House Atreides

NewFlag.png

By Order of the Duke, the House Atreides is established.

The House is a DUNE-themed alliance, lead by the Duke and assisted by his appointed Advisors. Those who serve the House with distinction will be rewarded with recognition and position within the alliance. All Loyalty within the House belongs to the Duke, however without the House the Duke is nothing. Every voice will be heard and considered from the most trusted advisor to the newest recruit.

Our primary goals are to encourage Citizenship within the Known Universe of CN and to encourage wisdom in all acts of war and peace.

We invite those who wish for a disciplined yet fair approach to governance and membership, also those who wish to pursue the expansion of their interaction with the world and people around them as well as the expansion of their individual Nations.

Be forewarned that our training regimen will require you to begin that pursuit, and will be required of ALL who apply to join the House no matter your nation's age or size. However, prior experience within the Known Universe of CN will assist in quickly completing your training.

You may view our entry on the CN Wiki at http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/House_Atreides. If you would like to join the House, please visit our forums at http://atreides.greengrassmo.com and visit the Central Processing area of our Administration Annex.

Signed this day by Duke Mindwerkz and Mentat Vanadrin Failing and sealed by the Ducal Signet.

SealSm.png

Few additional tidbits of info about House Atreides:

- We're not a strict RP alliance. While the spice does get into everything... even the food... We won't require you to be 'in-character' all the time. It's just there for flavour and atmosphere and to expand your enjoyment of the game. It is also there as a sort of guide to how our Leadership will conduct affairs.

- Room for promotion. Sure, the government positions are all filled, but knowing that upward motion in an alliance is what motivates the membership, we've got a solid yet flexible rank and medal system in place.

- Lots of Activity. For a small alliance, our members - and more importantly our leadership - are very active on the message boards. In case of emergency, our Swordmaster and Mentat even have direct contact information on our Duke to deal with any crisis that might emerge quickly and decisively.

- Mature membership. Our emphasis is on personal responsibility and wisdom in all acts of peace and war. Our education regimen was constructed to reflect this. We will not bribe new members into joining our alliance with anything other than a unique Alliance environment.

- Cautious Foreign Affairs. We'll be holding off on any treaties aside from our protectorate until we hit 50 members. At that point, we'd choose our allies carefully and only sign Optional treaties. We want allies who will follow us to battle because it's the Right Thing To Do, not simply out of obligation.

- REAL Leadership. At House Atreides, we not only have in-game experience in leadership, but real-world knowledge to back up and augment the House.

- Plans within Plans. We've also got long-term ambitions for the House and the patience to see it through... Not just packing it in and merging after a month.

To help, and to perhaps inspire our CN neighbors as well, here is an excerpt from our Library:

The REAL story is in a series of books that started in 1965. DUNE, DUNE Messiah, Children of DUNE, Heretics of DUNE and Chapterhouse DUNE. However, there have been three enjoyable DUNE movies published to date:

DUNE (1984) - (Trailer)

Frank Herbert's DUNE (2000) - (Trailer)

Children of DUNE (2003) - (

)

The first two tell approximately the same story, though Dino DeLaurentiis took considerable more artistic license with his 1984 version than is found in the 2000 Sci-Fi Miniseries. Children of DUNE is actually two of the books rolled into one: DUNE Messiah and Children of DUNE. There is a new DUNE movie in production for a 2010 release as well.

All three are worth seeing. It's a fantastic world, and though it's set in the far future (About 14,000 years from now) it's not laden with superfluous technology as one would expect from most Sci-Fi. In the World of DUNE, the development of the Body, Mind and Soul are the primary achievements.

Recruitment Pitch - July 26: "Find your Purpose!"

What do you look for in an alliance?

Active leadership? Check.

Cautious, yet decisive Foreign Affairs? Check.

Military Structure? Check.

Plans for the future other than simple growth? Check.

Join House Atreides. Jobs will be provided to qualified Nation Leaders. We're looking for folks interested in Military, Economics and General Strategic Theory to round out our ranks, and with our intent to max out around 50-100 members, you won't get lost in the shuffle. This mentality will provide you with something that very few alliances can promise: A purpose.

Interested in any of those topics? Training will be happily provided to encourage budding abilities by a leadership that boasts in-game and out-of-game experience in those fields.

We have big plans for the future of the House Atreides, and YOU can be a part of it.

Visit our message boards at http://atreides.greengrassmo.com and apply for membership today!

Edited by Vanadrin Failing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muad'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn. It's shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult. Muad'Dib knew that every experience carries its lesson.

- from The Humanity of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan

Edited by Vanadrin Failing

I'm am loyal to the MHA but I have to bump this for my name sake.

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.

Only I will remain.

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain."

- Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries by the Princess Irulan

I'm am loyal to the MHA but I have to bump this for my name sake.

No, you may not have our DNA for your Axolotl 'tanks'.

"Any road followed precisely to its end leads precisely nowhere. Climb the mountain just a little bit to test that it's a mountain. From the top of the mountain, you cannot see the mountain."

- Muad'Dib: Family Commentaries by the Princess Irulan

Way to get into the spirit of things, Vardaman! ^^d

"Education is no substitute for intelligence. That elusive quality is defined only in part by puzzle-solving ability. It is in the creation of new puzzles reflecting what your senses report that you round out the definitions."

- Mentat Text One (decto)

soo where is House Ordos? Harkonnen?

idk if i spelled those right...its been awhile since i played Dune 2000 :P

I actually haven't played that game, but I think Ordos were invented for Dune 2000. They weren't in the books. Harkkonen's style just... wouldn't fit. I may be ruthless at times, but it's only in favor of law. ^^;

If the Bene Gesserit wasn't a female-exclusive club, it would have been considered more closely. ;)

"There's no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves."

- Darwi Odrade