A Notice From DiCE

A Public Service Announcement from the DECK OF INTERNATIONAL CARD EXPERTS, DiCE

So here's the gist of things.

Two days ago, on April 25, two nations from the alliance: "The Brotherhood of Nod" attacked DiCE. In case you don't know who they are, they are a small NPO protectorate.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Brotherhood_of_Nod

So it made sense, why they were attacking, considering that DiCE has been at war with Pacifica ever since the war got hot on the 21st.

We rallied up our forces to defend against these nations. But then, they sent us a message regarding their intent to stop fighting, because they had grown frustrated with their alliance, who gave them little to no assistance in their attack on DiCE. I told them that I could not simply let them off the hook, because they were combatants on the side of Hegemony within this larger global conflict. I made it clear to them that they had three options if they wanted to stop fighting DiCE:

1) Become a Karma POW

2) Become an independent DiCE POW

3) Leave Nod (and hence leave the side of the Hegemony) and join a special DiCE volunteers alliance, then to fight alongside DiCE on the side of Karma against The Brotherhood of Nod.

They agreed to the third option and are now under the protection of DiCE, fighting against their former comrades.

Now I know what some of you are thinking.

THIS IS F-ING SNIPING!!!!!

So, to ensure that nobody goes ballistics over this and that DiCE retains its credibility, I will now go into detail about why this is not sniping. If you aren't interested you can skip this section.

------------------------------------------------------------------

From my understanding sniping means the forcing of people to fight for you as mercenaries, or to force them into joining a certain alliance of yours.

Why this is not the case here.

Firstly, allow me to explain the circumstances for both sides here. For DiCE, we have little desire to keep prisoners, as we are at war and we can always use more hands to help in our fight. For these two individuals, surrendering is no fun, but the opportunity to continue fighting against the Nod guys who they dislike is FUN! So as you can see here, both parties are benefiting and are getting exactly what they want out of this agreement.

Now, to the meat of my explanation, I would like to explain why in detail why these two nations were not "sniped" or "poached".

First of all, they were not taken out of Nod and put directly into DiCE's services. If you check their wars, you can see internal fighting between them and other Nod members, thus suggesting that their alliance is a mess and that these two were only de jure members of Nod at the time. In addition they both requested peace from us after a while of fighting and renounced Nod. Thus, they were, in a way, already outside of Nod when they decided to join us, hence, it was not a direct "snipe" or "poach" straight out of a loyal alliance member.

To better explain how they switched sides:

1. They were part of the Brotherhood of Nod and attacking DiCE (on the side of the Hegemony)

2. They asked for peace, were attacked by some other Nod nation, effectively meaning that they had left Nod (became neutral nations in the war)

3. They accept an offer to join DiCE as volunteer fighters (on the side of Karma in the war)

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, these two nations did this out of their own free will and we never threatened them into doing this.

We gave them three options and they chose number 3. All the other options were legitimate and just, since they were fighting on the opposite side of this war, and we were under an obligation to make them surrender if they continued to associate themselves with an enemy alliance. However, by selecting the third option, they freed themselves from the alliance to join this side.

We did not threaten them in an illegitimate manner. We simply said that, if you don't pick one of these options, we'll keep attacking you. This is a legitimate "threat", since we are at war with them and if they don't surrender then what do we do? We'll keep attacking and fighting. It's just like if you're fighting someone and you request them to surrender and if they don't you'll keep fighting. Now how is that a threat???

I must also emphasize the fact that they had 3 options. They had every right to pick one of the first two, and they would have been of no service to DiCE. However, they choose 3, and are thus now, fighting for DiCE, under our authority.

Lastly, no, we aren't holding them hostage. Technically they can leave mercenary service whenever they want, as long as they become either Karma or DiCE POWs. When the war is over, they can go their own ways, without having to become POWs (or if they want they may stay with us).

Hence, it is rather dubious to refer to these two as "mercenaries" at all. They are much more like volunteers, leaving their old, disliked alliance and joining in the services of another for the time being. We aren't even paying them, they agreed to volunteer alongside us for nothing, they are only in it for the fight.

Sorry, for the messiness. That should cover everything.

---------------- End of Explanation ------------------------------

Ok. Now to continue.

Now these are the two nations, I have been talking about:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=234773

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=234744

They are now DiCE volunteer fighters. Please treat them as regular combatants within the Karma War.

Now, next on the agenda, in a related matter...

A Confirmation of War

dicewarflag.png

I would like to formally recognize a state of war between the Deck of International Card Experts and the Brotherhood of Nod. For three reasons:

1) They have attacked us and have been warring with us for quite some time now (even when we minus the nations I listed above).

2) They have conspired against DiCE, under the authority of the NPO.

3) They are a protectorate of the NPO and we happen to be at war with the NPO.

Expect DiCE nations, in addition to our volunteers, to be launching extensive hostilities against them soon.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Edited by capitalC

Hmm, given the facts presented, and, despite being enemies, I don't think I begrudge DiCE here; you see an advantage in war, you take it. On the other hand, I hope those side-switchers live out the rest of their cyber lives in shame and ignominy.

hahahahha i remember them two when i was MOD in MHA.

I would watch them closley Dice, trust me on that one.

They seem alright to me, but nonetheless, advice noted.

Edited by capitalC

When I started reading this I was prepared to make an angry post aimed at DiCE but after reading it all I think it was handled nicely by DiCE and I can honestly not see anything wrong with this.

Your support is well appreciated. Especially by me, the OP. :D