New Pacific Order Reps Race

Scarlet Ellen Red

I take the time at 11:38 server time, to hand count all nations above 5k ns who are in peace mode under the NPO AA. I have devised an easy to view system. I will personally come on here and update this list, if I can't I will post who will, so that way maybe we can keep down on the dis-informing reports if we get any. (I am not a mod so I cannot ban anyone from posting anything, but I am just simply telling you if you want to view a surefire correct report, you can read mine) I have already done Day 1 for everyone on IRC to get this started, I will now post Day 2 and the totals. Please enjoy! (More info in comments)

New Pacific Order Reps Race

Day 2

Old Total

150 Nation Violations

450 Million

15,000 Tech

+2 days of terms

Today's Add-on's

157 Nations Violated

471 million

15,700 tech

+ 2 days of terms

Total so Far

307 Nation Violations

921 million

30,700 tech

+4 days of terms

Comments:

Hello Everyone, (Note to Mod: I am not sure if I put this in the right place), most of you do not know me. I tend to keep a low profile. I read the forums a lot, but I don't post often. I tend to stick with IRC channels. The Right People know where I stand, and which side I am on, and what my feelings are.

So lets get down to what this topic is about. The dreaded threatening add-on to whatever terms that Karma gives NPO. As stated here:

Gen_Lee: -6th Day and on:.For every NPO nation above 5k NS in peace mode, 3 mil and 100 tech in reparations will be added to any peace terms, per day. The duration of all peace terms will also be increased by 2 days for any day any NPO nation above 5k is in peace after the 5th day.
Gen_Lee: oh for record sake, clock starts now 5/21 11:38 server time

I will keep you posted, every day I will count the nations. Show you what the add-on for that day will be under "Today's Add-on" and the current total from all the add-ons together under "Total so Far."

[Disclaimer: Now this topic isn't a debate about those terms, as the title says, I made this to inform everyone what those terms would be, if added up. I am simply informing you what they are, so please don't write mis-informing reports. I am not here to debate how good/bad/ok/not-ok the terms are. I am just simply writing what they would be. So please don't throw tons of flames out there. Pwease :( ]

Edit: Each Edit will be to add a direct link to each day's report.

Edited by Scarlet Ellen Red

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, I was appalled at the hypocrisy in the decision to try and force NPO's nations out of peacemode. But then again, NPO are also being hypocritical by criticising peacemode for the past year or so, and only now are discovering that it is a useful tool in war, especially in a war they aren't winning.

/me shrugs.

I totally missed that/hadn't heard that. That is pathetic though, what they (RoK+whoever) are doing. But this isn't the thread for that.

Umm thanks for the info.

It's just another example of the hypocrisy that in apparent on Planet Bob. Get used to it.

Perhaps it's the time. Perhaps it's the medication.

Not sure. Perhaps both.

But I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.

What they are saying is simply bringing forth this tidbit of information to the public. Basically as the days pass the total will go up and up and it will become less and less likely that NPO will accept.

Basically unless this Karma ruling changes, NPO is now in a permanent war status.

Basically unless this Karma ruling changes, NPO is now in a permanent war status.

Until those who keep them in this way haven't the power to do so anymore like happened with NPO-FAN War.

Looks like history will repeat itself again?

Until those who keep them in this way haven't the power to do so anymore like happened with NPO-FAN War.

Looks like history will repeat itself again?

Let's just say it does not seem like a genuine peace offer. I do not think Pacifican leadership will ever change their ways, they are what they are. So whatever reparations are demanded by those fighting them are now for them to decide. In my opinion Karma is no more. I am now all about Frostbite and of course the rest of our treaty partners as they are the ones important to us in STA.

The War that started out as a beautiful thing turned ugly. That is the nature of war and I am done with this one.

I totally missed that/hadn't heard that. That is pathetic though, what they (RoK+whoever) are doing. But this isn't the thread for that.

Umm thanks for the info.

This will be good. I wonder if nations that exit peace mode and reenter result in a double penalty?

I feel bad for the RoK guy who has to monitor every single violation.

Lee was just the messenger of those Karma alliances on the Pacific front. This is not a Ragnarok ultimatum, but an ultimatum made by FOK, Sparta, VE, GOD, Vanguard, GR, Athens, and so on.

This war will conclude when those alliances at war with the New Pacific Order perceive the amount of damage done to the New Pacific Order to be appropriate punishment for their unjustified attack on Ordo Verde and their past transgressions. If I had to put a number on it, my personal opinion on what would be adequate reprisal would be for Pacifica to fall below 5 million nation strength and lose sanction status. Surrender terms have already been written and largely agreed upon. However, they will not be offered until this war is actually won. The New Pacific Order has two choices: i) Drag this war out, attempt to hide from justice via the use of peace mode, and have a large amount of reparations and time added to the surrender terms, or ii) Actually fight the war that they started, receive the punishment they deserve, accept the surrender terms and, within a matter of a couple of weeks, be free to concentrate on reconstruction and the payment of much smaller reparations.

It's very simple. The only reason Pacifica has so far selected option one is due to the erroneous belief that Karma forces will grow tired of this war before they do; a last desperate attempt to clutch on to some semblance of control.

NPO is greatly underestimating the resolve of the alliances fighting it if they think we will grow tired of the war before them. Those alliances still fighting NPO know that they carry the responsibility to make this war count on their shoulders.

And if the NPO doesn't want to accept the terms being offered it's not our fault. We're not keeping them in an eternal state of war. We're offering them an exit but on our terms, not theirs. That probably means NPO is gonna have to swallow their pride for once, but that's just too bad. If they don't want that but rather want to fight on indefinitely that's of course their prerogative. Just don't accuse us of creating a FAN situation when it's NPO's stubborn pride that keeps the war going.

To put this in perspective for those who are crying that NPO is being punished for acting like FAN, consider this. FAN actually fought a war without mass peace mode and exited with surrender terms. They were then attacked for "breaking" said terms and then forced into peace mode while disarmed. NPO hasn't actually fought a complete war yet.

If we give NPO terms and then turn around almost immediately and attack them on an extremely flimsy CB, then call me out on it and I'll personally admit to hypocrisy.

EDIT: Oh, and we're not threatening EZI or PZI so I don't see how this relates much to GATO in that sense. Also, isn't the rallying cry "To ZI and Beyond" a bit oxymoronic? How can you go to ZI while in peace mode? Well, I suppose you could always sell all your infra...

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Has it really come to this? Are we so hungry for revenge and tech raiding that we have to resort to bully tactics like this? Half the people in NPO weren't even around for the events they're being punished for but now we're going to cement their bitterness and hate with the very tactics that we spoke out so strongly against. You can't do 'bad guy' things and claim to be the good guys. This war has gone sour and its turning us into monsters.

Has it really come to this? Are we so hungry for revenge and tech raiding that we have to resort to bully tactics like this? Half the people in NPO weren't even around for the events they're being punished for but now we're going to cement their bitterness and hate with the very tactics that we spoke out so strongly against. You can't do 'bad guy' things and claim to be the good guys. This war has gone sour and its turning us into monsters.

Oh, don't be so obtuse. I never said I was a good guy. I said I was an ally of an Ordo Verde, and I am hungry for justice, not technology or revenge. Let no one forget that the New Pacific Order initiated this war, during peace negotiations, with no facts or adequate justification supporting their aggression. Half the people in NPO weren't even around for the events they're being punished for? Interesting, I wasn't aware that the Pacifican membership had doubled between the time they attacked Ordo Verde and now. Some of them may not have been present for previous Pacifican crimes, but that is entirely irrelevant - by joining an alliance you become a staunch advocate of its history, policies and approach towards the game. If they no longer wish to be an advocate of the aforementioned, the option of individual surrender is still open to them. Lastly, if you consider decisively winning a defensive war and appropriately reprimanding an alliance that had the audacity to attack your friends and allies with no justification as one of the "bad guy things", then you have bigger issues to concern yourself with than the future of the New Pacific Order.

The NPO has two options,

Their choice here is to either stand and fight as the warriors they have always portrayed themselves to be, or to pay for their continuing cowardice and hypocrisy.

It’s from this we may truly see the true nature of the New Pacific Order, and see if they are willing to let the lower strength members of their alliance to continue to suffer and be crushed while their ‘elite’ remains safe and sound within peace mode.

And if the NPO places so little value upon low strength nations, and continues to keep high level nations in peace mode, then what's stopping people from leaving the NPO or surrendering to Karma.

Edited by ShinRa

NPO is only not accepting terms so they can baw about how oppressive all the Karma alliances are after they blatantly ignore the ability to surrender now and in two months have a !@#$ton of reps they are then unable to pay, and then Karma is "omg oppressive and forcing war and reps we cannot pay!!!" etc.