Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

Well, in case there wasn't enough good news tonight.

The end of one stage of the relationship between the Global Alliance and the New Pacific Order has simply solidified the desire to see a permanent friendship emerge from this experience. Over the past four months serving as Assembly Chair and watching members of both alliances work together and relax together, I can say with some confidence that such a friendship is now more possible than ever. On that note, I am proud to present this treaty of friendship between the Global Alliance and the New Pacific Order.

To a new period of peace and amity!

This treaty is between the alliances of Global Alliance and Treaty Organization (GATO) and the New Pacific Order (NPO) with the intention of further ensuring the safety, security and prosperity of the membership of each alliance. It also serves as a symbol of the continually improving friendship, loyalty and bond shared between the two alliances.

Article I: Sovereignty

It must be understood that both alliances shall remain sovereign and independent organizations. Either organization undertaking action (aggressive or defensive) against other entities not included in this agreement does so without implication of the other signatory.

Article II: Non-Aggression

No member of either signatory alliance may participate in, support, or condone military action against any member within the corresponding signatory. If a member nation of either signatory alliance is found to have done this, they will be ordered to offer peace within 24 hours of the initial notification, and pay reparations equivalent to the total damages inflicted. Failure to follow these protocols will result in the expulsion of the offending member.

Article III: Mutual respect

The membership of each signatory commit to remaining civil towards each other at all times, particularly in public channels, but also in private. Friendship and good humor shall prevail throughout any communications.

Article IV: Friendship

The signatory alliances and their members will treat each other with as much respect and decency as they would their own members. Healthy debate, discussion, and constructive criticism are not restricted, but alliance members are expected to show tact and consideration when addressing any grievances, namely by making full use of proper diplomatic channels, and never attempting to make public spectacles out of private matters. Any information gathered by one of the signatories with potential impact on the security of the other shall be promptly and privately forwarded to them, so long as it conflicts with no other treaties or obligations.

Article V: Assistance

Both signatories agree that neither is legally bound to grant request of military or financial aid form the other. Both signatories are encouraged to do so in the interest of friendship and building a healthy diplomatic relation, however requests may be denied with or without reason.

Article VI: Espionage

Both signed alliances agree that under no circumstances shall either signatory alliance engage in espionage against the other. Further, should a signatory receive information that points towards a possible leak in another signatory's security, this information must be shared and discussed immediately.

Article VII - Termination

Termination of this pact requires 48 hours notice.

Signed:

New Pacific Order:

Emperor Revenge

Divine Bovine Overlord

New Pacific Order

Cows with Guns

Moo-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin' to $%&@ With

GATO

MTTezla, Assembly Chairman

Kevlar, Minister of Foreign Affairs

JMKeynes, Minister of Finance

Manis_B, Minister of Domestic Affairs

Wootmeister, Minister of Defense

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't something I couldn't imagine seeing back in the day. Times do change, hopefully this is the start of a fruitful partnership. Congrats again to GATO on freedom.

EDIT: And the verbal thrashing GATO is getting in this thread amuses me. Poor show.

Edited by bigwoody

I look forward to engaging in our friendship with GATO as equals.

I'm puzzled by those who call these terms "forced." No one forced GATO to accept these terms. They are free to make any treaties they wish and do all Things and Acts which alliances may do.