Great University

Alterego

Great University - $35,000,000 - The great university is a central location for scholars within your nation. Decreases technology costs -10% and increases population happiness +.2% (+2 for every 1000) of your nation's technology level over 200 up to 3,000 tech.

Should that +2 be +.2? If not does this mean you would have a happiness level of 6.2 with 3k tech?

No, i think it is right how it currently is. That .2% means for every 1000 tech you have, you get +2 happiness. So you get an extra 5.6 happiness with this wonder if you have 3k tech (not including the tech bonus you get for the initial 200 tech).

5.6 happiness?

3,000 * 0.2% = 600% = 6 [happiness]

• 2 weeks later...
I think it means the GU takes effect when you have more than 200 tech, when it takes effect, it adds up the original 200 for the ride too(just my assumption, I don't have it yet)

3000*0.2%=600%=6 happiness bonus

No. Read the Wonder description: 'of your nation's technology level over 200 up to 3,000 tech', meaning that only technology between 200 and 3,000 is calculated.

Edited by Candide

No. Read the Wonder description: 'of your nation's technology level over 200 up to 3,000 tech', meaning that only technology between 200 and 3,000 is calculated.

Yep. You already get happiness for the first 200 naturally, so it'd be double dipping.