Protected Nation

Can someone from GGA confirm or deny that an ex-member (meaning no longer a member of GGA) had a vote in the expulsion of shaneprice? I'm really curious about this.

Some guys already said who it was, but in my opinion, if they wanted to go looking outside the alliance, they should've went to Jonathan Brookbank. ;)

I am quite embarrassed that I know nothing about this... Shaneprice. As everybody seem to hold him in high esteem I just hope to have in the future an opportunity to fill this gap in my knowledge.

I am also appalled at seeing these many people attacking the GGA. IMHO that alliance has done very little, as of lately, to deserve public derision... In fact, they did very little tout court.

Many critics probably just feel that they are not risking anything (in respect to other alliances they carefully restrain from commenting over...)

It isn't very impressive as a show.

I'm appalled at seeing this many people supporting the GGA. IMHO that alliance just made one of the biggest mistakes in it's recent history...

Throwing out a damn fine leader because he's looking out for the best interests of the alliance is... nothing short of total and complete failure. How could anyone support that? I know I can't. I don't think anyone with a level head could support this atrocity.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's what I heard as well. Granted I'm no expert on the charter of the GGA, but I know they needed an Elder Statesman and no other was around aside from ironchef. Although I do believe she is no longer one due to the fact she left the alliance, but then again, I am no expert on the charter of the GGA. Either way, if I were a GGA member I wouldn't be pleased at the amount of foreign involvement that I hear was a part of, and to an extent may have pushed, the expulsion. Then again, what I hear is only rumors. I am hearing that the next Tattler will be covering this sometime tonight though, so I guess we'll all know then.

RV, I think she left Valhalla to join the GGA to do it.

RV, I think she left Valhalla to join the GGA to do it.

I see. Seems like she is in the GGA right now. Still seems like a loophole to me as if she wanted she could have returned to Valhalla immediately after voting, creating foreign involvement in every way aside from a legal perspective. But still, although it is legal, if I were a GGA member it would leave a sour taste in my mouth seeing an ex-member be allowed to return and immediately be granted the right to vote on this issue. The whole thing seems messy.

Let's be serious here, shaneprice isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. It's hilarious that he was expelled for his last announcement but let's not get carried away with ourselves, it's not hard to be better than degenerate - I think we can set the bar a little higher to deserve the praise he's getting in this thread.

I must say I am getting a chuckle out of this as well, as GGA does not really have any great leaders at the moment. Regardless, shaneprice was one of the better ones they had. But still, that doesn't change the reasons why he was expelled. From what I am hearing he thought it would be in the best interests of his alliance to distance it from its allies, or at the very least change the path the GGA is on. All of this is said in private channels, however, foreign alliances were informed and then intervened, pushing for shaneprice's expulsion. Basically this entire situation says nothing except that the GGA is not allowed to determined its own foreign policy. Am I to believe that GGA is not a sovereign alliance? I believe that is the reason questions are being raised. Not over who was expelled by the reasons why that person was expelled.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Dear Planet Bob,

I come to speak with an opinion on this here thread. Although many a bright mind have posted their own strong opinions about shaneprice's leaving of the Grand Global Alliance, and then the open trolling and dissing of said alliance, there are reasons that such a member left. Do not think that he was "kicked out" under "stupid reasons". He was let go for he committed a vile act. Shaneprice was convicted of speaking out against the New Pacific Order and also suggesting that the Grand Global Alliance "leave" OneVision. Now one may think that these reasons are "pathetic", but put your alliance in the shoes of the Grand Global Alliance. How would you take it if a member of leadership were to speak out against an ally who has stuck by your alliance since it's birth, or in this case "rebirth"? With that said, shaneprice was given the option to either leave with a partial good note, or be kicked. I, as Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance, stand by the decisions of our leadership. Shaneprice nearly brought war to the Grand Global Alliance with his little "outburst". Think about it.

~Dephire, Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance.

Is this a joke?

I sincerely hope so.

Dear Planet Bob,

I come to speak with an opinion on this here thread. Although many a bright mind have posted their own strong opinions about shaneprice's leaving of the Grand Global Alliance, and then the open trolling and dissing of said alliance, there are reasons that such a member left. Do not think that he was "kicked out" under "stupid reasons". He was let go for he committed a vile act. Shaneprice was convicted of speaking out against the New Pacific Order as well as IRON and also suggesting that the Grand Global Alliance "leave" OneVision. Now one may think that these reasons are "pathetic", but put your alliance in the shoes of the Grand Global Alliance. How would you take it if a member of leadership were to speak out against an ally who has stuck by your alliance since it's birth, or in this case "rebirth"? With that said, shaneprice was given the option to either leave with a partial good note, or be kicked. I, as Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance, stand by the decisions of our leadership. Shaneprice nearly brought war to the Grand Global Alliance with his little "outburst". Think about it.

By god we'll squash that freedom of speech or die trying! o/

Dear Planet Bob,

I come to speak with an opinion on this here thread. Although many a bright mind have posted their own strong opinions about shaneprice's leaving of the Grand Global Alliance, and then the open trolling and dissing of said alliance, there are reasons that such a member left. Do not think that he was "kicked out" under "stupid reasons". He was let go for he committed a vile act. Shaneprice was convicted of speaking out against the New Pacific Order as well as IRON and also suggesting that the Grand Global Alliance "leave" OneVision. Now one may think that these reasons are "pathetic", but put your alliance in the shoes of the Grand Global Alliance. How would you take it if a member of leadership were to speak out against an ally who has stuck by your alliance since it's birth, or in this case "rebirth"? With that said, shaneprice was given the option to either leave with a partial good note, or be kicked. I, as Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance, stand by the decisions of our leadership. Shaneprice nearly brought war to the Grand Global Alliance with his little "outburst". Think about it.

You're spinning in the wrong direction. Might want to look into that.

Let's be serious here, shaneprice isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. It's hilarious that he was expelled for his last announcement but let's not get carried away with ourselves, it's not hard to be better than degenerate - I think we can set the bar a little higher to deserve the praise he's getting in this thread.

lol, you think Shane got kicked out for that PZI announcement.

Dear Planet Bob,

This is what's wrong with GGA and what makes this situation tragically hilarious.

Here we have a member of the GGA government stating that when a Triumvir of a sovereign alliance makes determinations about the foreign relations of his alliance that are contrary to the desires of current allies, then that Triumvir is committing "vile acts" and is a criminal (as implied by the statement that he was "convicted").

Why even have an alliance under those circumstances? Why don't you just join NPO if you are more committed to defending NPO than you are to the integrity and sovereignty of your own alliance?

It's stupid for you to remain in the GGA, and for anyone that thinks like you to continue to be in the GGA. You care more about GGA's allies than you do about GGA, you give more authority to external governments than to your own triumvirate. It's $@!-grabbery of the finest calibre, and as long as it goes on GGA will continue to be the biggest joke of a horse's $@! alliance on the planet.

Edited by Schattenmann

Dear Planet Bob,

Why should GGA have to live in fear of its allies? Are you so lacking in any ability or modicum of free thought that you cannot comprehend a world without 1V? Shane offered you a different path. He was tired of you being constantly taken advantage of. And now you let a stranger into your ranks. You have let your government be taken over by your "allies", who feared someone who could actually think for themselves.

If you remain an ally of the NPO only to avoid being rolled, then I sincerely suggest that you reevaluate your relationship.

Dear Planet Bob,

did you just seriously admit that the GGA has no spine?

man this thread keeps getting better and better

Dear Planet Bob,

Having an opinion is illegal?

Dear Planet Bob,

Oh my. Was this supposed to vindicate the expulsion?

GGA merges into NPO in 3...2...1...

Edited by Choader

Do not think that he was "kicked out" under "stupid reasons". He was let go for he committed a vile act. Shaneprice was convicted of speaking out against the New Pacific Order as well as IRON and also suggesting that the Grand Global Alliance "leave" OneVision.

Did I read that right?

Dear Planet Bob,

Say what...? I wouldn't consider expressing a distaste for some of the actions of your allies "vile."

Oh my god. So you are confirming the rumours as your official line? You don't realise how ridiculous it makes your alliance look that a Triumvir is not allowed to express contrary views without being kicked out of the alliance?

There are three triumvirs for a reason: so that one of them can't make a rash decision on his own. If you believed Shane to be suggesting something which would be a mistake, then argue against it and convince him that he is making a mistake. Since Shane has now gone to Viridia, he is clearly not a simple rabid anti-NPO or anti-IRON automaton. How can you hope to run an alliance well if even your Triumvirs are not permitted to think for themselves?

Perhaps you are the IGV after all.

Edit: I must learn to type faster <_<. Nine people beat me to the punch.

Edited by Bob Janova

Dear Planet Bob,

I come to speak with an opinion on this here thread. Although many a bright mind have posted their own strong opinions about shaneprice's leaving of the Grand Global Alliance, and then the open trolling and dissing of said alliance, there are reasons that such a member left. Do not think that he was "kicked out" under "stupid reasons". He was let go for he committed a vile act. Shaneprice was convicted of speaking out against the New Pacific Order and also suggesting that the Grand Global Alliance "leave" OneVision. Now one may think that these reasons are "pathetic", but put your alliance in the shoes of the Grand Global Alliance. How would you take it if a member of leadership were to speak out against an ally who has stuck by your alliance since it's birth, or in this case "rebirth"? With that said, shaneprice was given the option to either leave with a partial good note, or be kicked. I, as Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance, stand by the decisions of our leadership. Shaneprice nearly brought war to the Grand Global Alliance with his little "outburst". Think about it.

So turning the Grand Global Alliance into something besides a puppet alliance (Which this action proves is the case) is a bad thing? The GGA has not been successful under the wing of the NPO. I do not see a problem with exploring the options that the alliance has.

You mentioned war. With who? The NPO? They would attack you if you decided to change things up a bit?

I wouldn't put it past them, but really, would you expect war if you decided to put your alliance ahead of your allies? You're not abandoning them in war or anything. You're just going to go do your own thing.

Individualism is dead within One Vision.

Dear Planet Bob,

God forbid that someone should speak their mind.

Dear Planet Bob,

This is my new favorite post. Here's why in numbered list form.

1. Holy crap, you are literate!!!

2. The bolded stuff. Suggesting that your alliance grow a backbone and act like a sovereign alliance is a vile act? Alliances are in One Vision to either control or be controlled. GGA is not controlling anyone. The fact that this is a crime in the GGA only further explains your rapid drop in membership and leadership.

3. The fact that you admit that he "nearly brought war to the Grand Global Alliance" for suggesting that maybe the GGA leave a bloc says wonders about said bloc. Again, doing no favors to the GGA nor One Vision and further proving point 2 to be correct.

4. My alliance has been in the shoes of the GGA. How did I feel? I did as I always do and listened to said government members opinion and considered it. Perhaps I disagreed with said member, and advised him of such. Perhaps I agreed with him and acted on it. I sure didn't boot him from the alliance for having an original thought.

On behalf of all who know that the GGA is a shell of an alliance with no spine and no spirit, thank you for showing us how right we are.

Oh my god. So you are confirming the rumours as your official line? You don't realise how ridiculous it makes your alliance look that a Triumvir is not allowed to express contrary views without being kicked out of the alliance?

There are three triumvirs for a reason: so that one of them can't make a rash decision on his own. If you believed Shane to be suggesting something which would be a mistake, then argue against it and convince him that he is making a mistake. Since Shane has now gone to Viridia, he is clearly not a simple rabid anti-NPO or anti-IRON automaton. How can you hope to run an alliance well if even your Triumvirs are not permitted to think for themselves?

Perhaps you are the IGV after all.

Edit: I must learn to type faster <_<. Nine people beat me to the punch.

QFT. This looks absolutely ridiculous.

Dear Planet Bob,

No joke?