Joint Announcement from The Sweet Oblivion and The Order of the Paradox

Joint TSO/TOP Announcement

flag3n.jpg--topflagnt2.png

As many of you know, The Sweet Oblivion and The Order of the Paradox were involved in the conflict against Echelon. A short while ago, we and the rest of the combatants agreed to offer terms to Echelon; we were informed by GOD that they'd be seeking out the opinions on preferences for surrender terms of all the alliances involved. As it turned out, the terms were discussed but we were excluded from the initial discussions; terms were formulated and agreed to by the other alliances involved, and only afterward were they shown to TSO and TOP for input. Both of our alliances were unhappy with and adverse towards the terms in question. We felt them to be excessive and degrading. Representatives from TSO made their disagreement clear and were in discussion with members of some of the other alliances involved regarding reducing the terms. Neither TOP nor TSO ever voiced agreement to any set of terms, nor was our explicit approval of them sought out. And yet tonight we were invited into a channel and confronted soon afterward by terms being presented to Echelon.

We wish those alongside whom we were fighting the best of luck; however, we will not be party to the presentation of terms to which we did not agree.

The Order of the Paradox and The Sweet Oblivion hereby conclude a white peace with Echelon.

For The Sweet Oblivion,

Celt, Commander

Dragonaspect, Commander

Sam, Commander

For the Order of the Paradox,

Crymson, Grandmaster

Dr. Dan, Grand Hospitaller

Someguy, Grand Chancellor

For Echelon,

El Hefe, Director

Neo Anglia, Director

Solidus117, Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs

Edit: Removed an extra

tag.
Edited by Crymson

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOP and TSO never had much of a stake in this war and were not even actively fighting when this agreement was reached; it would be petty to begrudge you guys for pulling out now. Best of luck to you.

(edit; grammar)

Edited by NoFish

This is an honorable move by TOP and TSO in the conflict. I can definately see why you would want nothing to do with certain parties trying to spite you. Congrats on peace with Echelon in an honorable fashion.

Edit: OOC: I see me and Crymson don't like the pens B)

Edited by Desperado

<insert some line about irony here>

Well, can't say I can complain about white peace from anyone on that front by now seeing how much damage the alliance has taken. However I would personally never leave a front with other people still committed, and since the forces left there can still hold their own pretty damn well and still offer the terms they want then I suppose there's no loss to anyone over this agreement.

So from my limited knowledge and taking the OP at face value I'll have to say good move TOP.

This is an honorable move by TOP and TSO in the conflict. I can definately see why you would want nothing to do with certain parties trying to spite you. Congrats on peace with Echelon in an honorable fashion.

Please, GOD, don't spite the TOP!~ Quality spin work as always, Desperado.