The King is dead!

Lynneth

Bayrische Nachrichtenagentur (bna; Bavarian News Agency)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, a tragedy has happened today.

Our beloved King, Maximilian the Third, became the victim of a sudden and unexpected stroke, dying a mere minute before the ambulance arrived at his residence in Neuschwanstein Castle.

Thus, his dynasty ends even before it has begun, as Maximilian III. left, according to official records, neither children nor a wife, so that a successor cannot be named unless an heir is found.

A Regency council already was formed to determine the regent of Bavaria until a time where an heir can be named, with its head being Lord Havelock Vetinari, , a supporter of the King's rightful rule, but less so his policies.

The ceremony to bury King Maximilian III. will be in 14 days.

In the meantime, Lord Vetinari and the other Lords will answer any questions that may occur."

Greater Croatia has declared 7 days of National mourning in honor of the King. If welcome the Empress will attend the ceremony.

"Any national leader wishing to attend the ceremony may do so, though we ask that a maximum of one honour guard is brought."

"Any national leader wishing to attend the ceremony may do so, though we ask that a maximum of one honour guard is brought."

There will be no guard, we trust the Bavarians to be capable of handling Security issues themselves.

I send my condolences for your great loss. If my schedule permits, I will be honored to attend. However, as to the honor guard issue, I will not be able to bring anymore than a Swiss Guard, as that and agents in black suits are the only form of security I have. Your country will be in the Church's prayers.

Regards,

JPIII

There will be no guard, we trust the Bavarians to be capable of handling Security issues themselves.

"Security will be provided by the Kommando Spezialkräfte, or KSK, an elite police force in Bavaria."

We offer our condolences to the King's family and friends, and the Kingdom of Bavaria as a whole. :(

We have declared three days of national mourning.

"Zargathia wishes to offer its condolences to the relatives of Maximilian the Third and the people of Bavaria as a whole for their loss."
Prussia offers their condolences to the Bavarian people and wishes the nation well.

*Meanwhile*

The Prussian honor guard has been ordered to wear their black uniforms for 7 days.

Austervania offers its' condolences, and the flags in Austervania have been asked to be flown at half mast.
I send my condolences for your great loss. If my schedule permits, I will be honored to attend. However, as to the honor guard issue, I will not be able to bring anymore than a Swiss Guard, as that and agents in black suits are the only form of security I have. Your country will be in the Church's prayers.

Regards,

JPIII

"We thank all of you very much for the condolences."

OOC: KChris, I wrote 'Maximum', not 'Minimum', so no more than 1 Honour guard, is permitted, but 0 are allowed, too. lol.

IC:

Bayrische Nachrichtenagentur (bna; Bavarian News Agency)

"This just in;

A speaker of the Regency Council said that the honourable Lord Havelock Vetinari will be appointed as Regent, giving him, for the time being, power equal to that of our late King."

1246560672966.jpg

"Lord Vetinari will answer questions, should you have any."

Sarah stared down at the funeral invitation with an emotionless look on her face. "Pay homage to the king that refused to send this country help when we needed it the most." She chuckled sarcastically, but a man was nevertheless dead. A man who had during his short time as King of Bavaria had helped make her dream of a diverse, yet peaceful Europe a reality and it cause great sadness in her heart, deep down to see him leave once she thought about it. In addition to her paying her respects to Maximilian, she also wanted to meet the man, this Vetinari who was now the de-facto ruler of one of the most powerful countries on Earth.

"Vikram!" She called out to the hallway outside of her quarters. The Chamberlain ran in and bowed.

"Yes Your Ladyship?"

"If you could please send the Bavarian embassy that I will be attending the funeral for King Maximilian, I will be bringing one Lillian guard and then explain that Hanseatic flags will be flown at half mast in honor of him. Also if you could put in there, Post Script, that I would like to talk with Regent Vetinari privately after the funeral, if it could be arranged."

"Of course Lady Sarah. Right away."

She smiled and leaned back on her chair, closing her eyes she clasped her hands together. "Maximilian, if you can here me. We've had our differences, but I want to thank you for everything you have done for Europe." Sarah looked out the window to the sky. "We shall see each other again someday."

OOC:

1. That new leader looks evil, with a capital...EVIL.

IC:

The Republic of Mariehamm offers it's condolences.

Hae Da Fung will hold a 7-day mourning period. The military not in the feild is encouraged to wear their black BDUs.

"Our thanks go to Mariehamm and Hae Da Fung."

Sarah stared down at the funeral invitation with an emotionless look on her face. "Pay homage to the king that refused to send this country help when we needed it the most." She chuckled sarcastically, but a man was nevertheless dead. A man who had during his short time as King of Bavaria had helped make her dream of a diverse, yet peaceful Europe a reality and it cause great sadness in her heart, deep down to see him leave once she thought about it. In addition to her paying her respects to Maximilian, she also wanted to meet the man, this Vetinari who was now the de-facto ruler of one of the most powerful countries on Earth.

"Vikram!" She called out to the hallway outside of her quarters. The Chamberlain ran in and bowed.

"Yes Your Ladyship?"

"If you could please send the Bavarian embassy that I will be attending the funeral for King Maximilian, I will be bringing one Lillian guard and then explain that Hanseatic flags will be flown at half mast in honor of him. Also if you could put in there, Post Script, that I would like to talk with Regent Vetinari privately after the funeral, if it could be arranged."

"Of course Lady Sarah. Right away."

She smiled and leaned back on her chair, closing her eyes she clasped her hands together. "Maximilian, if you can here me. We've had our differences, but I want to thank you for everything you have done for Europe." Sarah looked out the window to the sky. "We shall see each other again someday."

*In the Regent's office*

Having read the letter minutes after its delivery, Vetinari smiled and began writing a response to Miss Tintagyl with classic feather and ink, making the letter lok especially personal.

Dear Lady Tintagyl,

While I do know that your relation with King Maximilian [He made sure that the omission of the 'III.' was obvious and looked deliberate] was not the best, I do appreciate that you will nonetheless honour him for the deeds he has done here in Europe and attend his funeral.

Regarding the post scriptum, I would gladly meet you after the funeral. Perhaps we can establish good relations already, or at least better ones than previously.

Regards,

Lord Havelock Vetinari

"The Empire sends its condolences on the loss of the King. May the new head of state live long and prosper."

"Lord Vetinari, would you care to highlight your plans for the next 100 days of your reign?"

"Thank you.

Regarding the question...I will adhere to the motto of my family, which I mentioned earlier.

Things that I deem fine will stay as they are, while things that I deem broken will be fixed. What is to be fixed and what is to stay has yet to be determined."