Declaration of Existence

Greetings.

As of today, the Democratic Open Community (DOC) declares its existence within the Cyberverse and open its gates for immigrants. Our goal is to be as democratic and as open and transparent as possible.

What makes us different from other alliances?

1.) We don't have any secret, closed subforums. We don't hide anything from our members, only from non-members. All members have the right to be informed and involved in all matters of our community.

2.) All members are automatically members within the Parliament and have a vote on how things are done.

3.) Our Ministers are directly elected by our members.

4.) We define ourselves as a community first and an alliance second. The goal is to create a group of friends that are connected by more than just common defense.

The alliance is new and is therefore open for all ideas to shape our common way into the future.

It also means that we require protection. Thankfully, my friends from The Foreign Division (TFD) provide us with that protection.

Preamble:

The Foreign Division and Democratic Open Community, acknowledging their common roots, enter to the following Protectorate Agreement in the interest of Protection, Growth and Brotherhood.

Chapter I - Sovereignty:

The Foreign Division and the Democratic Open Community recognize each other as sovereign and separate alliances, even though bound by their Origins and their Founder.

Chapter II - Mutual Respect:

The two Alliances shall have the determination and good faith to prevent disputes from arising. In case disputes on matters directly affecting them should arise, especially disputes likely to disturb peace and harmony, they shall refrain from the threat or use of force and shall at all times settle such disputes among themselves through friendly negotiations.

Chapter III - Protection and Defense:

The Foreign Division will consider an attack on Democratic Open Community as an attack on The Foreign Division. The Foreign Division will attempt to resolve such an issue on the behalf of the Democratic Open Community through diplomatic means before force is ever used. While not required, Democratic Open Community may come to the defense of The Foreign Division at their choosing if the need for mutual defense is ever requested.

Chapter IV - Aid and Progress:

The Foreign Division will aid the Democratic Open Community to help them grow as an alliance.

Democratic Open Community will have access to the Technology Market of The Foreign Division for the lasting of this treaty. Forum Access Priviledges may be increased at the criteria of each Signatory.

Should both signatories feel there is the need for it; The Foreign Division will nominate one advisor who will work directly with the Democratic Open Community in the process of alliance structuring and offer guidance in Charter building. When these objectives are attained the Advisor will remain as consulter to the Democratic Open Community. The Advisor will hold no legal or executive power as defined in Chapter I.

Chapter V - Aggression and Treaty Signing:

Democratic Open Community agrees to alert The Foreign Division if they have decided to go on the offensive towards another alliance within 72 hours of doing so. Democratic Open Community will never declare war on another alliance without first discussing it with The Foreign Division leadership.

Democratic Open Community will also contact The Foreign Division before signing any treaties with other alliances and will discuss such decisions with them with at least 48 hours of advance from the Signature of said Treaty.

Chapter VI - Disbandment:

In the sad event that the Democratic Open Community decides it can no longer function as an alliance; Democratic Open Community agrees to contact The Foreign Division leadership as soon as possible.

If possible disbandment is an option; Democratic Open Community agrees to contact The Foreign Division within 24 hours to discuss other options. The Foreign Division shall do everything at their reach to help Democratic Open Community to avoid such a fate.

Chapter VII - Cancellation or Upgrade:

Both parties agree to give each other a 96 hour notice before cancelling this treaty.

When Democratic Open Community feel they are capable of holding their security and do not need assistance from The Foreign Division, the parties may discuss a possible upgrade of the treaty.

Signed for The Foreign Division,

Speaker Sir Volpe

Senator GearHead

Senator Herbert

Senator KingAdam

MoFA Lusitan

Signed for Democratic Open Community,

Founder Tamurin

Thank you for your time! :)

Direct democracy will cause you lots of problems. It's a fabulous ideal, but in CN it is less than ideal.

This.... direct democracy fails in CN. Still, I wish you all the best of luck, whenever I've seen you around on IRC you seemed cool.

Direct democracy will cause you lots of problems. It's a fabulous ideal, but in CN it is less than ideal.

Really? TYR existed for almost 7 months and no internal beatings yet. ;)

Tamurin, you are a great friend and I only wish you the best. I will be backing you up all the way.

o/ Democracy

o/ Democratic Open Community

o/ Tamurin

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

Yes, I know that direct democracy is a difficult concept. To say it blunt, dictatorships are easier to manage. However, I just don't feel comfortable with such a structure where I am bossing around everyone. I really value different opinions and I want other people to voice their opinions and contribute. I'm aware that this makes things more difficult, more time-consuming etc., but I'm willing to give it a try.

As of today, the Democratic Open Community (DOC) declares its existence within the Cyberverse and open its gates for immigrants. Our goal is to be as democratic and as open and transparent as possible.

What makes us different from other alliances?

1.) We don't have any secret, closed subforums. We don't hide anything from our members, only from non-members. All members have the right to be informed and involved in all matters of our community.

2.) All members are automatically members within the Parliament and have a vote on how things are done.

3.) Our Ministers are directly elected by our members.

4.) We define ourselves as a community first and an alliance second. The goal is to create a group of friends that are connected by more than just common defense.

The alliance is new and is therefore open for all ideas to shape our common way into the future.

It also means that we require protection. Thankfully, my friends from The Foreign Division (TFD) provide us with that protection.

Sounds great, and great protectors there. :) Let us know if you need anything my democratic brothers.

• 2 weeks later...