GLS military research

HHAYD

In Great Lakes State, somewhere where the underground research facility is located:

"Alright men, fire up that chemical converter machine!" ordered the research scientist.

Machine begins to start up, and instantly explodes.

"That is the 20th machine that blew up, sigh..." mumbled the research scientist.

"I am not sure if we can actually convert those liquid explosives into harmless insect repellents and reverse that." said a lab worker.

"It is possible, its just that developing the machine is the hard part..."

"$20 says the next machine is going to blow up."

"Deal, just watch..."

Next machine begins to start up

"YES! It didn't blew up during start up!"

Suddenly, a metal cover on top of it blew off, spilling out the "harmless" insect repellent chemicals. The moment the chemicals hit the concrete floor, it explodes

"You owe me $20 buddy."

"No, you said the machine blows up, not the chemicals. That means I don't have to pay you $10!"

Machine blows up/i]

"Now look who is talking."

-----------------------------------

OOC: The GLS military research scientists are trying to figure out a way to smuggle liquid explosives without being detected.

But they aren't making much progress. :P

Edited by HHAYD

In the lab:

"Any progress?" asked the head research scientist.

"Sort of. We finally developed a chemical converter machine that won't blow up. However, we discovered the insect repellent is highly reactive to concrete, so we are trying to find out how to keep it from being reactive."

"I see, tell me if you have any more progress. I need to talk to Mr. Karson that it is highly dangerous to smell chemicals, especially when they are developmental sticky chemicals that are meant to give away enemy jet planes and block windshields . I suspect he is addicted to getting high from fumes. Not safe."

--------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I have a question, is it okay for me to RP a development of the GLS military converting liquid explosives into harmless insect repellents and after smuggling them, convert the chemicals back into liquid explosives?

I am also wondering if it is okay to RP a development of a chemical that is extremely sticky, absorbs radio signal, reflect and amplify radar signals, glows in the dark with a bright neon green light, and can be used to completely cover up an enemy jet's windshield, causing the pilot to unable to see.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: Depends on how you intend to use it, and how it's deployed.

OOC: The insect repellents would be used to get past though checkpoints and searching. A certain type of explosive would be converted into insect repellent for smuggling, and then reversed when it reached it's destination.

The second type of chemical I am planning on is to be fired by plastic shells at enemy jets during dog fights. The chemicals stick onto the enemy's jet, would amplify radar signals, and glow bright neon green during nighttime to give away the enemy's position. If sprayed on the windshield, it would block the view of the enemy pilot, and if sprayed on where the radio transmitter is located, it would mess up the radio signals.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: I have a question, is it okay for me to RP a development of the GLS military converting liquid explosives into harmless insect repellents and after smuggling them, convert the chemicals back into liquid explosives?

I am also wondering if it is okay to RP a development of a chemical that is extremely sticky, absorbs radio signal, reflect and amplify radar signals, glows in the dark with a bright neon green light, and can be used to completely cover up an enemy jet's windshield, causing the pilot to unable to see.

Soe kind of phosphoric gel. But radar signals are on radio wavelenghts.

In the research lab:

"Any results?"

"Yep, we finally made the explosive insect repellent stable. Now lets test it on the insects."

Lab worker presses the start button, and a machine begin to spray the repellent on a chunk of meat and lets out a swarm of flies in the giant glass box.

"Lets see what happens..."

Files lights up on fire when they touch the sprayed meat chunk, and the meat chunk explodes into a fire ball.

"Get the fire extinguisher, now!"

-----

In another lab room, the anti-air craft chemical:

"Alright, spray it on that aluminum sheet."

Lab worker sprays it on the aluminum sheet, and the chemical instantly burns it charcoal black. A few seconds later, the aluminum sheet falls apart in pieces.

"Back to step one!"

Edited by HHAYD

In the research lab, the "insect repellent" development:

"Any progress?" asked the research manager

"After losing two of our lab workers to a massive fireball that shattered the reinforced tempered glass and roasted the entire lab room charcoal black, no." replied the research leader.

----------------------------------------

The research manager was getting a bit desperate, he knew the military technology head of department was not going to be pleased with the lack of progress. He then entered the anti-air craft gel development lab room.

"Any progress?" he asked.

"Yes and no. The bad news is we couldn't develop one that won't ignite the moment strong radio waves hit it, but the good news is that we discovered that a 9 year old kid already finished developing the gel within four days."

"How did you know?"

"Youtube, but it got taken off for some reason. Anyways, we contacted the kid, and guess what he demanded?"

"What?"

"200 happy meal coupons within two weeks."

"That isn't a problem."

"Now it is, ever since McDonald decided to take the happy meal off market, including the coupons for two months."

"Great..."

Edited by HHAYD

"insect repellent" development:

"Any progress?"

"Project has been canceled, dip(insert cuss word) thanks to an explosion that vaporized the Mr. Koruds, the head of the military technology research."

"Not my problem..."

"Really? Look who was the one who "accidentally" installed the wrong OS and installed two instead of one, Window ME and Window Vista instead of the required GLS Military OSX V2.5. The combination of the OS caused the machine to be overloaded and go berserk."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Anti aircraft gel development:

"Project was canceled, the government pulled some major strings in getting the kid to reveal the plans for the anti-aircraft gel."

"Darn it. Anyways, are we assigned to another project?"

"Nope, we still have the improve the gel, or face being fired."

"What strings did the government pull?"

"Threatening McDonald with an "accidental" air strike."

"Something tells me they are going to file a lawsuit."

"They are already, complaining that the government threaten their customers."

-------------------------------------

Current stats on the gel, classified document:

Estimated completion: 50%

Can it glow in the dark?: Yes

Black?: Yes

Mess up radio waves?: Yes

Sticky?: Yes

Comments: Fume is highly corrosive, can burn aluminum, plastic, and skin. Needs additional work and a new lab worker. Already lost a lab worker when he tried inhaling the fume.

Edited by HHAYD

Estimated completion: 55%

Sticky on all types of metal and glass?: Yes

Comments: Fume is no longer corrosive, but the liquid is reactive to nitrogen, making it useless to use during dog fights.

Edited by HHAYD

Estimated completion: 70%, stalled until the gel is no longer reactive.

Comments: Reactive to nitrogen, making it useless to use during dog fights. Currently looking for another compound to replace the unstable compound in the gel.

------------------------------------

Hidden explosive development:

"So, what is our new plan?"

"You know the insect repellent development?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"The president ordered it to be restarted. On top of that, we have to find a way to smuggle explosives through anti-septic while still making the anti-septic functional and safe to use in case if an enemy decides to try it."

"Great..."

"Better than getting laid off."

----------------------------

Insect repellent:

Estimated completion: 5%

Comments: Looking for several new compounds to replace the unstable ones in the insect repellent. Also have to redesign the converter machine, it is a piece of (insert cuss word)!

------------------------------

Anti-botic:

Estimated completion: 6%

Comments: Currently looking for a way to fit the explosives in the cream while keeping it safe and functional.

OOC: A compound reactive to nitrogen could be an issue, seeing as the atmosphere is 76% Nitrogen. :P

OOC: Indeed, especially when it is suppose to be used on enemy aircrafts during dog fights.

Estimated completion: 72%, stalled until the gel is no longer reactive.

Comments: Found a new compound more stable, but it burns all types of glass and plastic. Might be useful in screwing enemy pilots by exposing the $@pit to the outside air, but not the one we are looking for.

Insect repellent:

Estimated completion: 30%

Comments: Found a new set of compounds that is stable and functions like ordinary insect repellent. Plans for the new machine is being drawn up, testing it on insects and animals tomorrow.

Anti-botic:

Estimated completion: 7%

Comments: Currently looking for a way to fit the explosives in the cream while keeping it safe and functional.

Edited by HHAYD

Estimated completion: 80%

Comments: We discovered a compound that is finally stable enough to be used with the other compounds, trans fat. Why didn't we ever think of that? Once development is finished we will start testing it.

Insect repellent:

Comments: Found a new set of compounds that is stable and functions like ordinary insect repellent. Plans for the new machine is being drawn up, testing it on insects and animals tomorrow.

Anti-biotic:

Estimated completion: 15%

Comments: Found a compound that can efficiently attach the explosive compounds to the anti-biotic chemicals. However, it reactive to all types of proteins, making it dangerous to use.

Edited by HHAYD

Rapid firing artillery guns, 4 shells per second:

Estimated completion: 1%

Comments: Drawing up the plans. It will be basically a mix of a machine gun and an artillery gun.

OOC: This really can't be that high a caliber. If a large gun shoots this fast, it will eventually destroy itself.

Estimated completion: 60% stalled

Comments: Turns out that the trans fat made the chemical flammable, not what we wanted.

Insect repellent:

Comments: Found a new set of compounds that is stable and functions like ordinary insect repellent. It turned out it didn't repel insects, it killed them within 30 seconds. Currently waiting for the tested animals' reactions to the chemical.

Anti-biotic:

Comments: Currently looking for a molecule that is more stable.

-------------------------------

Deadly anti-aircraft fireworks:

Estimated completion: 5%

Comments: Currently testing all of the known explosive chemicals to see which one generates the brightest amount of light. Blinded pilots+any aircrafts=bad.

Edited by HHAYD

Estimated completion: 60% stalled

Comments: None, in progress of finding a more stable molecule.

Insect repellent:

Comments: Found a new set of compounds that is stable and functions like ordinary insect repellent. It turned out it didn't repel insects, it killed them within 30 seconds. Currently waiting for the tested animals' reactions to the chemical.

Anti-biotic:

Estimated completion: 16%

Comments: Currently looking for a molecule that is more stable.

-------------------------------

Deadly anti-aircraft fireworks:

Comments: A new type of flash powder is being developed. The powder is designed to emit dangerous level of brightness and sound to stun and blind enemy pilots.

OOC: Assume all researches on the first three topics to be stalled until my nation hits first world level.

Edited by HHAYD