Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

:ph34r:

npoimperial.png

An Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

The Red Team

The New Pacific Order hereby issues the following decree:

The Moldavi Doctrine is hereby rescinded.

In this new world, we recognize that our alliance alone is no longer able to adequately protect the unaligned on the Red Team. In the hopes that this noble goal continues to be shared by all alliances on the Red Team, we do hereby modify the Revenge Doctrine:

No nation residing in the red team may be raided. The New Pacific Order will find friendship and common cause with any alliance or group on the Red Team that shares the deeply held belief that raiding the unaligned is wrong, and specifically that raiding any nation on the Red Team is wrong.

Specifically, we invite FIRE to join in an economic pact that also includes the protection of the innocent unaligneds.

The Past

During the conflict with the Global Alliance Treaty Organization, the New Pacific Order declared that those GATO nations in peace mode would be subjected to permanent ZI. Though this decree was never enforced, and no GATO nation was ever so subjected, we do wish to state that this decree was a mistake and it was wrong. We realize that nations probably rerolled because of this, and we apologize to them and to GATO in general for this action.

Apparently many missed our announcement with our May Report that our ZI list was cleared. We have no PZI lists, or even a ZI list; we never practiced what many call EZI.

The Karma War

For nearly a month, the New Pacific Order has extended its hand in an offering of surrender to the forces arrayed against it. This hand was ignored, as the forces who call themselves "Karma," delayed in reaching an agreement, despite having issued time limited "pre-terms."

This war was fought to defend our sovereignty against a nation who willingly and knowingly sought our private military information. Little will be gained in arguing why we began this war, but that is why we began it. We bear no umbrage against those alliances who we have fought because of defense treaties. Treaties being what they are, symbols of an enduring and binding friendship between two parties, we recognize that many of our opponents went into this war to defend their ally. There is no dishonor in that.

We acknowledge that we have been defeated in this war. We have been humbled and we have been forced to look at ourselves in a different light. Today we walk down a different path than that of yesterday; the rescinding of the Moldavi Doctrine is but one step in that direction.

We expected that the terms presented against us would be among the harshest, if not the harshest, that Planet Bob has ever seen. We believe that because we have never believed that the forces oppose us wish to "change the world" for the "better," or that they fundamentally disagree with anything we have done, since so many of them fought with us as we did them.

Having finally reached an agreement among themselves, we were presented with terms of surrender by Londo Mollari of Athens. These terms contained much that we expected: political and diplomatic concessions such as the rescinding of both the Moldavi and Revenge Doctrines, public apologies, the standard military decommissions, nuclear decommissions and protectorate status. Economically, the monetary and tech reparations combined were by far the highest the world has ever seen. Specifically, 300,000 tech and $7,000,000,000 to be paid by anyone, also convertible to tech, if we wished it.

We expected nothing less. What we did not expect were two clauses specifically:

B1) The New Pacific Order shall move the bulk of its forces into warmode for 2 weeks prior to the end of combat. When 90% or more of all nations at or above 4,000 infrastructure and additionally 90% or more of the alliance is in warmode, a countdown clock shall begin, starting on the day immediately after the above conditions have been met. A state of open warfare shall exist between the signatories of this document for a period of exactly 14 days. After the period of 14 days has elapsed no further attacks are to occur, peace is to be offered in all quarters, and the period of protection specified in part C of this agreement will begin.

The first is to require that 90% of our nations above 4K infra and 90% of our alliance be in war mode (whichever is higher) mode for 14 days. This would obviously include our banks. We did not expect such a term, because no alliance can pay large reparations, the largest reparations ever, if its economic base is destroyed.

Also troubling was the percentages required. The percentages at the time of negotiations meant that no more than 7 nations in the New Pacific Order above 4K infra could be in peace mode. Asking that such a high percentage of that portion of our alliance be in war mode is logistically impossible. Similarly, asking that 90% of our entire alliance be in war mode is similarly logistically impossible, particularly this time of year, particularly in these kinds of circumstances. Our soldiers will sacrifice everything in war, but never have they been asked to sacrifice their nations in such a futile effort.

Karma asked that we expel nations who did not comply with the orders to leave peace mode, and at first I considered doing so. But on second thought, after seeing the nations who are not in compliance, many of them are loyal, hardworking nations who have been with us for years. The New Pacific Order is not willing to expel those comrades who did not respond to that order that was given weeks ago, as we do not doubt that a great many of them have perfectly legitimate reasons, [ooc]particularly given the present time of year, when many students have finals, graduations and are, in general, ending the school year. Many are also parents who have children in the same situation.[/ooc] It would be dishonorable for us to remove members when we do not know the reasons for their inactivity.

B2) Reparations of up to 300,000 tech and $7,000,000,000 will be assessed upon the New Pacific Order. This shall be determined dependent on their ability to pay after the aforementioned period of war, in the judgment of the Karma signatories of this document. All reparations of technology must be paid by nations with greater than or equal to 1000.00 technology at the end of the above-mentioned 14 day period.

These terms do two things: first, they destroy the ability of our economically strong nations to pay reparations, and they restrict who can pay the terms. Both of these things serve a clear purpose: to make these reparations impossible to pay off. Neither we nor anyone on Planet Bob have ever been subjected to terms with such clauses designed to keep an alliance destroyed for so long. We, specifically, have never included in any terms given any sort of restrictions on how reparations are to be paid.

We do not believe these terms are possible for us to pay. We were and are prepared to accept any terms we believe we can pay. We presented Karma with a counter-proposal, that we pay more than the amounts requested, but with the lifting of those two clauses. Our counter-proposal (which is by far the largest amount of reparations in the history of the Cyberverse) was this:

In exchange for an increase of reparations to be paid from 300,000 tech and $7,000,000,000 to 300,000 tech and $8,000,000,000, the war will end immediately and any nation of the New Pacific Order of any infra level may pay a portion of those reparations, either in cash or tech or both.

That counter-proposal was refused.

We cannot, in good conscience to the responsibility we have to the Body Republic of the New Pacific Order, accept such terms. We cannot accept terms that will, in essence, result in the destruction of our alliance and force us to expel our friends. We reject those terms, and welcome those alliances against us who wish to make to peace to approach our government with terms that are reasonable, reasonable for what our opponents want, and reasonable in what we are capable of giving.

Edited by TrotskysRevenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to congratulate Athens and Londo for offering the most severe terms ever attempted in history. I hope the revenge driven egotistic display presenting impossible terms has satiated your appetite.

To NPO, we fully endorse you defending your principles and never let anyone play a guilt trip on our behalf. We will fight until feasible/within TOS possible terms are presented and accepted.

Edited by mhawk

I hope they only get worse. In fact, I'd like to see NPO refuse them long enough to be knocked out of a sanction spot.

During the conflict with the Global Alliance Treaty Organization, the New Pacific Order declared that those GATO nations in peace mode would be subjected to permanent ZI. Though this decree was never enforced, and no GATO nation was ever so subjected, we do wish to state that this decree was a mistake and it was wrong. We realize that nations probably rerolled because of this, and we apologize to them and to GATO in general for this action.

Apparently many missed our announcement with our May Report that our ZI list was cleared. We have no PZI lists, or even a ZI list; we never practiced what many call EZI.

Failed attempt at PR right there.

Edited by Mamaev II

Big numbers right there.

Well-deserved numbers right there.

Let no one forget the crimes in Pacifica's past, nor the fact that it was once again unjustified Pacifican aggression that pushed the world into conflict.

Wow, long time no hear.

Well glad Moldavi doctrine is gone, as for the war seems like u guys are losing the military battle but if Karma keeps at it u guys might happen to win the CN community over.

Wow, I mean really? I expected harsh terms but...
You mean you're not surprised at Karma's complete hypocrisy regarding terms? I'm SHOCKED! :rolleyes:

Sorry, just a tad annoyed atm :)

Edited by F15pilotX

I would like to congratulate Athens and Londo for offering the most severe terms ever attempted in history. I hope the revenge driven egotistic display presenting impossible terms has satiated your appetite.

To NPO, we fully endorse you defending your principles and never let anyone play a guilt trip on our behalf.

I'm afraid your assumption that paying reps is the "most severe terms ever attempted in history" is flawed.

Edited by Samuel Houston

Moo, you may not believe me, but ditching the Moldavi Doctrine is the right thing to do. I only wish the NPO had accepted my offer of cooperation way back when....

As for the terms, I have no comment since the matter does not directly concern me.

I suspect this thread will end well.

I am sure that there could have been negotiating these terms down instead of making them public. How do you think making this public will play out?

Londo tends to be a fair person, to solely pin the blame on him for this is an injustice. If you want to place blame, you blame all the alliances fighting you instead of just Londo. Who I am sure was just a spokesperson for the alliances on your front.

Hail Karma!

Congrats on Peace NPO!

Well, thank you. We'll remember that for when we get peace. :P

I am sure that there could have been negotiating these terms down instead of making them public. How do you think making this public will play out?

We attempted to do so. The Karma officials stated that they would not be willing to alter the terms.

Londo tends to be a fair person, to solely pin the blame on him for this is an injustice. If you want to place blame, you blame all the alliances fighting you instead of just Londo. Who I am sure was just a spokesperson for the alliances on your front.

We didn't dump the blame on him, and if it came across that way, it was not our intention. We merely meant that he was the one who presented the terms to us.

Edited by Mary the Fantabulous

Hey Moo, remember when you asked TDSM8 to pay more reps than we had? Remember when you changing the terms and holding us demilitarized for 6 months killed our alliance? Remember when you asked Athens for 6/7 of their tech? Remember when you held GATO in a viceroy for a year? Remember when you perma warred FAN? Remember all the people you forced out of this game? Remember all the homes you destroyed? Shut the $%&@ up. You are playing a pity boat when you deserve none. Im so sick of you guys trying to act like you deserve any better than this.