The Consensus? War

Daily updated stats of The Karma vs Hegemony War

All stats are done on Google Doc's, sheet one stats sheet two timeline:

Link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pBn...BSEEA&gid=0

If anyone needs to no what Consensus means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus

or best put "Tyranny of the Majority"

Day 4 added

The usual alliance disclaimer applies and also I could do with one person to help with updating

-Tox

Don't Forget to say thanks

Edited by toxinn

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consensus is the opposite of the fictitious idea of the "tyranny of the majority." It implies that all people come to a decision. In practice consensus decision making means that determined minorities willing not to back down, force the people with the best arguments in the group, who are able to sway the most people, to accommodate to them. Since this is a war, to call it a consensus is ludicrous. Wars are the supreme announcement of division. If anything, this should be called the "tyranny of the majority" war, as the majority clearly wants to see NPO crushed.

However I don't like the term tyranny of the majority myself as it is essentially an elitist idea, but I have no ideas anyway so meh.

Thanks for the statistics though!

Well, the blitz failed to anarchy any OV members outright. One TORN and 46 NPO anarchies, but most likely those were a result of pre-war conditions.

Actually there are quite a lot of OV members in anarchy, those AA stats just don't update in real time.

I just manually calculated them 41 OV members out of 44 in warmode (approximately cause I didn't really count so carefully) were in anarchy.

Actually there are quite a lot of OV members in anarchy, those AA stats just don't update in real time.

I just manually calculated them 41 OV members out of 44 in warmode (approximately cause I didn't really count so carefully) were in anarchy.

http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?Pag...&Strength2=

Gives me 31 results.

Consensus is the opposite of the fictitious idea of the "tyranny of the majority." It implies that all people come to a decision. In practice consensus decision making means that determined minorities willing not to back down, force the people with the best arguments in the group, who are able to sway the most people, to accommodate to them. Since this is a war, to call it a consensus is ludicrous. Wars are the supreme announcement of division. If anything, this should be called the "tyranny of the majority" war, as the majority clearly wants to see NPO crushed.

However I don't like the term tyranny of the majority myself as it is essentially an elitist idea, but I have no ideas anyway so meh.

Thanks for the statistics though!

hence the ? at the end to show that the censensus that existed ie acceptance of NPO's power has crumbled and it will not exist again in the cyberverse until one side overcomes the other.

So its 27mil vs 47mil.

I don't see this to be the curb stomping everyone makes out to be... w/e, I have been gone too long to understand all of it.

Yeah thanks for the states its puts perspective on how the war is still pretty close despite al the death to NPO rhetoric going on