Camp Obedience- For Puppies!

About us:

Hi guys! Before we get down to business, here are some fun facts.

On March 3rd, a member of the Sellswords launched two unauthorized raids into aNiMaLz territory.

IMG-20190311-220944.jpg

The member in question (Korlath) was asked to cease fire and send peace. This was done to avoid escalation

(aNiMaLz was under the protection of FTW for a period of 90 days).

IMG-20190311-221119.jpg

Korlath’s Raids occurred exactly 90 days after that announcement was posted.

The only action Korlath took on the 4th was to send out peace offers. These were rejected.

IMG-20190314-190500.jpg

FTW countered Korlath at 5:30 PM (Server Time), a day after protection of aNiMaLz expired. FTW didn’t update their protectorate status with aNiMaLz until 6:50 PM.

Screenshot1.jpg

FTW leadership was contacted and diplomacy was utterly exhausted.

IMG-20190311-221033.jpg

But it was obvious they had no interest in a peaceful resolution.

On the 15th of March, the nation of Korlath was attacked again while under the protection of Kashmir.

Business Proposal:

Korlath was kind enough to guide your 4 puppies through our strict obedience course. They are to be the first of many!

2w6ef0.gif

COBRA hereby declares war on the Freehold of The Wolves for aggression towards our MDP partners; Sellswords and Kashmir. Mandarin-s-Banner.jpg

Edited by General Kanabis

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to be clear: this nation declared war on the 90th day of 90 days which counted as part of 90 days and you ordered them to offer peace to avoid escalation, were still somehow surprised that counters rolled out due to the activation of that protection, you then negotiated a two round counter deal, and while still within the second round time frame where the terms were still being extracted you were somehow again surprised that the deal you negotiated was still in effect even though the nation changed AA's. Am I missing anything?

2 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

you then negotiated a two round counter deal, and while still within the second round time frame where the terms were still being extracted you were somehow again surprised that the deal you negotiated was still in effect even though the nation changed AA's. Am I missing anything?

My attempt to negotiate anything was met with contempt, chilling indifference, and downright provocations.

He refused to come to an official agreement and twisted my words around.

I was unaware of the actual timeframe of their protection to begin with.

The fact they had the audacity to target Korlath while under Kashmir protection is what we take issue with.

1 minute ago, General Kanabis said:

My attempt to negotiate anything was met with contempt, chilling indifference, and downright provocations.

He refused to come to an official agreement and twisted my words around.

I was unaware of the actual timeframe of their protection to begin with.

The fact they had the audacity to target Korlath while under Kashmir protection is what we take issue with.

I've seen a screenshot of you agreeing to two rounds worth of counters, and you were explicitly told yesterday that FTW was adhering to that time frame. This is a low level response to a low level raid, not negotiating the end of Doom War.

If this nation under terms was taken by another AA while they were actively still under terms and more importantly, defensive wars, it is on the AA they joined to take over negotiations if they want new terms. Did SirWilliam contact Freehold and figure out why there were attacks at all? Did you contact SirWilliam to tell him the situation? It's historically been used as a CB to accept a member at war/under terms after all.

3 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

And no one is saying Korlath shouldn't take his lumps. He did and that should have been the end of it given the fact their protection status had expired.

But Canik made this personal.

I'm having difficulty reconciling "he should have taken his lumps" and "he wasn't guilty to begin with".

Just now, James Spanier said:

I've seen a screenshot of you agreeing to two rounds worth of counters, and you were explicitly told yesterday that FTW was adhering to that time frame. This is a low level response to a low level raid, not negotiating the end of Doom War.

Did you also see the one where he told me he would not sign my agreement, which he twisted into a three round deal when I had initially mentioned only 3 counters?

2 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

If this nation under terms was taken by another AA while they were actively still under terms and more importantly, defensive wars, it is on the AA they joined to take over negotiations if they want new terms. Did SirWilliam contact Freehold and figure out why there were attacks at all? Did you contact SirWilliam to tell him the situation? It's historically been used as a CB to accept a member at war/under terms after all.

I became aware of the fact that FTW's first counter was illegal by a one hour margin prior to Korlath switching AA's. 

He was under the impression everything was settled. So was I. We consider these counters illegal but we understand a cultural historical tie to animalz. Which is why I agreed with the first counters.

3 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Did you also see the one where he told me he would not sign my agreement, which he twisted into a three round deal when I had initially mentioned only 3 counters?

I became aware of the fact that FTW's first counter was illegal by a one hour margin prior to Korlath switching AA's. 

He was under the impression everything was settled. So was I. We consider these counters illegal but we understand a cultural historical tie to animalz. Which is why I agreed with the first counters.

Screenshot_20190317-003239.png

"No more than two rounds." That is neither three rounds nor three counters.

How again was their response illegal by one hour? Keep in mind I've read a lot of posts, DoWs, and screenshots in the last twenty minutes and can't remember the time stamps on everything.

3 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

Screenshot_20190317-003239.png

"No more than two rounds." That is neither three rounds nor three counters.

How again was their response illegal by one hour? Keep in mind I've read a lot of posts, DoWs, and screenshots in the last twenty minutes and can't remember the time stamps on everything.

An agreement he refused to sign.

Ok very simple.

Animalz' 90 day protection expired on the 3rd of March.

Canik hurried to update their protection status on the 4th because he knew someone had already countered.

First counter occurred at 5:30 PM Server Time. Protectorate status updated at 6:50.

Edited by General Kanabis

1 minute ago, General Kanabis said:

Ok very simple.

Animalz' 90 day protection expired on the 3rd of March.

Canik hurried to update their protection status on the 4th because he knew someone had already countered.

First counter occurred at 5:30 PM Server Time. Protectorate status updated at 6:50.

If the protection was invoked before the time was up on the agreement of protection (which it was), they're still beholden to the agreement of protection. The exact time a war went out doesn't matter if the breach from the raiders end occurred before it lapsed (which it did), and the extension was to prevent anyone else from just going "oh now it's expired, open season one day later."

3 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

If the protection was invoked before the time was up on the agreement of protection (which it was), they're still beholden to the agreement of protection. The exact time a war went out doesn't matter if the breach from the raiders end occurred before it lapsed (which it did), and the extension was to prevent anyone else from just going "oh now it's expired, open season one day later."

Yes but hear me out, it wasn't planned or specifically coordinated for that day. It was an unauthorized raid which our side tried to be diplomatic about. His message telling me he knew people who were eager for things to escalate is the last I heard from him until yesterday.

Historically speaking, this is what we call an escalation.

If what you say about the protection status is true and commonplace in CN, I was unaware of it. Their announcement isn't exactly specific about the subject.

If there was a breakdown in communications, it wasn't on my end.

Canik refused to sign anything.

What strikes me the most is that Canik pretty much asked that I sit there and take my punishment without fighting back. Limit my nukes against your counters to 1 per day? If he was worried about his guys taking damage he should have accepted the diplomatic solution and accepted my peace offers. Obviously FTW was more interested in taking escalating the situation.

Edited by Korlath

2 minutes ago, Korlath said:

What strikes me the most is that Can I'm pretty much asked that I sit there and take my punishment without fighting back. Limit my nukes against your counters to 1 per day? If you were worried about your guys taking damage you should have accepted the diplomatic solution and accepted my peace offers. Obvious FTW was more interested in taking escalating the situation.

I was just trying to find a way to compromise with GK. He wanted me to hard commit to 2 rounds right away so badly. 

2 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Yes but hear me out, it wasn't planned or specifically coordinated for that day. It was an unauthorized raid which our side tried to be diplomatic about. His message telling me he knew people who were eager for things to escalate is the last I heard from him until yesterday.

Historically speaking, this is what we call an escalation.

If what you say about the protection status is true and commonplace in CN, I was unaware of it. Their announcement isn't exactly specific about the subject.

If there was a breakdown in communications, it wasn't on my end.

Canik refused to sign anything.

Coordination, planning, authorization or not doesn't matter, they triggered the protection which was enforced, relatively lightly I'll add. In addition, if they were going to escalate do you think they'd stop at two wars on one nation when they could have just hit all of Sellswords, or trying to utilize it as a CB on Kashmir as a whole? And where is Kashmir in all of this? I see SirWilliam joined the Polar server so he was around, I know Polar talked to FTW, and Polar's questions seemed satisfied.

I agree FTW should have better articulated what they were actually doing,  however it's been asserted to me that they did specify that two rounds was acceptable between your offer of exactly that and their notification they were adhering to that. So they didn't sign an agreement on it, when was the last time two alliances signed a document formalizing the type and duration of small scale counters to a raid?  When a wayward Kashmir member attacked an Argent member, SirWilliam and I handled it in casual conversation with an aid package sent. If SirWilliam had questions about the arrangement he could have easily garnered clarification from FTW.

What about their announcement wasn't specific? Protection period lasts 90 days. There was an attack on the 90th day, protection is invoked, protection is enforced, protection is extended to prevent a potentially immediate "legal" raid to spite FTW.