If you support the Karma War, LOOK HERE!

Engel

rapturetribunejune.png

Welcome

Hello, Welcome to the City of Rapture's Newsletter. in here you will find all the updates on our alliance, not to mention some interesting news. some fun facts and other stuff.

Which brings us to our First Subject

Alliance News

Rapture Reaches its first Milestone!

Article by Ada *15th june*

The city of rapture is proud to announce it reached the 1.00 scoreline.

CoRstats14June2009.png

*Engel invades Ada's paper to bring an announcement:

Greetings! I am Engel, one of the founders of City of Rapture. While we haven’t been investing too much time with Foreign Affairs, I am pleased to announce that our focus on Internal Affairs and mainly growing the nations we have has become a success. Our recruitment has brought us to 37 total nations, finally reaching a score of over 1! I’m glad to see this milestone being broken and we anticipate more in the future!

With our new growth, I’d like to congratulate Zeke. Without Zeke, our membership wouldn’t be where it is now.

Also, CoR has been electing ministers over the past few days. We are proud to present new additions to our government. Our current government now includes:

Engelstruck:

Ada069

Engel

Ministers:

Vasili Suvrov, Minister of Central Control (War)

Zeke, Minister of Apollo Square (Members)

Xnenai Xyinaa, Minister of Farmer’s Market (Economy)

Sauge, Minister of Olympus Heights (Foreign Affairs)

FA Direction

Article by Souge *14th June*

street-signs.jpg

Well CoR has now has the first Minister of Olympus heights which is me Sauge. Cor's FA will now begin to grow in FA so that we can improve our relationships with

other alliances. The first alliance we will be looking to inprove relationships is with Greenland Republic. We are also proud to have a treaty with MK. We are also looking forward to having more tech deals with Kronos and improving relationships.

City of Rapture Minus City of = Rapture.

Article by Ada. *10th june*

For the first week i received a few numerous annoying messages about the Maroon alliance 'Rapture' and our alliance the 'City of Rapture' if your a bit blind you'll see that they are Totally Different. The next person that sez it i swear will literally be slapped with a trout. Rapture was going to be our original name. then we noticed them. =( it was a sad moment. Here are the logs.

[10:31] <Engel> no, i just like the concept

[10:32] <Engel> such as if we could model it after bioshock

[10:32] <Engel> have big daddies and little sisters

[10:32] <Engel> that would be sick

[10:32] <Engel> call it rapture

[10:35] <Thunderstruck> there is just one problem

[10:35] <Thunderstruck> http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance...lliance=Rapture

[10:37] <Engel> DAMMIT

[10:37] <Engel> WHY THE **** WHENEVER I GET A GOOD IDEA IT'S ALREADY ****ing DONE

Yes. it was upsetting =( But City of Rapture is good enough for us.

now that i think of it, It would have probably meant our 3 letter Acronym to be Rap. i would have to kill myself otherwise >.> no offence intended to Rapture of course.

Whats Shroomy, but is called a Toad?.

Mushroom kingdom recently became our protectorate. i have received a few 'i dont like mushroom kingdom' Comments :P. tbh I Love our Friends out the Shroomy Kingdom for all there help, they have Helped alot. We will also love to push ourselves forward with them. I have made contact with a few alliances of C&G to get to know MK's Allies a bit better. Athens Gratefully gave me a Embassy. and ive Nicely added -along with Athens- #GR, #Vanguard, #Fly. (sorry Lost, its not you, its us)(Its you) We also think NOIR is a good option. and hope to become part of the black unity treaty.

Ada's Rambling On.

This part of the news is were i ramble on about something. and Ramble on i shall. this month i chose the Karma war and what it means to the treaty web.

The Karma War

I think the Karma War still dominates most of the CN headlines. New Pacific Order dropping slowly, but dont think they will leave the war until the other four alliances decide they have had enough. (Echelon, The Phoenix Federation, 64digits and Avalon (source Wiki)) I suppose its a question of when, not If. Karma has maintained that they will not Deplete NPO. will it uphold? i am not sure. NPO are far from any more real damage, mainly because 80% of there Strength is in Peace Mode. so i guess its the slow Erosion over time that will deplete them further. but ive heard rumour they wont go till the other four leave the war, and all the while other alliances such as IRON have started to put the war behind them. and start rising.

--- What side would have City of Rapture been on, In there Minds as well as there treaties ---

I Feel that (speaking for myself, not Engel) if the war hit us, we would have atm with our current treaties. Have seen what Shrooms would have wanted. at the moment we are 2 weeks old. Not exactly prime time to run into a war. but if MK ever needed us (which they probably wouldn't have needed us in there stint in the Karma war) we would have been on standby. I want to hold treaties as best as possible. and i want to hold them for the right reasons to.

The Karma war has taught CN Alliances that Signing Treaties with Everything that moves, and some things that don't. Like NPO did (no offense) then your not going to have all the backing you think you have. If you maintain 'Get out' Clause. instead of the Cancellation. i think it will do good.

If not, then ask yourself. Why sign a treaty if you think you'll Cancel in times of war?.

suppose its on the odd chance that the 10% likely chance will come, that will side with you.

Treaties are signed for few reasons

- Friendship

- Power backing

- Moving out into Planet Bob.

too many times have people signed it for the power backing, and to many times have the people stated that its for 'Friendship' when a month later they don't talk at all to the others about there problems. then 5 months later expect them to go to war. Simple solution, start prioritizing your treaties. LET your other partners know where they stand. i think Get out clauses should be a good way to begin, make these MDAP's a bit more watertight for your alliance. Sure alliances with closeness such as MHA and Grämlins should always be supporting each other, such is the closeness of there friendship, but with alliances that are so far apart, that the first time they speak and ask for a treaty, change it so it benefits your alliance protection needs. and doesn't start people rambling on about cowardness. such as:

- If one Signatory doesn't give the other signatory notice of an attacking war, the defence of this treaty becomes optional.

- Either Signatory has a right to investigate matters before activating there treaty (such as, not find out when getting hammered that your ally was in the wrong.)

- If Either signatory is found to have committed/supported an offence to an alliance that is very server in nature (Hacking, Spying, Cheating ect name the other severe ones here) then this treaty becomes optional

I move these new Treaties be called, Adamdap or OMDAP :P.

If the Friendship comes closer, Release the idea of the Get out Clause. but why should you put your alliance at risk for an alliance for an alliance your not willing to defend.

That is my Ramble for the week.

Ada.

That Killed Kenny!

Article by Ada *14th june*

OMG_They_killed_Kenny_by_GuitarGoddess2012.jpg

That killed kenny is an Award given by City of Rapture, to the Most Shocking/stunning or idiot topic on the CN forums for the month.

This topic is chosen by me (ada) and also based on its number of posts.

The First winner of the 'Killed Kenny Award'

goes to

Trotsky's Revenge for his Imperial Decree from NPO post involving the Release of the Moldavi Doctrine, this topic sparked also a Troubled argument over Reparations given. no offense Trots. but the topic sparked major controversy atm almost at 3,000 posts.

This indeed, was the topic that Killed Kenny

Enjoy my Crappy Microsoft Paint Trophy

killedkenyaward2.png

A Motivational Pep talk

Article by Engel *14th june*

Engel interviews Xnenai Xyinaa, new Minister of the Farmer's Market (economy)

How do you like CoR so far?

I love CoR, its fricken awsome, small but great community and fun as promised by Ada when i first applied.

Would you prefer to be stuck in an elevator with Barbra Streisand or on a tiny island with Ada?

Since i dunno who the hell Barbra Streisand is, i'd rather be stuck with ada, although if he gets a little to close for comfort i might hide in a tree or dig a hole.

What do you think of CN?

Chicken >_>

If you had to sum up your experience with CN by using a song, which song would you choose and why?

Really? One, i wouldnt sing and two, there is no two.

How would you react if you are transformed into a fish?

I'd probably try eating a shark. Y not =|.

You have recently been promoted Minister of the Farmer's Market. What do you plan to do to serve CoR? What are your goals?

I plan to set people up with great trade circles, and get all of the younger nations to participate in tech deals, so we can bring in the cash and grow CoR etc, Thats my plan in a banana peeling. (Screw nut shells, i hate nuts)

If you are a god what would you do to the world?

Honestly there are some many things i would do (some you would wanna no of) others to complicated to explain, some to simple. Although i do know one thing - I would turn all of the GODAMN COMMUNISTS INTO CHICKEN NUGGETS!!!.... i hate communists.

What do you consider the most important/most memorable event in your CN career so far?

the most memorable event i got was the first day after collecting taxes, said something about a bridge collapsing and if you did any of the 2 choices or did nothing then you'd lose a crudload of money... "

Special Thank you's

Article by Ada *14th june*

I would like to give a special thank you to Shroom kingdom for being a good protector, and always answering our questions when we ask.

I would also like to give a Special thank you to Nolissar and the Open Source alliance for the terrific support for us. as well as helping us getting into NOIR.

:P sok, i think is our last misleading title.

Other Names that came forward was:

CoR Coup

CoR DOW on MHA

Screenshot of NPO Resigning.

CoR Donates a Bath to Smelly WCR

CoR Disband, Reunites and Eats itself

and finally

GGA MDAP Treaty (sorry guys. =( would have made a lol.)

Thats my plan in a banana peeling. (Screw nut shells, i hate nuts)

as long as you still like balls, you're fine by me :-D

also... might wanna edit the pic a little so you don't get in trouble for avoiding the language filter. the girls are fine though :-D

:P sok, i think is our last misleading title.

Other Names that came forward was:

CoR Coup

CoR DOW on MHA

Screenshot of NPO Resigning.

CoR Donates a Bath to Smelly WCR

CoR Disband, Reunites and Eats itself

and finally

GGA MDAP Treaty (sorry guys. =( would have made a lol.)

Ah well...at least you thought of us :P

Reaching 1.00 score in two weeks...nice growth there. Congrats City of Rapture.

:wub: Engel