This Week in Pacifica

TWiPeace.jpg

cigar.jpg

Good evening, I'm your host Schattenmann, and this is TWiP: This Week in Peacemode; the newsjournal dedicated to bringing Pacifica--that shining beacon of hope--to the people.

This week, our comrades continue to fall as the world falls around Lady Pacifica's ears. SpecOps agents battling Vox insurgents afield this week suffered heavy losses on that front as they were stretched thin to also cover the direct threat of Citadel shock troops. Regulars on the Ordo Verde front have taken heavy fire on their backs and flanks as they are withdrawn to peacemode or redeployed to defend against the hordes of forces marching on Pacifican territories.

Desperate to defend Francograd, civilian leaders of the city have deployed the Moldavi Youth to man checkpoints and anti-aircraft batteries.

myouth02.jpg

myouth01.jpg

Moldavi Youth receive hasty weapons training at a camp outside Francograd.

Fresh (faced) Moldavi Youth stand assembled in Frawleyplatz, ready to defend Lady Pacifica.

Pacificans, friends, this week, we are in dire straits, indeed.

Early this week, as rationing tightened, citizens in Francograd--so long unused to sacrifice--demonstrated in the streets on multiple occassions. Lines for bread (already insufferably long due to the continuing wheat crisis) devolved into mad rushes for bread. At several distribution centers around the city, riots broke out, requiring Moldavi Youth deployment and heavy-handed response by those police not deployed to the front lines as conscripts.

Last night, as tensions rose within the city, aged veterans of the Great Patriotic War assembled at the Museum of Pacific History. Disgruntled both by the Emperor's clumsy rush into war, and neo-Francoist attempts to utilize memories of the GPW to rouse the Pacifican citizenry, the veterans planned to march from the museum, through the Franco Memorial (a pentagonal courtyard containing Francos' grave) and end at the Body Republic.

march.jpg
Francograd. The planned route of the Veterans of the GPW march.

As the GPW veterans--most now in their 60s and 70s--began their march in demonstration of their displeasure, enthusiastic Pacificans gathered along the path, waving Francos Banners and saluting Pacifica's heroes; these men who gave everything for Pacifica when she had nothing to offer but hope in the future, who gave everything with no expectation of repayment except a place in preserving Francos dream.

Some pushed in wheelchairs by their comrades, some wearing the very uniforms they celebrated victory in 45 years ago, these valiant men made their patriotic display in silence. Their columns proceeded as a ghostly presence--a reminder of Pacifica's glorious past and of its present shame.

riot02.jpg

Veterans of the GPW as they proceed from the Museum of Pacific History.

Banners read: We are not symbols of decadence. We are Pacifica's past.

But, to the Praetorian Guard unit still remaining in Fort Francograd, silence is more unsettling than uproar.

As the march reached the Koona district, the Praetorian Guard, who had taken up postition there, opened fire on Pacifica's Legacy. Despite Media Corps efforts to curb so-called negative/anti-Pacifican information and control news of the war, TWiP received this image of the massacre.

riot01.jpg

Early and, of course, unofficial accounts indicate that more than 200 veterans and onlookers were killed.

Comrade's, tonight I venture to say that Lady Pacifica is dead. As dead as the men who so long ago celebrated GPW victory in the very streets they were gunned down in; I wonder tonight if they would have fought then for what Pacifica is now.

Who's War?

As Pacifican regulars die on foreign soil, it seems that their government is content to watch and crack their whips from afar.

Tonight, fully 50% of the Pacifican government--IOs, High Command, and Council--are in peace mode.

Imperial Officers High Command Council

Bakunin

Philosopher

Koona

Frawley

Umbrae Noctem

DarkMistress

hawk_11

Sir Donald R Daemon

Millionario

Lord Strider

MariMassa

Lord Valleo

Zeta Defender

Lord of Destruction

Woodrow

Comrade Ash

This is an outrage to the men and women bearing the brunt of the Emperor's haste. It is an outrage to the image of Pacifica!

To these traitors to the Revolution, I quote the Emperor:

Peace is a lie

There is only passion

Through passion I gain strength

Through strength I gain power

Through power I gain victory

Through victory my chains are broken

The Force shall set me free

It has come to my attention that there are members of the Rebelling Brown Colony who are not embracing the passion that is within their souls.

This disturbs me deeply, for I have given all of the Brown Colony the chance to truly be free and be overrun with the passion within the souls of my storm troopers as well as within their own souls. I refuse to allow the members of the Brown Colony to miss the greatest event in their lives… the event that will set them free.

Today is the last day of April, and the Imperial Military Analysts have scribed the name of every GATO nation in peace mode. On May 3rd, they shall check their list and any nation still in peace mode shall only know peace or death.

Their nations shall become a prison, cut off from the world of trade, relations, and life. No system shall harbor them under penalty of war. No aid shall be given under penalty of death. Long after the Brown Rebellion is put down, those that refused to fight will continue to struggle in this world.

Be it Ordered this 30th day of April, 2008

Emperor Revenge

New [Pacific] Order

So it is, in the Emperor's honor, in service to him, in adherance to his teachings, that one year later to the day, this last day of April 2009 I, the Vox Pacifica, hold accountable to him all those Pacificans who shirk their duty, who shed their honor, who rebel against the August Revolution:

raymando

sabynp

dcalm

gessika

Lord Makfly

ISACK13

SupaPakMan

John Xiong

drvol1

willywilly69

soccerstar almighty

Killerspades

Blood Mistress Cat

Ankur

fivewarrior

Gama1

MaRiNa

Luciano Gavino

UTOLSO

MidhavDarkskull

weasle1

Overlord

dado13dado

solo09

Schneider

Lizette

markedisonchua

shwypn

klaudius

simon cordeiro

Stormyhill

jonis

zzmod

Dirar

MrMoonX

Tanatos

alexg

crysk

yerena

Crunch

Paidhima

Queen Vashj

Lucius Noctis

Applezors

EricDRed

MotorCityBadBoy

MasterCommander

Aries Vexic

Oppe98

Duke of Windsor

Jack La Reaper

evulfuson

Lodev

Wa Mu

Lord Squintus

ToyotaVallejo

Qazzian

Overlord Zorak

Imperial Emperor

James Crazy Gates

Darknecromance

Toshimiru Suzuki

PrinceCaspian

mrcrowley429

Zeon Gryhawk

FiremandDave

rapmanej

TheCapo

hawk_11

King Dave the Wicked

MaskofBlue

myuser

Iceknave

mashkoor

micdascrip

Conrad

maguro

Saturos

King William

lord to the gizzle

Tony_Gunz

Col Stolychnia

Dukerocks123

LRA King

polishsausage

JUSTER

Guy Incognito

Bobby Fischer

Gateborg

Hedgehog

jimjr

Lenin the second

bakamitai

DarthCommander5167

Mikhail Moldavi

SkiingGuru1611

Theo The Leo

Lord of Destruction

Anhur

Maximus Augustus

Thomas Richmond

Sterling Campbell

Sir Knight

Romanov IV

BuffaloWingman

Horatio Longworth

Emperor SVB

Troger

Geoffron X

JonBoy16

Zinger SSS

PRESIDENT GNARKILL

keenu

Sweedland

Atahualpa Pachautec

Gerris

y2jonathan

Niloc Notgnirrah

Borya

ConTagion

ConTagion

Demetrus

andit13

Slywolfe

Roman

Litha Riddle

Nuclea Disasta

Imperial Musicalia

Lord Black

Me101

Kinky Kahn

stiggy

Kevin the Great

kazza

yohon

Epsilon

neko_antoniou

Sam Vimes

mythos1453

Lord Valleo

Uncle B

Samuelus Scipius

kernzi

Mangrod

ExoByte

azndude1

Killerbankz

megagun

Feuersturm

Jasmines Jewels

James Smith

Tojamn

Elegarth

assassin322

mchasal

il7thangel

Woodrow

Xantha

ALEXit

Elendil

RedXIII

SaltarLagarto

AlbertSpeer

sable

hahne59

ModestMark

Paul I

DeMoNiX

Moriar

Grimmfang

kstew

John Edward

LooseCannon

ALdbeign

ASHKETCHUM135

FreezerBite

Ursarkar E Creed

Xylez

Hatterson

Henkie

Stanger

DFrawley

lemur

WirWar

SchenaRahII

branimir

King Gerry

Slovotsky

Lenadius

kewlleo

Millionario

eclipse363

Koona

Akira

BigChris

KingEsus

ChileRelleno

Lord Strider

Umbrae Noctem

THE Bandit

bobsanders

David14259

THE Bandit

MarkNH

Letum

Sludgemonkey

Kenny the Microwave

Aleksandrov

Viluin

Azure

Zeta Defender

Teeters

DarkMistress

Echostorm

MrShadow

Julian the Apostate

Llednar Twem

Philosopher

Comrade Gabriel

stured

Choker

GTTofAK

Jermtheworm

Guido

Magus Rules

Arcades057

lordtyrion

LiTHiUM0480

Seti Cruncher

Kingdom of Dark

FreezerBite

Ursarkar E Creed

Master Splinter

Peruse their names, let the memory of their treachery be written on your hearts, Pacificans who sacrifice. Remember Arcade057, the boastful FAN and GOONS traitor. Remember Mask of Blue, favored because of her relationship with Zhadum. Remember bobsanders, a stranger in our home. Remember Branimir and Ursarkar, so brave on paper. Remember them all. Remember where they were while you were bleeding on the battlefield.

Collectible Sig

In the spirit of this week's issue, our collectible sig is from peacemode warrior Comrade Gabriel ("Bakunin"):

2ezpylh.png

That's TWiP on this, the 9th day of the new world. I am your Vox Pacifica saying good night, and good luck.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chart with the NPO leaders is listing those in peace mode or those out of it?

Thanks for bringing up what the NPO did to GATO. I would never criticize an alliance using peace mode in a war, except for this one time. I'm not sure that the NPO's love of double standards has ever been more well illustrated.