The Objects in Space Accords

57thFlagbkp4-acopy.pngShatteredStar270.png

The Objects in Space Accords

An affirmation of brotherhood between the Shattered Star Exiles and the 57th Overlanders.

Today I come to you all with great pleasure in announcing the signing of a Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact between SSX and our dear friends in the 57th. This treaty is an upgrade of our PIAT. The bond between the 57th and SSX has existed since our inception, and before the 57th even began, when HPS and a newly announced SSX engaged in a cooperative offensive against Valhalla in the War of the Coalition. Since that time, our friendship has only grown even stronger. Now, we come before you today to formerly declare our willingness to live, and die, alongside each other. I now present to you, the Objects in Space Accords:

Preamble: The 57th Overlanders (the 57th) and the Shattered Star Exiles (SSX) have been enjoying drinks together for what seems like ages now, but luckily the rum reserves are still stocked quite well. In the spirit of further sharing of spirits, we hereby enter into this Booze Reduction Treaty.

I. Friendship: The SSX and the 57th agree to a policy of nonaggression with one another. Members of both sides agree to remain friendly and respectful towards each other at all times, and to keep any verbal conflict out of the public eye. Both parties agree to pass on any credible information they receive that indicates a possible threat to the other signatory.

II. Support: Both the 57th and SSX agree to offer each other financial, economic, diplomatic, and military aid as they feel necessary.

III. Mutual Defense: An attack on one signatory is to be considered an attack on the other. Both SSX and the 57th should stand ready to assist in the defense of the party under attack within 48 hours.

IV. Optional Aggression: Should either the 57th or SSX engage in an offensive war against a third party, and the other signatory finds the cause to be just, they too may aid in the offensive. This assistance is encouraged, but not required.

V. Cancellation: Should either party wish to withdraw from this agreement, they must give 72 hour notice prior to public announcement.

May our friendship continue to endure and burn brightly, long into the future!

This has been in the works for some time now and it's nice to see it finally being announced. I've known Kahn for quite some time and SSX for just as long, if not longer. I'm not only proud to call these guys friends but also allies.

<early>The concepts of 'Defense' and 'Aggression' are such relative ones, yet they're treated as such absolutes when it comes to treaties. Does that seem right to you?</early>

Glad to see our friends in the 57th making more friends. My congratulations to both alliances!

The 57th just hit the allies jackpot. SSX are very honorable, and they aren't afraid to jump into a fight for their allies, even if they're at a grievous disadvantage. Look at what they did in WotC for example.

o/ SSX

o/ 57th

o/ Vasuda :awesome: