A Follow-Up Announcement by the GDI

GDIFlag.jpg

An Official Statement from the Global Defence Initiative

I come today with news that is not humiliating, embarrassing, or degrading as most would think, but with news that is necessary and assumes ownership and responsibilities for actions when they are due.

On Tuesday July 7 as many already know, Vilien (Leader of The Moralist Front) approached me with the offer of a potential merger into his developing alliance. For various reasons, including the lack of establishment and membership, I refused. Vilien then progressed into a matter of seemingly hostile remarks, and that's when the ice-breaking point of our conflict lies: a fight-or-flight reaction. As many will know when conducting a small alliance, taking a hit is more signifigant than when in a large alliance. Logistics, supplies, members, and other resources are much more limited, and quick decisions need to be made in order to ensure the safety of the alliance. Therefore, I saw what was considered as a possible threat, and sent the resources in to (seemingly) appropriately neutralize a potential threat that could cause anarchy and overnight damages on innocent and unprepared nations. I will restate the main part of this carefully: The Moralist Front came off seeming as a hostile threat, and we simply took appropriate actions to ensure the safety of our member nations, as per the absolute main purpose of our alliance.

Upon later delegations, we discovered that Vilien had no intentions of direct hostile conflict. This may be false, but I extend a benefit of the doubt to take his word for it. Mediation was used to attempt to solve our problems, but terms that were discussed involved demoralising the alliance, or even arguebly tarnishing our flag. For obvious reasons, our alliance is patriotic and sticks to its words. It's the bond that makes us strong, despite what others may consider of us. It's our unity that keeps us as one, and keeps our morale high in the darkest of times. Therefore, we were not about to accept anything that would tarnish our pride.

As of right now, we have stuck to our original purpose of obtaining a peaceful resolution to this conflict, and establishing friendly relations to prevent further conflict. In order to do so, there are two things that need to be in order:

1. The GDI (particularly myself) apologise to the TMF for preemtpive direct hostilities. Simply and to the point, both parties understand our points of view and accept what has occured.

2. In order for there to be peace, any wars must first end. The GDI has decided to accept an unconditional surrender to the TMF...not for the reason of force, but for our lack of will to continue an unfair and overall unacceptable conflict, and our continual will to see peaceful resolutions and friendships between our two parties. In other words, we are simply standing down and do not wish to further engage in unnecessary conflict that can otherwise be turned into peaceful relations.

On a final note, I wish to apologise to all of our allies, and anyone who stands by us. Today/yesterday may have seemed to be a sense of negativity, but it was a matter of faulty directives and a mistake in assumption. We wished not to engage in offensive conflict, but to defend ourselves from the possibility of it. Now that the issue has passed, we are working towards peace. I'll be in touch everyone to clear things up. ;)

Also, putting this in because I have to put it in the exact context: "GDI hereby surrenders unconditionally to the Moralist Front."

Sincerely,

Ryan (Supreme Commander of the Global Defence Initiative)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as RyanGDI and the Global Defense Initiative have demonstrated a willingness to apologize for and move beyond their transgressions, the Moralist Front is willing to accept their unconditional surrender. Hostilities will be ceased between all TMF and GDI parties. I would like to thank everyone who assisted TMF in reaching this point, and I would also like to thank RyanGDI for remaining cordial during negotiations. No reparations were asked for, nor are they required.

We remain Unbent, Unbowed, and Unbroken.

Hail the Moralist Front!

Signed,

Vilien

Seeing as RyanGDI and the Global Defense Initiative have demonstrated a willingness to apologize for and move beyond their transgressions, the Moralist Front is willing to accept their unconditional surrender. Hostilities will be ceased between all TMF and GDI parties. I would like to thank everyone who assisted TMF in reaching this point, and I would also like to thank RyanGDI for remaining cordial during negotiations. No reparations were asked for, nor are they required.

We remain Unbent, Unbowed, and Unbroken.

Hail the Moralist Front!

Signed,

Vilien

There should have been an article 10 like there was in the Echelon terms

Unsurprising. I think this is wonderful, RyanGDI admitting that he actually lost and wasn't "having a bad week"

This was a good surrender announcement.

BTA, I hope you took notes for when you make your own.

Don't try to make this about you.

Edited by Rey the Great

I come today with news that is not humiliating, embarrassing, or degrading as most would think, but with news that is necessary and assumes ownership and responsibilities for actions when they are due.

that's only because we've come to expect the humiliating, embarrassing, and degrading from you.

'Grats TMF, not like we didn't all know Ryan would back down after realizing that the world still wants to see him hurt.

another let down...

The GDI has decided to accept an unconditional surrender to the TMF

Also, putting this in because I have to put it in the exact context: "GDI hereby surrenders unconditionally to the Moralist Front."

This is hilarious. TMF o/

You surrendered to an inferior force....what will you do when someone superior comes along?

He surrendered to a rogue nation that was quitting the game. Bear in mind, the nation in question wasn't going rogue on him. Ryan just tried raiding him after he declared on a bunch of other people. Then surrendered to terms including switching to a POW AA.