Peace or State of War, between GDA and LE?

daddyAGW

Greetings Everyone

This is an official statement from our Alliance. Last night we received intel of the possibility that GDA was going to attack our Alliance. As with most intel we looked at this with skepticism since no history of ill will exists between GDA and LE.

Our entrance into the current war is to provide support for Blackwater and other like sized alliances. We all agree that our very existence as medium sized alliances depends on the community realizing our intention of protecting ourselves. I have no interest in joining the volleys of reasons for blame of all this. Our position is clear. We will protect our alliance from tech raiders, and we will do it with combined efficient response. Those of our nations that tech raid early in the round do so with the clear knowledge that any tech raid can go bad in a hurry. It’s a risk they as an individual nation accept.

I would like to make it clear that LE does not want to make the same unfortunate mistake MASH made by acting on the possibility of incorrect information regarding the intentions of GREAT. For all we know there is no GDA intention of attacking LE and all this is for naught. However, last night LE was attacked in small numbers by GDA nations. I ask now that the leadership of GDA to officially announce, if a state of war exists between Global Democratic Alliance and Lafayette Escadrille.

With GREAT’s entrance into our little war the actual numbers of warring nations are pretty close. Something I would think all the TE community could appreciate and enjoy since this is about war. However if the #2 Alliance (GDA) makes a bid to enter this conflict then they are NO better then NAAW or even past MI with their attempt to roll an alliance 1/3rd their size. Again, this war is about medium sized nations banning together to simply survive against the big Alliances. We would be perfectly happy if the larger Alliances would just man up and fight amongst yourselves rather than spin a complex web of treaties and agreements that semi-justify supporting wars with no clear or proper premise. You would never hear a peep from us.

This statement from LE, is to the GDA leadership and their nation base. LE and GDA have NO history or reason to justify a DOW between our alliances. If GDA does announce a DoW, I want it out and perfectly clear at this time, before the entire TE community that your reasons would lack good cause and a clear and perfect example of why LE is fighting this war. LE is not in a position to dictate anything to you nor do we wish to. However please know if you do attack us, we will fight, we will not merge or cower from your nations. We will not accept peace and we will fight till the round is over or we are ZIed. This is not negotiable and will not change. We have very little to lose by standing up to large alliances that follow this path.

If our intelligence is incorrect and misleading then please ignore my ramblings. As I said earlier, this post is an attempt to thwart a possible escalation of events for the wrong reasons.

Since this post was written several more GDA nations have attacked LE given the reason (via messages) that they are following orders.

Will one of the leaders of GDA please formalize this action with a DoW.

thanks in advance

Well it looks like the saga continues.............The big bad #2 150 man Alliance is jumping in to fight an alliance 1/3 it's size. Wow such brave hero types out there. I hope your nations are proud of it's stellar leadership that feels it needs to defend it's fellow alliance that jumped in to fight the other alliance 1/3 of it's size.

Still waiting to hear from the big strong leader of the 2/3rds bigger alliance?

It's TE, everyone is in a state of war with everyone.

-Bama

Although I agree with you in that every alliance is almost always in a constant state of war, failing to put out any kind of DoW within thirty minutes of the initial blitz, let alone 16+ hours after the blitz is a poor show.

Edited by Aeternus

Although I agree with you in that every alliance is almost always in a constant state of war, failing to put out any kind of DoW within thirty minutes of the initial blitz, let alone 16+ hours after the blitz is a poor show.

^^^^

This

I'm disappointed

Well it looks like the saga continues.............The big bad #2 150 man Alliance is jumping in to fight an alliance 1/3 it's size. Wow such brave hero types out there. I hope your nations are proud of it's stellar leadership that feels it needs to defend it's fellow alliance that jumped in to fight the other alliance 1/3 of it's size.

Still waiting to hear from the big strong leader of the 2/3rds bigger alliance?

mtdew, I actually doubt that GDA is terribly excited about this. I have to imagine they are in a tough position due to their treaty obligations.

What we have now is a conflict of two 'TE' ideals. Some players feel they must have a web of treaties and more importantly in the current situation, that it is satisfactory that some of larger alliances behave like tyrants. I have made my thoughts opposing this quite clear.

The members of LE may certainly lose when opposed to such a large alliance as GDA, but having lost before I would prefer to lose on the 'right' side than the alternative.

mtdew, I actually doubt that GDA is terribly excited about this. I have to imagine they are in a tough position due to their treaty obligations.

What we have now is a conflict of two 'TE' ideals. Some players feel they must have a web of treaties and more importantly in the current situation, that it is satisfactory that some of larger alliances behave like tyrants. I have made my thoughts opposing this quite clear.

The members of LE may certainly lose when opposed to such a large alliance as GDA, but having lost before I would prefer to lose on the 'right' side than the alternative.

How is the right side the side of an alliance that wouldn't accept peace and went and got all of its buddies ?

I was partly joking. But in all seriousness, having certain "war etiquette" in TE is dumb.

-Bama

How is the right side the side of an alliance that wouldn't accept peace and went and got all of its buddies ?

Certainly we can disagree. Having read the past week's post it seems you and metal have gone round and round on this issue. Really there isn't much else I can say that hasn't already been stated. I think NAAW went too far pushing around a much smaller alliance. No one likes to be bullied, even when a truce comes at the end of it. As I said, we can respectfully disagree.

Bama, glad to see another 'tide' fan around:)

Certainly we can disagree. Having read the past week's post it seems you and metal have gone round and round on this issue. Really there isn't much else I can say that hasn't already been stated. I think NAAW went too far pushing around a much smaller alliance. No one likes to be bullied, even when a truce comes at the end of it. As I said, we can respectfully disagree.

Bama, glad to see another 'tide' fan around:)

Ok then I want an explanation how asking for peace from one of my nations getting attacked, being promised said peace, and one of my nations continues getting attacked is bullying ? Would bullying be what they did and sanction and blitz us without any form of diplomatic approach ? Even a small kid can kick a man where it hurts, just because their smaller doesnt make them the victim like they are playing.

Ok then I want an explanation how asking for peace from one of my nations getting attacked, being promised said peace, and one of my nations continues getting attacked is bullying ? Would bullying be what they did and sanction and blitz us without any form of diplomatic approach ? Even a small kid can kick a man where it hurts, just because their smaller doesnt make them the victim like they are playing.

Also I'd like to add that you offered peace after Blackwater was attacked and nuked. You pretty much offered peace when they were below water and drowning from your previous attacks. Even though I want this war to end, I personnally wouldn't have accepted your peace offer at that time. I would have accepted it earlier. I actually kinda of felt insulted when you sent the peace offer right after NAAW's attacks, but thats just me...and I'm known to be a little crazy from time to time :)

Also, a man can kick a kid harder and make him cry faster. A man would've sucked it up and let it go and not hit the kid back (no offense)