ARES Announcement

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize to DT. A peace agreement between ARES and Avalon never existed. I never signed it, and the Views of Lord Kresden and his post Here are not the views of ARES as he was no longer in government when he posted this, thus having no authority to do so. I did not sign this treaty, but Kresden did what he felt was in ARES best intrests. When i said to Avalon I'll handle this in the morning when I wake up, I did'nt mean to give the treaty to a non-gov member to sign and post it.

I apologize to DT because I gave them my word, I'm a man of my word, and that might be the only credible thing about me is when i Say something, I mean it. I told DT we were in it til the end, and we will be there with them until the end. Again my deepest apologies to DT go out in this for all the confusion. If I say something, you bet your $@! I will stick by my word whether it's wrong or right.

DT, we're in this til the end.

tl;dr E-lawyers GDIAF, Peace between ARES-Avalon is Null and void.

It's always unfortunate to see these situations develop, but I can't blame you for sticking by your original word. Signatures are easily faked, and when they're posted by non-govt members on OWF, they should be considered highly suspect.

Good luck to our allies in ARES and DT. Keep up the good fight. Hopefully a real peace can be worked out soon.

Edited by Nelchael

An honorable move by our allies in ARES. As noble as Kresden's intentions might have been, usurping powers that he did not have, violating previous agreements made, and falsifying signatures is hardly the way to go. I hope that a real peace can be worked on between all of the involved parties, because a peace built on false pretenses is certainly no way to go.

o/ ARES

:( So when do ya plan on giving peace?

As far as I've gathered...

ARES gave their word to keep fighting Avalon as long as The Dark Templar is in the battle.

DT is too loyal an ally to give Avalon peace while their ally Poison Clan is fighting.

Avalon won't sign peace with Poison Clan while they are at war with The Phoenix Federation.

TPF refuses to sign peace terms and abandon NPO while they are at war with Karma.

Karma won't give peace to NPO until... it's anyone's guess at this point.

So it looks as though Avalon will have to wait a while longer, not for lack of honor by any of the participants in this long chain of love and war. Better to have cleared up your mistake immediately, Joe. It happens sometimes.

Edited by Penguin

ARES gave their word to keep fighting Avalon as long as The Dark Templar is in the battle.

DT is too loyal an ally to give Avalon peace while their ally Poison Clan is fighting.

Avalon won't sign peace with Poison Clan while they are at war with The Phoenix Federation.

TPF refuses to sign peace terms and abandon NPO while they are at war with Karma.

So it looks as though Avalon will have to wait a while longer, not for lack of honor by any of the participants in this long chain of love and war. Better to have cleared up your mistake immediately, Joe. It happens sometimes.

great summary well done.

Edited by mushi

i :wub: you

thanks Joe for clearing this up, if the treaty was true i would turn into Hulk and smash things :P

Edited by Fort Pitt

i thought ARES entered this war with Avalon in defend of your "Friends" at RAD

and since RAD has signed a peace treaty with Avalon why keep fighting Avalon ??

unless RAD peace thread is a joke too.. :rolleyes:

As Joe said in the OP, he made a promise to The Dark Templar that ARES would remain in the war as long as DT. You do not have to be allies to keep your word.

Edited by Penguin

As Joe said in the OP, he made a promise to The Dark Templar that ARES would remain in the war as long as DT. You do not have to be allies to keep your word.

well then maybe Mr Joe Stupid should use "his promise to DT" as a CB in his war declaration againts Avalon then..

not "his friendship" with RAD.. it confused some of us.. :)

well then maybe Mr Joe Stupid should use "his promise to DT" as a CB in his war declaration againts Avalon then..

After they entered the war with a completely valid CB they're not allowed to stay in it until they feel the war is over?

I think the bigger issue here is that ARES filled in section 67-b on form 2A-3 with numbers when it clearly was stated that it should be filled in with text.

While it is no question that ARES entered the war on behalf of RAD. It was DT that entered this war to help out our allies in PC and our friends in ARES and RAD. RAD wanted peace and we respected that, and asked ARES what they were going to do. ARES vowed that they would stay in the war until peace was reached. They said they would not turn their back on DT, and realized that we wouldn't turn ours on PC. Then there was their shocking peace agreement, and we were utterly disgusted by what was presumed to have taken place. Thankfully we were wrong, and Joe is now clearing up what has transpired. Please try to stay with us here, I realize it's a complicated situation. But the CB applied to the original declaration which was to assist ARES' ally, RAD. Now he's staying in for DT. That doesn't warrant a new CB, as it's a continuation to an existing conflict.

Joe, you handled this very well. It was the right thing to do when a mistake of that magnitude is made. Let me say that UINE stands behind you and offers any financial or tech aid if necessary. And, I AM in authority to say that on behalf of UINE.