Are Border Walls Worth Getting?

Donnie Brasco

Boarder walls are an extremely tight thing. Usually you'll net around 100$ per pop, and one happy point is worth pretty much 1$ income. That means, having 2% less people but 2$ more will, yes, be exactly the same. Now you'll just have to check how much your income is exactly per pop (Taxes only) and how much worth 1point of happyness is for you.

Income 110$, +Happy Point 1$: Don't buy it, you'll loose (exp. 100 pop, income 11000$ before, 10976$ afterwards)

Income 90$, +Happy Point 1.1$: Buy it (exp. 100 pop, income 9000$ before, 9035.6$)

As you can see, in both situations the win/loose factor isn't that big, and most nations tend to have a bigger income than 100$ and will be pretty much on 1$ per happy point, so it usually does not pay off.

Now, why do a lot of nations still have boarder walls?

Easy answer, as long as your environment is not yet 5 stars, boarder walls are worth it in almost all conditions. After you reached 5 stars, stop buying them. And even with your environment under 5 stars, buying everything else will be smarter. Just start buying boarder camps when you bought all other "good" improvments, and that includes stuff like Churches etc.

Try it out. Write down how much you money you net without them, then buy it and see if you make more. I did that and for me I only gained $1000 a day. Which is not much. But I did not have full environmnet either. So if my environment was full it probably would not have benefited me at all.

Edited by ace072199

Just do the math, calculate how much money you make now.

Then add +$4 to gross income, -2% pop and the effects of +1 environment (depending on your current rating)

If the bottom calculation is bigger, (probably not) then buy Border Walls.

Note: Do this calculation every time you want to buy Border Walls.

Edited by thedestro

Boarder walls are an extremely tight thing. Usually you'll net around 100$ per pop, and one happy point is worth pretty much 1$ income. That means, having 2% less people but 2$ more will, yes, be exactly the same. Now you'll just have to check how much your income is exactly per pop (Taxes only) and how much worth 1point of happyness is for you.

Income 110$, +Happy Point 1$: Don't buy it, you'll loose (exp. 100 pop, income 11000$ before, 10976$ afterwards)

Income 90$, +Happy Point 1.1$: Buy it (exp. 100 pop, income 9000$ before, 9035.6$)

As you can see, in both situations the win/loose factor isn't that big, and most nations tend to have a bigger income than 100$ and will be pretty much on 1$ per happy point, so it usually does not pay off.

Now, why do a lot of nations still have boarder walls?

Easy answer, as long as your environment is not yet 5 stars, boarder walls are worth it in almost all conditions. After you reached 5 stars, stop buying them. And even with your environment under 5 stars, buying everything else will be smarter. Just start buying boarder camps when you bought all other "good" improvments, and that includes stuff like Churches etc.

With all Banks, Schools, and Universities each happiness point is worth either $1.19 or $1.20 depending on your nation. Add an SSS onto that and each happiness point is worth about $1.24. If you want to check this its very easy and cheap, just record your taxes collected per person, destroy an Intel Agency and record it again. Only costs $38,500 :D

PS Whether or not to get Border Walls depends on how badly you need the population for improvements. If you are maxed out on the non-military improvements with pop to spare and your enviroment is less than perfect I would suggest buying at least one. The biggest gain is with the first one and I want population to support a bigger army so I'm gonna stick with just one.

Edited by Bob Sanders

For a nation as large as mine (8,900 infrastructure), I had avoided the border walls for quite awhile as I too did not want the population reduction, however, I was mistaken. I built all five border walls and guess what? I'm netting about $500,000 more per day than I was making without them.

Summation: for larger nations, the added happiness more than makes up for the reduction in population.

Edited by Enrique Barrentos

For a nation as large as mine (8,900 infrastructure), I had avoided the border walls for quite awhile as I too did not want the population reduction, however, I was mistaken. I built all five border walls and guess what? I'm netting about $500,000 more per day than I was making without them.

Summation: for larger nations, the added happiness more than makes up for the reduction in population.

Will a 6,999 or even a 5,999 infra nation profit with border walls just like you?

thanks