling the air around him. "And I doubt either of us are strong enough to make it out unscathed. By the time we finish, I highly doubt this 'mission' will be able to reach back into the clouds in the sky," he said, and he was suddenly very angry. "No life is expendable! All life is sacred, all life Gani gave a purpose, and all life I shall keep unless needed. Unfortunately, you seem to have it in your wiring that lives are expendable.." Naburu twitched the shotgun to the left and fired, the irradiated bullets leaving trails of green.

"I will not lower my weapons, and I will not disarm myself. I want an explanation," he uttered out, his voice calming down ever so slightly. "The machine says 'research', the humans say for 'energy', and the Aquariten seems to have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. All of this combined is two dozen dead Brii. By our laws, you should all, and twenty-more replacements should be systematically slaughtered," Naburu said, and his cannon slimmed even more, now letting out a high whistle.

"Try me, robot. You will find that I am not easily conquered."

-----

Kale didn't even flinch slightly as the machine discharged the shotgun. Instead, he suddenly turned his attention, and his rifle, to the cannon that was pointed directly at him. With his heightened visual sensors, he targeted the small photon generator that charged the cannon attached to the machine's arm, combined with his steady hand and his emotionless silence, he discharged the rifle twice, the small beams of light that cut through the thick air simply entered into the arm cannon, one of the plasma shots nearly melting through the cannon's inner cycling engine, a vital part of the functioning cannon, while the other missed his intentional target by mere millimeters, but easy bore through the side of the photon generator, severing its fuel line and cutting deep into the arm, but quickly colled as it passed into the metal shaft tha helped cool the generator. The mixture of the ruptured generator, severed fuel line and clogged cooling shaft could have shut down te cannon's main functioning abilities, but even this technology was ancient to him, leaving him in the dark of what he had actually done, only hoping for the best. "You left me with no alternative choice, Brii."

-----

Naburu felt a ripple of disbelief. This thing had fired upon him. Not only that, but it had attempted to disarm his main weapon. Of course, he would be unable to fire any more shots, but the one he had now was still ready to be fired. Naburu would have to use his one shot wisely. He didn't want to kill anyone, but inside of his head he knew that he had to fire somehow. His tribe would easily help him fix it, but until then, he just needed to get out of here. However, he played it cool. He was a soldier for years, he could handle this.

The Aquariten certainly did not help. The electricity, he knew its power. It wasn't enough to kill him, but certainly enough to shut down most everything he had. That wasn't good. He swirled his cannon around to face Zaryan, and his shotgun swiveled towards Kane. A low hum suddenly filled the air, almost enveloping the sounds of everthing else.

"You really think I'm going to leave without explanations either? We both want answers, so let's work this out. You put your weapon down, and I don't turn you into nuclear dust," he threatened.

-----

Naburu felt a ripple of disbelief. This thing had fired upon him. Not only that, but it had attempted to disarm his main weapon. Of course, he would be unable to fire any more shots, but the one he had now was still ready to be fired. Naburu would have to use his one shot wisely. He didn't want to kill anyone, but inside of his head he knew that he had to fire somehow. His tribe would easily help him fix it, but until then, he just needed to get out of here. However, he played it cool. He was a soldier for years, he could handle this.

The Aquariten certainly did not help. The electricity, he knew its power. It wasn't enough to kill him, but certainly enough to shut down most everything he had. That wasn't good. He swirled his cannon around to face Zaryan, and his shotgun swiveled towards Kane. A low hum suddenly filled the air, almost enveloping the sounds of everthing else.

"You really think I'm going to leave without explanations either? We both want answers, so let's work this out. You put your weapon down, and I don't turn you into nuclear dust," he threatened.

-----

Kale looked at Noah and Naza with a blank stare, although inside he felt a ping of contempt toward them, but the moment that he saw the electrical discharge on the ground, he quickly turned his attention to the Aquariten. A strange species of which he had never before encountered, but at its threat, he lowered the rifle from his shoulder to keep it tightly in his grip but aimed directly at the ground, sitting in his hands at an angle that boasted his prowess as a tactical soldier of war.

"Lieutenant." He said harshly, turning to face Noah. He stood with his legs separated slightly for a better field advantage should he be attacked again, although he somehow knew that he wouldn't have too much to worry about. The Aquariten posed a significant threat to his overall functions, although much less to his survival than the Brii did. With his attention turned to his own sqaud, he left himself open, but ready, for any attack, although somehow he doubted that the Brii would continue with the fight unless it really desired to be crippled even further, seeing as how easily he had disabled its primary cannon, at least for the time being.

-----

"Something tells me that any peaceful negotiations wil end in another death. It seems like justice for them is an eye for an eye..." Noah trailed off, not sure if his proposal would even phase the Brii. He had said earlier that they would want equal blood spilled by humans that was spilled by the killed. Noah hoped that he could convice them otherwise, something more resonanble, sparing innocent lives. He wouldn't let any harm come to his team, not Naza, who Noah knew was somewhat responsible too. But Noah wouldn't let her die, not if he could help it.

He smiled as his Commander lowered his weapon, and did the same when Zaryan did also. "Thank you, both of you...Hopefully we can get this sorted out....Hopefully with reason." Noah looked up at Naburu, it was all up to him now. His next move would determine what course of action they would take.

As Sarah returned back to the normal world of the present, Qin quickly spoke. "The second half I must still conjure from within broken memory banks. This is all I can give you."

Entering back into her previous state of mind, Sarah took a deep breath as if she had just broke her head out of the water after nearly drowning in the annals of the robot's memory bank. Gasping for air, Sarah looked down at the machine turret for a moment and tried to balance herself again, the images of Earth had frightened her to no end. The desolation and what humanity and the other creatures that she had seen had become was reprehensible and if the future could be effected in anyway possible, it had to start now. Near instantly, for the nightmare of Qin's memory was almost too much for her to bear.

"Qin. I...I don't know what to say." Sarah looked back up at the green orb as it began to lose its brightness to return to the same dimness as before the story and before sending her into the future as a witness. "That's what the future is going to be like?" She sighed. "Please tell me that it can be changed and if N-17 is part of that future that this needs to be stopped before more damage can be done. Humanity is bad enough, but I don't think that this planet can be saved with that much conflict in the world.

Her eyes widened. "You wouldn't tell me such things if you didn't think that I was the one to do such a thing. But..." She closed her eyes as the onyx blade slid from her hand. "N-17 is too powerful for me. The Brii alone by your telling of the future, they are near invincible to humans then, let alone now in the past. I have this." She looked at the blade. "And the gift is more than I could have asked for. But how am I supposed to save him with this alone?"

Her eyes widened. "You wouldn't tell me such things if you didn't think that I was the one to do such a thing. But..." She closed her eyes as the onyx blade slid from her hand. "N-17 is too powerful for me. The Brii alone by your telling of the future, they are near invincible to humans then, let alone now in the past. I have this." She looked at the blade. "And the gift is more than I could have asked for. But how am I supposed to save him with this alone?"

"You might have realized that he has grown exponentially in size since we last saw each other. I must say he has been improved.. perhaps I am wrong in that he is acting alone - I believe this is the work of another person. Nonetheless, you must be able to fight him when the time comes. Humanity cannot afford to die." The orb spun around Sarah, a light examining every inch of her body. Every part of her was scrutinized and measured on the inside of the orb, and the monstrosity that Qin was began to hum again. "Do not feel embarrassed, child, by what happens next. I am no longer a man - this is for your continued life."

A moment after he spoke those words, the orb emitted a ray of light that pierced her clothing. Each layer was peeled off instantly with only a little bit of steam to show for it. It was still dark save for the piercing white light, illuminating her body as she tried to cover herself up as it quickly steamed over parts of her body she'd rather not reveal to anyone. Even in the safety of the cave and in the presence of a kindly, benevolent robot, she felt the need to cover herself up. Low chuckling emanated from Qin when she finally stood there completely naked in front of him.

"Do not be afraid or ashamed. I have crafted something for you, dear child. Hurry, while it is still able to be used." She walked forward quickly, her hands pressed tightly to her body, her mind running through countless scenarios in which she would have preferred to stay clothed. A small hatch on the side of one of Qin's half-buried turrets opened up, and she quickly stepped in, the hatch closing behind her. Soft blue light guided the way, the halls almost like a submarine

"I was the carrier. Humans were meant to live inside of me, to study the Earth below. Seven of them, all of whom died in the rip. They were all asleep - their remains preserved. Do not pry open any doors. What you see will frighten you." She heeded his words but didn't need them to motivate her - she was slightly creeped out already. The blue lights finally stopped a room with steam coming from beneath the door. She pressed her hand to a button on the wall, quickly opening it up. Steam enveloped her body, but did more than that - it drew her in. It grabbed her hair, her waist, her feet, and forced her into the room.

"Do not be afraid."

Her nerves suddenly shut down. She was incapable of movement, smell, hearing, pain, anything - the only thing keeping her alive was the robot and his life support systems. Her brain was functioning at minimal capacity - all she could do was watch. She was now paralyzed. Fear ran through her like a small child in captivity: imagination running wild, no chance of escape, the worst of horrors able to be done at a whim. Qin couldn't talk to her, to calm her down. She wasn't trained for this! But Qin continued anyway, knowing that this was her only chance.

Slowly, feeling came back as her body was put on a table. She could feel again, move her fingers and toes - but nothing more. She felt as a liquid substance was poured over her body, feet first, and quickly solidified. A liquid suit was being poured over her, settling over her body with perfect accuracy. Every part of her body was now covered tightly in skin-tight, light blue material that came up to her neck. Her body was flipped over and the same process repeated from behind. After a minute or so, she was flipped back right-side up, her hair blown from her eyes with a little puff of air.

Next came the pieces of armor. Different little probes came from the wall and scurried over her body, each of them about two or three inches in length. All four of them crawled over her form, little beams of light pouring into places like her knees and elbows, consciously avoiding more private areas. After about ten minutes of relentless measuring, the probes jumped off, steam-jumped into the wall. The robot rumbled again.

Suddenly, a human-sized suit dropped slowly from the ceiling above her. Moving down slowly, inch by inch, steam erupted from the walls again and coated Sarah with a thin layer of water. It quickly cooled when touching her blue suit and settled onto her. After a minute, the suit of armor settled over her upper body and latched in to the table. The process repeated itself with her legs, and she could feel the vibrations from the floor as armor came from behind and locked in with the front pieces. An icy sensation ran across her entire body, penetrating her to the spine - and finally the unexpected darkness from a helmet enveloped her.

"Open your eyes."

As she opened her eyes, Sarah saw exactly what she did before - at least this time with some sort of interface. There were a few small numbers at the right side of her vision - temperature and condition explaining her body. Strangely enough, it didn't take a long time to read all the information nor to decipher the code: it came naturally. She could move her body again. The restraints on the table let up, and Qin spoke once more.

"Sarah, this is my gift."

Sarah could barely recall what had just transpired over the past five minutes. She had been stripped naked by the robot, thrown into an abandoned carrier with the smell of dead, decaying bodies coming from the closed doors and then when things could not get anymore more stranger, she had lost all feeling in her body and was at the complete mercy of the robot controlling everything that went on around her. After all, she was inside of him now. Everything that had happened on the table had been a blur, Sarah could feel things being encased over her body, a covering at first, and then something much heavier. But she was to tired to open her eyes, still too weak, still under Qin's control.

"Open your eyes."

Her strength and energy suddenly returned to her as her eyes fluttered open and the darkness appeared in a strange green hue. As the room around her began to come into focus, a room of mechanical tubes and Qin's inner mechanical organs, slowly small flashing lights appeared on the inside of the helmet's visor. She saw an icon of her own body, written in small print Finnish, it gave her a quick detail of her current bodily functions, temperature, and even the internal status of her being, all signs which pointed to healthy. Scanning her eyes across the room, the sensors locked onto various other abnormalities in the room, such as many of the mechanical arms still hovering in the air from when they attached the armor to Sarah's person.

The steam began to clear from the table as the new being started to rise off of the metal surface. Sarah looked down at her torso and her legs, and then bringing her hands and fingers up to feel the entirety of the power suit out. She could move her fingers with ease, as well as all other extremities of her body. The suit was indeed, flexible as she placed her feet down on the metal floor as steam escaped from the vents. Sarah looked down further, a light green glow seemed to be shining through the small inner wires of the armor, while she stood tall in the yellow suit. With her left hand free, her right hand had been replaced with a small cannon, which at first she nearly jumped back in horror that her right hand may have been entirely replaced. But this was not the case, as she could feel her right fingers grasping on the trigger of the cannon.

Closing her eyes, she found that the onyx shard that was still embedded in her arm could still pierce through a small opening in the suit and upon further experimentation, she found that the armor was not heavy enough to keep her constricted on the ground. Smiling inside the helmet, her fingers slid off the trigger as a piercing sound followed as the cannon charged and let loose a stream of green light blasting into a nearby wall.

Sarah jumped back in surprise at the blast and put her hands up into the air.

"Qin! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to I swear!" She ran over to the blast and found that it had barely dented the mechanical wall. "I'm sorry. But, this suit. This is amazing. I have to say I was a little scared for a moment, but this is more than I could have ever asked for." She walked out of the room and back through the carrier to the outside where she came face to face with the green orb again. "I promise, I will save your brother and I won't rest until he is either defeated and humanity is safe or he is rescued from what ever is control his mind." Sarah took off her helmet and brought up her cannon across her chest in salute. "I promise."

samus_aran_by_transfuse.jpg