The Mando'ade warriors...

Subtleknifewielder

The Mando'ade were a unique society, not being of one race, but rather three distinct sets of genetics, a blending between the mythical beings known as elves, and the more mundane hominids called humans. There were full humans, full elves, but intermarriage between the races was not all that uncommon.

It so happened that this last set were the ones most suited to exploration and, if necessary, combat, despite not inheriting the progious elven strength. From their Elven ancestors, they inherited grace, agility, and the ability to figure out how to best blend in with their surroundings. From their human ancestors, cleverness and inventiveness, the ability to improvise, and most imprtant of all--a near complete resistance to the metal known as ne'tra kyr'am beskar (literally translated as 'black death metal'), meaning they were capable of handling weapons and machinery.

In addition to these inherited traits, their unique blending had produced a mild form of telepathy that allowed them to communicate with each other over short distances (a few feet), a trait found in neither pure humans or pure elves. For longer distances, they of course had to resort to simply talking, or an invention called the 'radio transmitter,' a device stolent from the hated Dwarves and improved upon (as much of their technology had been) to increase its range.

Though a goodly number always stayed behind in and around their capital city of Keldabe to guard against attack from the Dwarves and their machine creations, there were always at the very least several hundred of this warrior caste out exploring beyond the woodlands and forests, into the shrublands, grasslands, deserts, and outback, pushing back the furthest boundaries of known territory--and on the lookout for their enemies.

Speaking of the Dwarves, the enmity there had begun with the Dwarves' utter disregard for the environment whenever they moved in and began mining and other industrial operations. Of course, diplomatic approaches had been sought when it was found their operations in Mando'ade territory were doing exactly the same thing, but these were shrugged off. Disagreements soon gave way to quarrels, and a small party of warriors carried out a covert attack on one such facility. The attack was not sanctioned by the ruling caste, but it nevertheless sparked a decades-long war that had now reached a stalemate--but that was not to last...

OOC: I'll bet it won't take long for someone to figure out where I took the name of MY society from... :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: My cookie earning is Durasum!

That is the only word I remember, got a link to a website with said language?

OOC: Actually, I just got most of the words off wookieepedia.com. I'm not going to be using the full language, but the speech IS going to contain sprinklings of their phrases. I can't remember the exact name of the article...

OOC:Competition For Australia Then?

You Win Subtle :P

OOC: Actually, it'll be three-way. Someone else is going to be expanding into Queensland. This should be interesting, to say the least. And I don;t intend to take New South Wales OR Victoria. you can have them...

But if you want to capitulate this early in the game, be my guest... ;)

OOC: Actually, it'll be three-way. Someone else is going to be expanding into Queensland. This should be interesting, to say the least. And I don;t intend to take New South Wales OR Victoria. you can have them...

But if you want to capitulate this early in the game, be my guest... ;)

OOC:Ohh Nice. Im After NSW and Costal Vic. And As for the Capitulation.... We'll see after our borders meet :P

ooc: Important note. See rules for bold section. New update that all need to be aware of. While we are being inclusive of new species, the laws of physics have not changed hardly any if ata ll from CNRP. Magic is not allowed. Vampirism and Lycanthropy are going to be treated in a specific non-magical fashion. Telepathy is possible, but must be explainable by potential biological systems including the use of pheromones for communication or minds communication on VERY SHORT RANGE.. (3ft max) Electromagnetic frequencies.. that may be potentially decoded and intercepted if known.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: Important note. See rules for bold section. New update that all need to be aware of. While we are being inclusive of new species, the laws of physics have not changed hardly any if ata ll from CNRP. Magic is not allowed. Vampirism and Lycanthropy are going to be treated in a specific non-magical fashion. Telepathy is possible, but must be explainable by potential biological systems including the use of pheromones for communication or minds communication on VERY SHORT RANGE.. (3ft max) Electromagnetic frequencies.. that may be potentially decoded and intercepted if known.

OOC: Changed--and reponded to via PM.

Commander Cody looked down on the Dwarven encampment from the top of a nearby tree. He blended in so well a chameleoon would be jealous, and he'd used several other tricks to ensure any other means of detection they had would be fooled.

As usual, they had started campfires without taking any care to ensure it wouldn't get out of control. It was a wonder any of the fires hadn't spread already. those would have to be dealt with as soon as this group was taken care of.

Two feet below him, he sliently sent the message to his messenger, focusing solely on that man. 'Surround the camp, but be on the lookout for anything suspicious. They're being too obvious. When everyone is in place, send in a platoon of volunteers to spring any traps.'

He didn't need to worry about whether or not his command would be obeyed--the vode he commanded had fought with him for years, ambushing parties just like this, and even engaging in an open battle once. Though they had lost that encounter, for some reason they didn't seem to blame him for the losses they'd suffered that day.

Just as he was finishing the musing, the platoon silently rushed the camp, first taking out the eight obvious sentries. Once these were dealt with, they moved to kill those who were sleeping--only to be caught in a floodlight.

Ten were immediately cut down by a manned weapon that sounded like a firearm of some sort, only firing at a much faster rate--the shots blurred together in his ears. (OOC: A machine gun turret. They haven't seen one before....OOC) Several of the seemingly-asleep forms lept up as if that were a signal, brandishing arms that fired in much the same manner as the other weapon. By sheer luck, five of the 38-man platoon made it back to the trees, but of those, two were severely wounded. It was just as well, then, that he hadn't sent in more, or the slaughter would have been worse.

He lined up his rifle on the stationary weapon, taking out the gunner before he knew he had been targetted. At that, the rest of his men opened up from hidden positions; the Dwarves had no idea where the fire was coming from, and fired off blindly into the surrounding foliage, actually getting a couple lucky kills before they were cut down. It was almost over before it had started.

But now the butcher's bill had to be tallied, and these weapons had to be taken back for analysis. As he bent down to ensure the turret gunner was really dead, he got a good look at the soldier's face for the first time. He was beardless? The dwarves were sending out their adu, their children, to fight?

Suddenly, he was ill, in a way he had not been since he'd made his first kill...