Model World Congress signup

Generalissimo

Yoriko, a mousy almost unnoticeable wallflower, is desperately trying to get someone to join her proposed school club. With at least four students and maybe a faculty adviser the Model World Congress would be an official student organization, with school sanction and maybe even a clubroom. Today was Yoriko’s third day of at a Model World Congress table in the halls next to an elaborately constructed cardboard display and a stack of untouched flyers, but still no one had bothered to talk to her.

Her previous attempts of forming an international diplomacy club had always failed, but this semester things were going to be different.

After the Model LUEited Nations fiasco no one joined her Model League of Nations last year or her Model United Nations the year before. But this year someone, anyone, would have to come to her Model World Congress.

Edited by Generalissimo

Out Of Character Stuff:

Model World Congress is supposed teach students about the World Congress, world governments, and international diplomacy through a simulation of international diplomacy modeled after the World Congress organization.

Each student plays the role of a nation’s diplomat or the representative of an intergovernmental organization.

Unfortunately the simulation quickly goes off the rails and is constantly plagued by godmodding, implausible technology, and unrealistic nation responses.

Model World Congress is intended to be a parody of CNRP, with students playing Model Un-esque versions of current or past CNRP entities.

The Model World Congress roleplay takes place in a generic high school or similar institute of secondary education in an undefined location/country.

Students may be of any acceptable CNRP background, but of appropriate secondary education age.

Edited by Generalissimo

OOC: Hmm...I'll take a stab at it.

IC: Johann was a Sophomore (OOC: SP?/OOC) bored out of his skull. Oh, not that the work was hard. It was incredibly easy. That was the problem. He had tried doing others homework for pay, but that got old quick. They got tired of being reminded that the small, slightly overweigh kid with huge galsses probably had an IQ twice their own.

So now he was looking for something to do during lunchtime--and he happened to notice the display. Wandering over to the table, he picked up a flyer. Hmm...this looked like it would be interesting...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Little Mikey was just coming back from his failed track and field tryouts. "Hmmm," he thought, "maybe me not making the football, basketball, hockey, soccer, swimming, golf and tennis teams weren't flukes."

Mikey was the definition of average. He was in the middle for class rank, middle for athletic skill, middle for popularity, middle for everything. While walking out of the locker room, he saw a green flyer. "Hmmm, model world congress," he said to himself, reading out loud, "hey, that might be fun. Oh and its first meeting is today! I guess I'll check it out, I don't have to stay if I don't want to." Mikey walked into the room, and only saw two people who he barely recognized. "Oh boy," he thought to himself sarcastically, "we're off to a great start."

OOC: I have a cousin named little mikey T_T

IC: Yoriko's in it? Might as well.

Evan instantly snatched up a flier. He was a constant overachiever - played football, made straight As, outscored the seniors on the ACT and had a rugged beard to boot. Unfortunately, he was also slightly overweight (well you have to to play on the d-line) and was socially awkward when he wasn't goofing off. He smiled and walked to the first meeting of the Model World Congress.

"Ahoy!"

By the end of lunch Yoriko somehow had enough signatures for school sanction, and even a clubroom, even if it was somewhat disheartening most of the apparent activity at her makeshift booth happed while she was getting lunch.

The few people interested seemed nice enough, and first meeting of Model World Congress would actually have attendance.

Unfortunately the new arrivals all seemed to think she was somehow in charge, and would expect her to say something. Addressing a crowd (how is two people a crowd?) was uncomfortable enough, but if anything was going to happen, Yoriko was going to have to take initiative.

I’m Yoriko. . . Er. . . W.w… Welcome Model World Congress, a student organization dedicated to the study of international diplomacy through a simulation of international diplomacy modeled after the World Congress organization. Every member will take the role of a country’s (or organization’s) representative and we’ll work through various scenarios, if we can get enough people, otherwise we'll have to come up with something else.

Any Questions?"

Edited by Generalissimo

Cassandro was a rather odd individual. Despite being a popular individual in the school, scoring very high in both artistic and academic courses, being a gifted soccer player, having a good-looking and dedicated girlfriend, being an only son to parents actively engaged in the oil business, having been offered scholarships to top-notch universities that would cover all his expenses throughout his whole undergraduate tenure - and overall, being a highly blessed teenager...

...he thought he did not have enough. It was not that he didn't have enough belongings, love and whatnot - he felt he had no real power. Sure, he could get most people he knew to do what he wanted, but what's the fun in that? Cassandro thought big - he wanted to command and be loved by millions upon millions at once.

Now, that'd be kickass, though the young man as he read over the Model World Congress's flier. It might be his first step towards power and influence. He had no doubts - he made his way to the room where the MWC's meeting would take place and joined the other students who were there aa well.

Patrick slowly walked into the room, in another fit of wandering. He was a bit restless, despite knowing everything he would do for the day already. He was the kind of guy you could walk past every day, but never really talk to, or even see. He was always detached in class, zoning out for parts, but inhumanly attentive to others, and with a bad habit of random outbursts and actions. He was never interested in sports, despite having extreme natural ability to do so. Everyone who did take notice to him was always a bit shocked, something about his appearance, but he didn't care either way what people thought about him.

The junior with a dark ski mask on stepped into the room, and in a heavy, Scandinavian accent said, "This Model world congress, yes?"

OOC: Implied to be one of Komeil's several children :awesome:

[Yoriko, noting the new arrivals, hands out a piece of paper and pen]

“Let’s get started then. It’s rather simple, just write down what nation or international organization you want to represent, any legitimate group that has existed since 2005, first come first serve. Oh, and I won’t be representing any country, but will be moderating as Administrator-General of the MWC.”

Out of Character:

Any nation or group you ever roleplayed in CNRP and preCNRP on the CyberNations forums is entirely acceptable.

Edited by Generalissimo

Cassandro had no doubt of the words he would jot down. When he thought of "powerful nation that never had a super awesome ruler like myself so I can look strong yet unique", the first nation that appeared on his mind was "Viniland". Therefore, he wrote such words on the paper and placed his name on the top and returned it to Yoriko.

Mikey had no real preference on which country to represent, so he would let fate decide. He took a large piece of masking tape, rolled it into a sticky ball, turned around, and threw it at the map behind him. "Now, where did it go," he thought to himself, "not North or South America, not Europe, not in Africa either... ah, there it is." He took off the tape and looked at the country. "Hmm, Marscurian Empire. Well, I guess I have some wikipedia-ing to do tonight."

A rather tall child dressed in dark-gray jeans and a hooded jacket approached the table. His hoodie was evenly divided into two halves straight down the middle, white and black. Checkered designs flared out from the point of contact between the two opposing colors. The hood was drawn up, obscuring the teen's face.

He strode purposely to the table and held a hand out expectantly. When given a paper he turned and looked at the map, writing down three letters in the process.

IoA.

By the end of lunch Yoriko somehow had enough signatures for school sanction, and even a clubroom, even if it was somewhat disheartening most of the apparent activity at her makeshift booth happed while she was getting lunch.

The few people interested seemed nice enough, and first meeting of Model World Congress would actually have attendance.

Unfortunately the new arrivals all seemed to think she was somehow in charge, and would expect her to say something. Addressing a crowd (how is two people a crowd?) was uncomfortable enough, but if anything was going to happen, Yoriko was going to have to take initiative.

"I'm Yoriko. . . Er. . . W.w… Welcome Model World Congress, a student organization dedicated to the study of international diplomacy through a simulation of international diplomacy modeled after the World Congress organization. Every member will take the role of a country's (or organization's) representative and we'll work through various scenarios, if we can get enough people, otherwise we'll have to come up with something else.

Any Questions?"

Johann shook his head. it seemed fairly straighforward. He casually assessed his fellow students as they came in.

OOC: Someone be the Hansa! :P
OOC: Someone for the love of god, do Imperial Wellington!

OOC: if you want them done, you'll have to do them yourselves... :P

[Yoriko, noting the new arrivals, hands out a piece of paper and pen]

"Let's get started then. It's rather simple, just write down what nation or international organization you want to represent, any legitimate group that has existed since 2005, first come first serve. Oh, and I won't be representing any country, but will be moderating as Administrator-General of the MWC."

Out of Character:

Any nation or group you ever roleplayed in CNRP and preCNRP on the CyberNations forums is entirely acceptable.

Hmm. he'd always been an advocate of the rights every human being should possess from the moment they were born. It wasn't that hard to pick a nation based on that. His finger instantly went to Promised Land on the map, and he wrote his choice down.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[now that it seemed everyone had settled in Yoriko finished addressing the assembled students]

“Thanks for coming to Model World Congress, I didn’t dare anticipate doing this well on the first day. The initial plan was to spend our first week recruiting, but as we’ve already exceeded those projections we can start club activities tomorrow.

If it’s all right with all of you I propose we meet officially twice a week in consideration to those with otherwise conflicting activity schedules.

I’d prefer to at least do something for the school festival, but otherwise we carry on as high or low as our mutual ambition from just hanging out in the clubroom to a booth at the upcoming Great Exposition.

If you’ve already filled out the form there’s nothing else planned for today, if not try to prepare a nation for next week, assuming you choose to continue attending – don’t consider this an open ended obligation.”

Out of Character Response:

OOC: Is there going to be a seperate thread for this when it starts or is it going to stay in this?
I don't know yet, this thread was originally created to establish Model World Congress and introduce everyone’s characters, once the MWC is adequately established we’ll try spin-off threads. Edited by Generalissimo

Ryan walked through the halls from the office. This was the 7th time this month he was arrested for being truant. The new game he discovered was very addicting. All he did was play Cybernations and CNRP instead of going to class. His straight 'F' report card proved it quite nicely. He walked into a room which he thought was his own. Instead he saw a room full of people he'd never even seen and took a seat in the back...

Ryan walked through the halls from the office. This was the 7th time this month he was arrested for being truant. The new game he discovered was very addicting. All he did was play Cybernations and CNRP instead of going to class. His straight 'F' report card proved it quite nicely. He walked into a room which he thought was his own. Instead he saw a room full of people he'd never even seen and took a seat in the back...

Johann, noticing the new boy hadn't done anything after walking in, took the flier he still had and walked past the boy's desk on his way out, dropping the flier on it.

At the door, he turned back to speak to the girl in charge. "I look forward to participating in this," he said, smiling.