Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

For the times they are a-changin'.

That’s right folks, this week was huge. We witnessed the beginning of what could be the biggest war in CN history, NPO getting hit by massive odds, and severe cowardice. So without further adieu, I give you Trashcat’s Corner:

TORN, Oh TORN, Funny How Things Change

Well this week was a terrible week for TORN as they witnessed cancellations on a level that I have never seen. Everyone from VE to GOD canceled on TORN this week as they approached their war with OV. What does this show? Well it shows that finally public opinion is doing something in CN. The fact is, the war was not approved and they went through with it anyway, and this is what you get. I, for one, welcome an age where people actually think before letting someone act like an idiot and its refreshing to see the treaty web opened up just a little bit. However, well get into the war later.

Switching Sides and Taking Names

Well LoSS made headlines this week when they announced that they were basically cancelling on all of One Vision and co. while signing treaties with Nemesis and people on the side now known as “Karma.” The announcement received mixed reviews, from people claiming this was cowardice to others claiming that this was brave. My opinion? LoSS you should have done this 8 months ago. However, I think its better late then never and it is refreshing to see people finally recognizing when they are being used. I honestly don’t think anyone here can say that 1V ever really cared about LoSS. However, I do feel sorry for people like Zenith, who I really do think cared about LoSS. It’s a shame you were on the other side, and your treaty got hit in the cross fire. One thing I can be sure of is the next months are going to be very trying for LoSS, since this move will no doubt effect their FA departments and their alliance as a whole. Good luck LoSS, I think you’ll need it.

A Wild Mpol Appears

Well I’ll be damned, mpol is back. After all my years in CN I never thought Id see this day. That’s right, this week we witnessed the return of the legendary leader of FAN, as well as the most commonly listed name of the “Most Missed Posters” list. I think everyone agrees that this arrival will improve the game because, to be honest, I think we all missed the cuddly gun nut a little bit. Seriously its great to see a good poster and role player back in action. Tip of the hat to you mpol, now just get FAN free and you’ll really make my day.

300movie02.jpg

(Image by TheAUT)

Yeah, I Wouldn’t Want to Be In Q Either

The Continuum had the worst week ever since it witnessed withdrawals from MHA, TOP, and Sparta. This final flight from the failing bloc marks its fall from grace as the soul super power in this game losing a substantial amount of Nation Strength. I think most are really happy to see the game finally forming sides again and I praise the people who left for making the tough, but right, decision. You guys chose to stand by your friends and not take naked aggression and I think that’s something we can all respect, regardless of side. Tip of my hat to you guys.

The New GOONS Is Quite Literally Something Awful

The title says it all, and I don’t mean that to be a pun. The alliance that has taken up the GOONS banner this week is a sham and Ill be the first to say it. You guys may claim to be something different, and that’s probably true, but you cant expect people to respect you coming into this game and defiling the memories of our lost comrades. Seriously, I have never been so disappointed by an alliance return. Then you went and treatied the two alliances most responsible for your death? I mean NpO may have changed, but NPO is the exact same thing. What you did is equivalent of someone forming an alliance called the Vermillion Entente (lol) a month after Viridicide and signing an MADP with GGA while claiming that you are different so their old members should be offended. I’ve got my eyes on you GOONS.

Valhalla… Hypocrites… THIS IS MADNESS!

Ill keep this short but Valhalla made me laugh this week so I figured Id point it out. Valhalla hit peace mode with some 90% of their alliance this week and then complained when people made fun of them for using peace mode as a tactic. Seriously guys, do you already remember what you said to STA? I mean STA did the same thing in the last war and you accused them of turtling and being cowards. Now you are doing it yourselves? Yeah, I lold. Tip of my hat to Valhalla.

Order of the Black Rose Comes Out of Retirement

OBR announced this week that they would be dissolving their long standing treaty with half of CN and thus were exiting from independence. They rejoined the political scene after a long period of being independent by signing with the Greenland Republic, an announcement I was very pleased to see. I think we all at least respect, or even love, OBR so I don’t see how anyone can complain. Welcome back to politics guys, its nice to have you back.

Vox Populi Gets Some Love

Vox saw some peace this week when it signed a white peace agreement with the German Empire, marking one alliance of their list of people they are fighting. I personally hope this war will bring about peace for all of Vox, and end this ridiculous conflict. My hats off to you Vox, I hope to see many more announcements just like this in the weeks to come.

deck9563815.jpg

(Image by rsoxbronco1 of Athens)

NPO and TORN Do a “No, No”

Well, I think its about time we get to the good stuff. NPO and TORN declared war on OV this week claiming that they received information on NPO’s warchest requirements. What exactly happened, was an OV member was offered screens of NPO war chest requirements and looked at them. Now, the debate soon turned into, is this a valid CB? What I mean by debate is that it quickly became a useless “no u” argument with so many logical fallacies that I couldn’t even count. Magicpirate made the biggest entrance in this debate, posting so often that my head began to spin. It soon got even better when it was shown that the only way NPO got the info on OV was through the exact same means of “spying” that they were actively condemning. However, the events only got better when logs were seen of Moo claiming that everyone receives information, just point out the hypocrisy of it all and making the whole thing hilarious. What really marked the highlight of the whole thing was NPO and TORN declaring on OV during peace negotiations. They had just proposed a solution when the declarations started pouring in, and everyone celebrated. However, TOP was not pleased. Now, apparently TOP had been invited to mediate the situation, and was of course massively insulted when it came out that the meetings were just a stall tactic. I have a question. If there is a wildcard that is still in the middle, and you want him on your side, what do you do? Do you: A. Act in a way that makes them think you are looking out for them, B. Attack them, or C. Take a shot at their pride by completely slapping them in the face. Well, apparently NPO thought the answer was C and acted accordingly. Well played good sirs.

TORN Backs Out

The situation only got funnier when soon after the war started, TORN agreed to surrender and left NPO behind. Now, this was done due to logs of NPO trying to achieve a cease fire and leave TORN to die, essentially, “throwing them under the bus.” TORN then stated that they had no desire to fight for an alliance that wouldn’t do the same for them and signed a quick peace. I still don’t agree with this move, as I think TORN still deserved a thrashing over their unjust attacks on OV. However, they will be paying reps, so I suppose that will have to do. So basically, the initial complainer who started the whole thing got out before anyone even attack, and NPO is now getting completely destroyed. Man, this week has been bizarre.

MHA and ODN Set An Interesting Precedent

This week witnessed a very interesting precedent being set by ODN and MHA, who both announced that theyd be ignoring the obligations to treaties they had on one side of the conflict. While this is done all the time (see: Every war ever) it has never actually been announced in such a public fashion. It was humorous seeing all the alliances trolling them for not “honoring” their treaties, especially considering that they all cancelled themselves anyway. However, what really makes it funny is almost all of these alliances did the same thing in the last war, I guess they just don’t like it being done to them. Seriously, every war people choose a side and have to ignore their obligations to the others, you do it all the time yourselves, they just announced it and made it clear where they stood. I really don’t understand what the fuss is about, I actually think its polite because at least you arnt going to be relying on them until they surprise you. However, it will be interesting to see how this precedent goes for future wars.

propagandad.jpg

(Image by jstep)

For Lack of Better Words: NPO Gets Its !@#$ Wrecked

Im going to be blunt: Pay back is a !@#$%*. The NPO got hit with just about half of CN this week, seeing entrances from VE, FOK, Greenland Republic, and many more prominent alliances. Simply put: NPO got attacked by everyone and their mother. The reason: Unjust treatment of the OV war as well as past transgressions. The blitz was fierce and the war is still raging and I think we all know that nuclear escalation shall begin tonight. The side opposing NPO has claimed the name of “Karma” symbolizing that this opposition is just NPO “getting what it deserves” for its past actions. The bloc made several alliances making its stance clear about the war on NPO and has picked up many popular figureheads like Archon of MK. The other side has yet to claim a name besides “The Hegemony.”

likeaboss.gif

(Image by Treygreen13 of Fark)

NPO cried that Karma had done the same thing to them by proposing peace talks and then attacking, but upon closer look this is in fact false. Karma had tried to come to terms with NPO but they kept stalling and wasting time on the clauses, trying to clearly prevent the attack from happening when it was planned. However, it soon became clear that NPO was using the peace talks to move more of their nations to peace mode, a show of extremely poor faith. You guys knew what you were doing, don’t try to spin it, just take the war and lets do this thing. On a side note, NPO this is what you get. You made a lot of enemies and burned a lot of bridges and this is how that goes down. Even if Karma does loose I hope you look at the broken bones you receive from what has already been an extremely damaging war and remember the wrongs you committed. Good luck to all those involved, Im with you.

Even I Felt A Little Dirty

I don’t really know where to begin on this part but Im just going to start. Soon after NPO got declared on, IRON, MCXA, OG, NATO, GGA, Valhalla, and TPF all canceled their MADP’s with NPO claiming they didn’t want to die for an alliance that wouldn’t back them up. However, all these alliances had their treaties activated before the cancellation, and either way the treaties are still active through the cancellation period anyway. Not to mention most of these alliances are still obligated through Q or One Vision and should enter through this treaty anyway. There is a lot of debate over what exactly is going down and the most promising so far, from the boards and overall talk, is this: They cancelled the treaties hoping to avoid the war, hints Mhawk leaving because he swore hed never not follow a treaty. However, seeing the reaction that the public gave they have since changed their minds and are going to go through with it anyway. Expect attacks to commence tonight. I honestly hope that the night of hell has convinced them that their course is not the right one. I have no doubt that you guys have realized how foolish you are for doing this and have changed your mind following Echelon’s lead, who reconsidered their decision late last night and declared.

HOWEVER, if this is not a ruse, and you all did in fact betray Pacifica, the alliance that raised or saved most of you (Looking at you GGA) then I am absolutely baffled. You are all !@#$@#$ cowards if this is the truth. If I just witnessed the major players of this game refuse to activate an activated MADP then I would say that last night was the lowest this game will ever reach. This literally would mark the final degradation of this game and the most painful example of how far the leaders of this world have fallen. So many of you claimed in the last war that you would do the same if you were in our position. So many of you claimed honor didn’t just exist on our side because you had friendship too. Yet, here you are, cancelling on your long time ally on the day of battle, letting them get 300 nations anarchied, letting them get destroyed. You are all liars and cowards and you should be ashamed. What do you think will happen after this? No one is going to retreaty you, no one is going to help you, no one is going to save you. Don’t you remember what you did to NpO? You picked off their allies one by one until you got to them. If NpO had stood with its allies earlier, it may have had more support, but it decided not to. Have you already forgotten this lesson? I have never felt bad for NPO in my entire CN career until last night. They have wronged me so many times, but not even they deserve this. No one deserves this level of betrayal. This is not how a king dies. If this betrayal is real, you will pay for it. People will hunt you, people will find you, and people will kill you. Humans go to jail. Dogs get put down.

tornlapdog.jpg

(Image by Drostan)

WTF NUKES

Just as a side note, if the cowards do actually come to bat for their friends, the estimated number of nukes in this war is around 70,000. Holy !@#$. Seriously, I think its worth starting just to see Planet Bob turn green.

MK2small.png

(Image by Krull)

God Speed Mhawk, You Rolled That Hard Six

Mhawk, the ex-Leader of TPF, left TPF last night when it became clear that they would not be honoring their treaty with NPO. Mhawk has long since claimed that he will never break a treaty, and he is following that tonight with the creation of Elysium, clearly in the defense of NPO. He was soon joined by theAUT who also left to defend his friends. HOWEVER, in a rapid change of events, mhawk returned the next day to TPF when they demanded he return. TPF then declared war in the middle of the day. I, for one, welcome some honor in my CN. Way to do it rite Mhawk. I salute you.

So that’s it for this week guys, thanks for reading. Im afraid I don’t have an interview this week, I just didn’t have the time to throw one in. To be honest though, I don’t even feel this week needs one, this has been commentary enough. Next week Ill have mhawk on for the interview. As always, I leave you with the shout outs of the week.

Announcement of the Week Goes to…

Karma! Archon’s skills as a writer are unmatched, and it was seriously the top of his game.

Alliance of the Week Goes to…

NPO! Seriously, you guys deserve it.

consequences_sig1.png

(Image by Anonymous)

Joke of the Week Goes to…

GGA! After all they’ve done for you, all your failures, you drop your treaty with them. You know they’d die for you, especially after all they’ve done to try to save your failure of an alliance.

Meme of the Week Goes to…

Magicpirate for “Needs a stern talking to”! Seriously, that’s gonna be around for a while.

Most Hated Meme of the Week Goes to…

Posting this will get me warned.! Seriously, I made a category just to show how much I hate it. That says a lot.

Shout of the Week Goes to…

TheAUT! You’ve been protecting your side like a beast, no matter how you feel about the subject. No one can doubt your loyalty.

Poster of the Week Goes to…

Archon! You have made several announcements and posts that have been wowing. Good job man.

deck960503.jpg

(Image by rsoxbronco1 of Athens)

Player of the Week Goes to…

Mhawk! You did in fact roll the hard six. Hopefully your allies will follow your example and do whats right.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic