Slow, but still kickin'

j5KCM69.png

The Screaming Red Asses do thusly declare war on DGeneration X.

Perusant to our treaties, we shall be fighting for:

Pirates of the Parrot Order

Kashmir

We will also be fighting next to Argent, but alas, we have no treaty.  Oh, we tried to get one, but were soundly rejected by Lowsten, who thereafter heaped hurtful comments upon us about the matter on Discord.  So we will still be supporting them, but only like a long-suffering wife in a loveless marriage.

DZJuLW9.png?1

Edited by Walshington

3 hours ago, Walshington said:

Are we posting spy attacks and making peace mode jokes yet?  It's like people don't even realize what's IMPORTANT anymore.

I'll start. Imagine asking to peace out against an alliance with 70% of it's top 20 nations in peace mode...

9 hours ago, Walshington said:

Are we posting spy attacks and making peace mode jokes yet?  It's like people don't even realize what's IMPORTANT anymore.

Or how about following up an OWF declaration of war with more than one nation/war declared? People are losing track of what’s important

7 hours ago, tobbogon said:

Or how about following up an OWF declaration of war with more than one nation/war declared? People are losing track of what’s important

One war declared after an OWF DoW? Man, that takes me back to 2010. Except back then it was 300-nation alliances doing it.

47 minutes ago, Haflinger said:

One war declared after an OWF DoW? Man, that takes me back to 2010. Except back then it was 300-nation alliances doing it.

I dunno- I think my all-time favorite was when NADC declared back in 2015 and it took them 8 hours to get a war off

16 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I dunno- I think my all-time favorite was when NADC declared back in 2015 and it took them 8 hours to get a war off

Hey, that is called SKILL and PLANNING.  I am capitalizing those words for EMPHASIS. I capitalized emphasis to EMPHASIZE it's IMPORTANCE. 

On 8/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, tobbogon said:

Why's the cup gotta be half empty, man?  Look at it this way:

You got blitzed by 100% of our active members and 100% of government. (200% of government if you consider the DoW co-signer has been absent from the game for nigh on three years now.)

Plus, it was a nice DoW, by today's standards. Not great, but.... nice enough. Not snarky, had an appropriately sized flag, a little graphic somethin' somethin' for all the visual learners out there, plus the added bonus of being largely grammatically correct for the masses yet still festooned with an Oxford comma because, hey, Auctor and Lex Quintus may still be out there and might just appreciate it.  It's really the little things, if one is patient enough to look closely.  

On 8/15/2018 at 1:37 AM, Walshington said:

Plus, it was a nice DoW, by today's standards. Not great, but.... nice enough. Not snarky, had an appropriately sized flag, a little graphic somethin' somethin' for all the visual learners out there, plus the added bonus of being largely grammatically correct for the masses yet still festooned with an Oxford comma because, hey, Auctor and Lex Quintus may still be out there and might just appreciate it.  It's really the little things, if one is patient enough to look closely.  

Best DoW on these boards in a very, very long time.  All of the qualities of a sound, fun and informative DoW without all of the unnecessary fluff, pomp and circumstance.

Bravo, Red Asses, Godspeed! o/

17 hours ago, Ethereum said:

There have been DoWs accompanied by Zero in-game declarations before, so I don’t think the DoW was bad. Had pictures & all. Good luck.

A wiser man might have recalled where ghost declarations originated and noted the inkling of irony...