Why I am a Pacifican

Bartley

Why I am a Pacifican

My name is Bartley. My nation is iPodistan. I had been in CN for roughly a year and in the New Pacific Order for nearly as long.

When I first began, my nation was small, and I was only dabbling in the game to pass time. I did not have much time, so CN was perfect for someone who did not want to devote tons of time or money to a game (such as World of Warcraft. Good lord, I hate that game). Over time, I was recruited to join an alliance, where I continued in my apathetic and gleeful growth of my tiny little nation. However, the Pacifican way piqued my interest. There was more than just growing and buying things to build your nation: there was diplomacy, international intrigue, histories of history, political debates, military stuff I'm probably not supposed to mention...

Whoa.

Suddenly the nation building aspect became just a page of statistics and the real game of Cyber Nations opened up. I started talking to other people, who showed me the ropes and taught me all sorts of interesting things.

The Karma War broke out while I was still relatively new, so I did not have very far to fall. I do not know why Karma attacked beyond the "truths" and "facts" I read on forums and do not fully comprehend the history or the causes of such animosity against the New Pacific Order. Nearly the entirety of the New Pacific Order has been hit and many have lost much more than myself. Yet they are still here. It became even more evident that it did not matter what "truth" was being pushed around or whatever propaganda was being thrown around. I realized what 'truthiness' is written in the histories will not matter, either.

My name is Bartley. My nation is iPodistan. None of that is real, but the personal experience with other people in my alliance is real. The fantastic and diverse group of people who share the same alliance are real. And they are still here.

And there is no clearer truth than that.

Edited by Bartley

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would not think of the people you call friends the same way if you read the history of what they have done. Go to the wiki, read the articles, and then come back and say if you can really call your government and alliance mates, "friends"

Regardless of what the NPO has done, and regardless of the fact that he said he's been in the order for almost a year, but had just joined when the Karma war broke out, this was uncalled for King Death. Friends are friends not because of what they've done to others, but because what they've done for you. You stick with friends through the best of times and the worse of times, no matter what happens or has happened. Because it's just what friends do.

I don't often agree with NPO. I think that's something most people who know me would know about me. I'm one of the people who's been calling them out the last couple of days and agree with these terms. However everything in this OP makes sense to me, or at least the aspects of friendship. Congratulations Bartley, it's not often that I applaud an NPOer.

Interesting. So long as your personality fits with those in Pacifica, I wish you good luck. You are right to view your nation only as a collection of statistics and not worry about it overly much in the long term. However be careful of having too much fun in the NPO. Long term grudges ending in banishment have been known to happen in response to that.

Interesting. So long as your personality fits with those in Pacifica, I wish you good luck. You are right to view your nation only as a collection of statistics and not worry about it overly much in the long term. However be careful of having too much fun in the NPO. Long term grudges ending in banishment have been known to happen in response to that.

Don't spill on your flag either :awesome:

Thanks so much for sharing this with us ...*me checks the name*... 'Bartley'. I am very happy that you enjoy the basic level of camaraderie that comes with being in any functioning alliance, and I hope you and your friends continue to stick around for a long time to come.

I do not know why Karma attacked beyond the "truths" and "facts" I read on forums and do not fully comprehend the history or the causes of such animosity against the New Pacific Order.

Thank you Bartley for taking the time to write this up, and it's a true reflection of how most of those active on the OWF got to where they are (replace NPO with any alliance and go from there). That being said, I must take issue with this small bit, as insignificant as it might be to the point of your post.

Karma didn't attack the NPO - the NPO attacked OV during peace negotiations and those who were allied to OV fought back. This was an aggressive war by NPO, not the other way around.

Thank you Bartley for taking the time to write this up, and it's a true reflection of how most of those active on the OWF got to where they are (replace NPO with any alliance and go from there). That being said, I must take issue with this small bit, as insignificant as it might be to the point of your post.

Karma didn't attack the NPO - the NPO attacked OV during peace negotiations and those who were allied to OV fought back. This was an aggressive war by NPO, not the other way around.

That Karma planned out several months back.

And we took the bait.

That Karma planned out several months back.

And we took the bait.

Karma didn't plan this several months back and you have no basis to make such accusations. Please don't derail what was a good thread about friendship and all that good stuff, with talk of politics and stuff that often makes all people who play this game some of the more important aspects of this game.