border wall question

Jowkwondo

Barrack - $50,000 - Increases soldier efficiency +10%, reduces soldier upkeep cost -10%.

Border Wall - $60,000 - Decreases citizen count -2%, increases population happiness +2, Improves environment +1.

Guerrilla Camp - $20,000 - Increases soldier efficiency +35%, reduces soldier upkeep cost -10%, reduces citizen income -8%.

Missile Defense - $90,000 - Reduces effectiveness of incoming cruise missiles used against your nation -10%.

Satellite - $90,000 - Increases effectiveness of cruise missiles used by your nation +10%. Enables nations to inflict more damage beyond the default damage caps.

i have 51,000 citizens and am about to one of the next improvements. my question is when is it not profitable when you lose citizen from border walls, or how many border walls should i get?

Barrack - $50,000 - Increases soldier efficiency +10%, reduces soldier upkeep cost -10%.

Border Wall - $60,000 - Decreases citizen count -2%, increases population happiness +2, Improves environment +1.

Guerrilla Camp - $20,000 - Increases soldier efficiency +35%, reduces soldier upkeep cost -10%, reduces citizen income -8%.

Missile Defense - $90,000 - Reduces effectiveness of incoming cruise missiles used against your nation -10%.

Satellite - $90,000 - Increases effectiveness of cruise missiles used by your nation +10%. Enables nations to inflict more damage beyond the default damage caps.

i have 51,000 citizens and am about to one of the next improvements. my question is when is it not profitable when you lose citizen from border walls, or how many border walls should i get?

If it fixes your environment the full point, it's like to be beneficial unless you have a large income per person. I have a formula, but it's complicated. I could do it for you some time if you gave me your environment and avg. gross income per person, but you'll almost definitely benefit from at least one.

Edit: Your income without border walls, I mean. Also, if you have all of the income multipliers.

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

Genghis Bob's supa-sekrit Border Wall calculation:

1. Click on "Collect Taxes"

2. On a scrap of paper, write down the "Total Collection Amount"

3. Click on "Improvements"

4. Buy a Border Wall

5. Repeat steps 1 and 2

6. Is your new number larger?

a. Yes, go to step 3

b. No, destroy a Border Wall and stop

I know it's not sexy, but it works. :blush:

Works in differing amounts for different players. GB above said it right. You just test to see if they are profitable or not.

You lose population directly, but you can still recoup a portion of the population you lost because your environment increased a point.

That little mitigation, plus the environment happiness boost of.4, and the direct +2 just might offset the loss of taxpayers.

I have a large nation with industrial resources. My nation benefits from 3 BW's, but not 4. I've seen others make use of 5 and some that they didn't help at all.

Every nation should test and test the addition of each one individually for efficacy.

4. Buy a Border Wall

5. Repeat steps 1 and 2

a. Yes, go to step 3

thats how i did it ... and stopped at 2.. :-)

4. Buy a Border Wall

5. Repeat steps 1 and 2

a. Yes, go to step 3

Youve to consider that the global radiation affects enviorement, so if youre over $415 Income and the GR is too high you can get one, anyway it does add really few income in most of the cases.

Bob's guide is almost perfect, but allow me a small point:

point 6 needs to take into account the cost of running a Wall, which is likely to be 3K (daily bills for each Improvement when you have all of the useful ones). So it would become:

6. Is your new number more than 3K larger?

Regarding the $415, you could also add not to even bother calculating, in case your income is >$415 and you have a perfect Environment, then Walls are not going to do you any good anyway. But I suppose that the few people who that relates to know that anyway.

(edit spelling)

Edited by TheBFG

If I were you, I would wait to get the border walls until you've gotten all of the other improvements you want. Once your population decreases, it'll be harder and harder to get new improvements.

This, pretty much. If your environment is bad, like over 2, you'll likely benefit from at least one border wall, perhaps two, at your size.

Missile Defense, though, that's a good improvement to have. Cutting down on the penalties of war is pretty important, no matter what alliance you're in. War will inevitably come to your nation at some time, and having those improvements will benefit you a lot more than a few thousand bucks from a border wall.