State of Peace

Cowards. You abandoned your brothers, sought a return to the conflict out of shame, and now abandon your confederates once again?

Shame on you. Kang had more honor than the lot of you yellow-bellied cowards.

You know, I thought the very same thing -- minus the Kang part -- but figured that in the current climate anything beyond 'congrats on white peace' would make too many waves.

Serves me right.

But seriously, Margrave, anyone who signs a treaty with OG in the future will now know just how valued said document will be.

Serves them right.

EDIT: Gatherum makes a good point. If they would like to avoid future trouble, OG and Vox should sit down and have a chat.

Edited by kingzog

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They canceled after maintaining that treaty suddenly seemed to put their precious infra in danger and tried to run. At least they came back, I'll give them that.

They never intended to run. It was supposed to be a wake up call for NPO.

They never intended to run. It was supposed to be a wake up call for NPO.

This made me laugh. They tried to run and they know it. Just like the rest of the CoC. They can try to dress it up, it just makes us despise us more. At least MCXA admitted their wrong and I respect them for it.

This made me laugh. They tried to run and they know it. Just like the rest of the CoC. They can try to dress it up, it just makes us despise us more. At least MCXA admitted their wrong and I respect them for it.

This is !@#$%^&*. They could have stayed on the sidelines just as easily with having a majority of Citadel fighting on the other side.

Oh yes? And what trouble does Vox intend for our friends in OG?

We have no specific plans for OG, and in fact, we intend, by war's end, to achieve peace with all of our opponents. If we are denied this, then I am afraid that we will be forced to continue our operations.

Keep in mind that, in the Old Guard front, we are on the defensive. It is OG's decision as to whether they desire for this to continue, or to end.

Edited by Gatherum

We were not too concerned with announcing it but since it has becoming a point of public concern just let it be known for the record that Vox Populi and Old Guard agreed to unconditional white peace a day prior to this here peace agreement.

So that's that. Gatherum should read the pinned thread in the Peoples' Basilica. :P

It also puzzled him as to why his own alliance, Vox Populi, did not appear to have been involved in these peace discussions, for they were still officially at war with Old Guard. Because of this, Old Guard is still technically involved in the current conflict.

You should know that Greenland specifically asked for peace for Vox and FAN. They had your back on this and only withdrew their request because the OBR wanted a simple armistice and not some large treaty with a ton of clauses dealing with things not directly related to the current battle.

Personally, I hope for a future where Vox walks openly amongst the populace of this world and receives their due credit for creating a movement to take back this game.

As for FAN, I doubt that they will be held down for much longer.

A MADP is effectively a merger of foreign policy and an expression of full and unconditional trust, compliance with, and endorsement of an alliance's goals and ideals including their offensive wars, making you complicit and responsible for that ally's actions regardless of the situation. Old Guard chose to have that level of treaty with NPO knowing full well the things NPO was willing to do and had done in the past and knowing full well that it could put them in a situation like this. That they have some mutual allies (who they hold, or at least had held, below NPO) with us doesn't change that fact.

I don't hate Old Guard or want to see them destroyed, I even have some old x-GPA friends there. I just don't think a full MADP with NPO should be ignored or their entering the war because of a MADP passed off as "just honoring a treaty." MADPs don't work that way.

You make loads of great points but sadly it seems as though they're all redundant just because OG are in Citadel. I guess the rhetoric about punishing the holders of high level treaties with the NPO for propping up their vile regime was just cheap talk designed to legitimate the power play in the eyes of the many.

Edited by Aimee Mann

We were not too concerned with announcing it but since it has becoming a point of public concern just let it be known for the record that Vox Populi and Old Guard agreed to unconditional white peace a day prior to this here peace agreement.

So that's that. Gatherum should read the pinned thread in the Peoples' Basilica. :P

I was waiting for you to come along with something like this. :lol:

Well, nevermind then. Mine apologies. :P

When they detest one of our close allies (Vanguard) and fight on the other side as us and our allies because they had a MADP with NPO who they hold above said allies, I don't feel the need for great sympathy. A MADP is effectively a merger of foreign policy and an expression of full and unconditional trust, compliance with, and endorsement of an alliance's goals and ideals including their offensive wars, making you complicit and responsible for that ally's actions regardless of the situation. Old Guard chose to have that level of treaty with NPO knowing full well the things NPO was willing to do and had done in the past and knowing full well that it could put them in a situation like this. That they have some mutual allies (who they hold, or at least had held, below NPO) with us doesn't change that fact.

I don't hate Old Guard or want to see them destroyed, I even have some old x-GPA friends there. I just don't think a full MADP with NPO should be ignored or their entering the war because of a MADP passed off as "just honoring a treaty." MADPs don't work that way.

This is a very valid point.

Oh, was it their idea then? Did they come to you and say "Gee you should drop the treaty and attack us"?

First: We were "Allies" the last time while in Q. The treaty we had was a ToA with no military ties.

Second: We met before the DoWs with IRON Gov and explained the mutual stances, both sides understood each others point and it was decided (mutually!) to even waive the cancellation period to handle things calm, quick and professionally.

Third: Everyone uninvolved trying to "accuse" us of anything about it makes himself look terribly stupid because he makes me come into the thread, making clear that he has absolutely no idea about the GRE-IRON relations, does not know what he talks about and actually forces me to make him look terribly stupid.

Don't make yourself looking terribly stupid! A friendly advice from a Gre Senior Member.

First: We were "Allies" the last time while in Q. The treaty we had was a ToA with no military ties.

Second: We met before the DoWs with IRON Gov and explained the mutual stances, both sides understood each others point and it was decided (mutually!) to even waive the cancellation period to handle things calm, quick and professionally.

Third: Everyone uninvolved trying to "accuse" us of anything about it makes himself look terribly stupid because he makes me come into the thread, making clear that he has absolutely no idea about the GRE-IRON relations, does not know what he talks about and actually forces me to make him look terribly stupid.

Don't make yourself looking terribly stupid! A friendly advice from a Gre Senior Member.

Oh, I think I know some things about Grämlins-IRON relations. It's just nice to see you admit these things.

Still, I have a strong dislike for people who cancel treaties during wartime. At least the two of you have that in common.

Oh, I think I know some things about Grämlins-IRON relations. It's just nice to see you admit these things.

Still, I have a strong dislike for people who cancel treaties during wartime. At least the two of you have that in common.

I have a strong dislike for e-lawyers, and for people who follow peices of paper over what is right and abandon their friends.

Edited by adhambek

I issue this public apology for my personal oversight in omitting The Dark Evolution signatures from the announcement. The fault is entirely my own and not reflective of any perception by The Order or any other parties to this specific agreement. The opening announcement has been corrected.

The Order entered this war in the defense of our allies in the Greenland Republic. Once the Old Guard came to us requesting peace be made and we were able to secure blanket peace from the attackers to relieve the Greenland forces our objective was thus accomplished. While I understand the objections noted in this discussion, that we secured such a amicable agreement should come as no surprise. We were very clear in our declaration of war and subsequent rules of engagement as to our intentions.

I would like to thank the Greenland Republic, the Dark Evolution, Christian Coalition of Countries, and Avalanche for their work with us to negotiate and accept this peace. I also congratulate each on their participation and engagement in this theater of conflict. That we were able to clear this path is a testament to the hard work and dedication of all the national leaders involved.

First: You fail again. I don't "admit" anything because there is nothing to "admit".

Second: What you claim to know or think you know is totally irrelevant because it is nothing but hollow words. Because I was present during some of these talks and actually have done some talking in there, my word beats yours by far. Because I know things, and you assume things.

Third: You judge an action "by default" without looking behind the way this action was done nor the reasons why it was done. Doing so is superficial and will lead to misinterpretation, wrong assumptions, saying stupid things in public and making me come to the thread making you look terribly stupid.

Don't make yourself looking terribly stupid! A friendly advice from someone who has just a lot more insight in what happened than you.

I would like to thank the Greenland Republic, the Dark Evolution, Christian Coalition of Countries, and Avalanche for their work with us to negotiate and accept this peace. I also congratulate each on their participation and engagement in this theater of conflict. That we were able to clear this path is a testament to the hard work and dedication of all the national leaders involved.

Kudos for this.