An Open Letter to New Pacific Order

zzzptm

An old man appears on the screen... he looks vaguely familiar... He is Sarkar Zzzptm, former leader of Himynamistan...

sarkar191.jpg

NPO's recent actions have been, to say the least, sketchy.

TORN canceled on NPO because of the war with Ordo Verde and NPO's conduct in it. Many other NPO allies canceled before the war or shortly after it began. The war was engineered to manipulate the politics of the world. Many alliances are crying for the blood of NPO.

In honesty, it is not NPO that has done these things, but the government of NPO.

Over a year ago, I managed to make a huge mistake of a lesser magnitude than this, but of similar circumstances. I resigned my leadership position and left my alliance because I did not want them to be devastated for my poor judgment. I did not retain any admin access to the forums of my former alliance, and I left for Peace Mode Island. I'm still here on Peace Mode Island, never to rule again. No alliance, not even my own nation.

My alliance faced some difficulty, but no consequence of grave and terrible dimension. They rose and fell on their own merits and did not face collective responsibility for my actions.

NPO, your allies have sent you clear messages that they no longer accept what your leadership has done. If anything, your leaders should leave NPO, never to return. It's the right thing to do. They should apologize, profusely, and accept that there are those here who will never forgive or forget what you have done. Accept their criticism and even abuse with grace, humility, and a realization you have brought it on yourself.

Stay on, and you endanger your entire alliance. That is unnecessary and irresponsible. Do the right thing and resign. Life here on Peace Mode Island is fine. FAN's got a compound that will soon be vacated, I understand... At any rate, give it some thought. Do the right thing and regain respect.

Do the wrong thing and the abuse, derision, and suffering will be worse than it needs to be. That's not a threat, because I have no way to deliver it. It's an observation.

I'm going to go back to the beach now. I'm an old man, and I have no more time for these things. I just wanted to offer some help to people in distress. I hope you're wise enough to accept it.

The picture fades to black... world news comes on... more riots in the streets of Francograd...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: To be fair, I was planning on completely leaving the game soon anyway. I haven't actively played for more then a week or two at a time since the end of last summer. Also, when I finish my thesis this week, I might send you a copy to read :P

OOC: To be fair, I was planning on completely leaving the game soon anyway. I haven't actively played for more then a week or two at a time since the end of last summer. Also, when I finish my thesis this week, I might send you a copy to read :P

Haha insert quote here about they never leave

OOC: Would be fun to read.

Absolution will be given when alliances are destroyed not when gov't is taken out. Alliances always have a particular bias and thinking process when made, they are based around it and their members will always go off a specific mentality, if a alliance in CN must die because the overwhelming majority of the CN thinks it should, the alliance should go down itself, not its gov't.

NPO needs to relive GW1, they thought they coulda controlled their sanctioned status as the #1 alliance with aggressive diplomacy, unfortunately for them, it has backfired. Should any NPO nation want to seriously reconsider his/her position, im sure the resignation thread is open.

EDIT : Posting this will get me warned.

Edited by energizer

With apologies to Joe:

Zzzptm had been born too late and too mediocre. Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them. With Zzzptm it had been all three. Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitable stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.

Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl turns away from the television...

"He's a sad old man, really. A sad old man that found some happiness."

The Speaker of Defense shook his head. "Well, he's just one man, speaking his mind."

"Exactly. We're all one man at one point in time or another. But we all have freedom. More than ever before."

The Speaker asked, "Say, Zzzptm? [ooc]Is this in the right forum?[/ooc]"

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that last part there?"

"Never mind. I can't explain it to you properly..." The Speaker of Defense looked back at the television. "Do you think he's really happy?"

Zzzptm nodded. "I think so. He's got far fewer cares there. He always did try to do the right thing, no matter what."

"Will it impact our nation? Our alliance?"

"Shouldn't. To his enemies, he's just an old fool. To his friends, a tragic figure. Everyone else doesn't know him. He speaks only for himself, not us, not our alliance, not any alliance, really... he just speaks for himself..."

Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl looked out over the Zzzptmacan skyline... Will I ever just be speaking for myself one day?