I.B.C Special Report: Situation Report in Central Asia

Lord Frost

Imperial Broadcasting Company

Live in Central Asia, formerly Altin Urda...

*Camera switches to a Russian man in a field suit*

smlissues04082807.jpg

Hello there I am Yan Petrovich, standing here in Tashkent, the former capital of the now defunct Altin Urda. The Imperial Guard has allowed the I.B.C to internationally broadcast this special report on the state of Central Asia. Not only will the I.B.C be presenting a look at the poor state of things, but I will also be reporting the Imperial Guard's own report on how bad things are out here. We've been filming and looking around for the past 24 hours and things are not good at all; in fact I'd say things are deteriorating fast. I'm now going to go over the major issues here, just for you viewers. Things may become graphic, and it is advised that small children be allowed to leave the room.

Economy

Largest%20Asian%20slum.jpg

This is the average former Altin Urdan neighborhood. If you go to all the suburbs and towns and villages, this is what you will see. Only those favored by the former Khan live in the apartments and homes that make up the Inner Cities. The government's constant militarization plans and expansion have absolutely destroyed the economy, leaving people with no electricity, homes, food, some without even water. Imperial Guard Intelligence, which had been gathering intel on the government for a while now, shows that the former Altin Urdan government spent little to no effort at all on industrialization, choosing to use what little industry was already in place, leaving millions out of work. Most have turned to some form of farming or some kind of craft-work in order to support their families

*Camera looks over to a lonely child, surrounded by all of her possessions*

Living_in_th_open_01.jpg

Unsurprisingly, the Altin Urdan Military seems to have received the most of the budget; their troops sporting weapons and equipment that would suggest modernization and affluence, though clearly the story is otherwise. Right now the Imperial Army is still engaged in skirmishes with those who refuse to lay down their arms and return to their homes. None of these former soldiers seem to have realized that back home their families and loved ones are suffering.

Location and Relocation

*camera reverts back to Yan, and he and the cameraman begin walking down the street*

Over there

*Yan points and in the distance mountains can be seen*

38web.jpg

Over there are the Tien Shan Mountains. Imperial Guard Intelligence discovered several mentions of a tunneling project up in this range, and when investigated, found several Labor Camps and tunneling equipment at the base of a few of those mountains. These labor camps are filled with Political Prisoners and Han Chinese and anyone not of Turkic or Mongolian descent. These people refused to leave their homes when the Altin Urdan government demanded they leave.

IMG_4212.jpg

To make matters even more depressing for these people have had their lives stolen for them, their state of living is even worse then those who are free in this desperate country. Many have already died from malnutrition, plain starvation, thirst, and a deadly array of diseases. To top it all off, they were being replaced.

Altin Urda had been attempting to relocate the remnants of the Kyokujitsan people into Altin Urda, some 190,000 survivors that made it to Korea during the Nuclear destruction of their homeland. This has the Imperial Guard worried that a Kyokujitsan terrorist leader may be behind Altin Urda's devestation

What can YOU do to help?

The Empire is already taking steps to revive the region and bring it out of desolation. Food and supplies are being shipped to the worst of the areas even as I speak. Prisoners are being released and returned to their homes, while the Kyokujitsans are going to be resettled in Manchuria. Millions of Han Chinese and others need to be returned to their rightful homes in Central Asia and Mongolia. The Imperial Guard will be blasting shut the attempted tunneling operations, and construction teams are being allocated to Central Asia.

The Empire puts out a formal request to the Asian Economic Organization and the White Cross to provide assistance throughout former Altin Urda.

I'm Yan Petrovich, reporting to you live from Tashkent, and I may have more coming soon as the situation developes

Edited by Lord Frost

A vote is being passed right now with haste to come to these people's aid. Before the vote will pass though, the Commonwealth will dedicate all of our yearly Humanitarian fund to the Altin Urdic people. I hope that this area will become stable again, even if it means expansion from other countries in the region. Anarchy provides nothing for anyone and we must return Asian stability, this should be our highest goal.