A bug in defeat alert?

Un4Gvn1

Hello.

I launched a nuclear attack as the first battle action of the day (yesterday); the second action was a ground battle. It should have been a defeat alert unless there is a variety of defeat alert that does zero damage?

If I understand the term correctly, a Defeat Alert is issued when a defending nation has less than 5% odds ... and the aggressor has 95% or higher odds on a ground battle.

I am looking for the explanation to understand why this was not a defeat alert (image below).

It was my first ground battle attempt of the day.

There was no ingame message sent to the defender regarding a defeat. There was no damage done.

TwistedDefeatAlert.jpg

"If an attacker is unable to battle a defending nation because the defending soldier numbers are too low the defender will automatically be placed into Anarchy, up to 5 defending spies may be killed, 5% or up to 10 technology levels, 20% or up to 40 infrastructure levels, and 5% or up to $5 million in money may be destroyed (not stolen)."

link

Does this mean that there is a defeat alert that does zero damage? ...

Or does this mean it is a bug?

I've also had this issue come up once during our war two days ago I think. I attacked once with 94% odds, raised it to 95% odds, then spied Peggy Sue's Defcon to 4, and got her to 96%. However it gave the same message without the real defeat alert damage being done. I had to then drop guerrilla camps and attack again at 95%. I was moving quickly to make sure she couldn't attack back so no time for a screenshot. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

EDIT: Also these attacks were all made before a nuclear attack.

Edited by TwistedRebelDB47

From my experience raids (defeat alert messages) do not happen under certain conditions.

If ANY ground attacks have occurred against the target nation before you get the notice then you cannot get the raid.

If any other nations involved in the war have already gotten a raid against the target then you cannot.

And it appears that nuclear attacks also void all raids for that day as well. It has been a long time since my last nuclear war, but I believe that is normal.

I have found that the best thing to do is to try to ground attack before anything else to be sure that you get the raid and do not accidentally void it some how.

Edit: All the above applies within the same update obviously.

Edited by Slashes-With-Claws

From my experience raids (defeat alert messages) do not happen under certain conditions.

If ANY ground attacks have occurred against the target nation before you get the notice then you cannot get the raid.

Edit: All the above applies within the same update obviously.

Well, this isn't right. I've had times where I used my first ground attack normally, had my second ground attack become a defeat alert due to the defender having less than 5% odds and then adjust my deployment and launch my second ground attack normally now that the defender had odds of 5% or greater for a total of two ground attacks and a defeat alert all on the same day.

Well, this isn't right. I've had times where I used my first ground attack normally, had my second ground attack become a defeat alert due to the defender having less than 5% odds and then adjust my deployment and launch my second ground attack normally now that the defender had odds of 5% or greater for a total of two ground attacks and a defeat alert all on the same day.

Odd, I never seem to get it to work that way.

Maybe there IS a bug somewhere.

Edited by Slashes-With-Claws

Yes, I've gotten in two ground battles along with a defeat alert on the same day ... It happened in two separate wars last fall.

This just happened to me - 96% odds first attack, no DA.

Your situation is slightly different to Peggy in that your opponent has 2 guys at war with him, so the other guy could have sent a DA before you... but I'm sure you thought of that before posting...

I dunno, Right now I'm picuring admin down in the control room with a big bag of hamster food feverishly trying to keep the Hamsters nourished enough to keep turining the wheels that drive th CN servers... :P So he may not get to this for a bit...