Now the Sword

header.png

Cult of Justitia was founded with a specific purpose: To stoke and guard, advocate, and work toward the realization of a set of ideals.  These ideals stem and have evolved from the highest ideals of the Vox Populi movement, which was not organized to realize, but only to advocate.  The freedom of association--that nations are not the property of alliances, nor are alliances the property of their allies.  The supremacy of sovereignty--foregoing compulsive treaties because they hinder independence of thought and action, and enable action without consequence.  The importance of identity, so that an alliance has an ideological wellspring upon which to base its internal policies, foreign policy, and actions on the world stage.  Distinctness of foreign policy so that global power remains fractured among many truly distinct bases.  We call the result of these ideas the Flat World.

What does the Flat World look like?  Robust alliances who know themselves attract and retain nations based on their intrinsic merits.  They formulate foreign policies based upon their values, and align with alliances who have compatible values.  Logically ordered by identity, these groups of alliances and blocs rally around their own distinct interests.  Unencumbered by murky, illogical treaties across conflicting interests, alliances are free to act when they should; unencumbered by carte blanche compulsive treaties, they are similarly free not to act when they should not act.

Why Justitia?  The Flat World is not a mewling pacifist or moralist vision of global security and peace.  It is "flat" because power is not gathered around a Pacifica or a Mushroom Kingdom, but distributed among competing, distinct, self-interested parties.  This situation has not existed for many decades--the existence of Pillow Fort, Superfriends, C&G, or Pandora's Box no more constituted distinct, competing bases of power during the so-called mKarma period than did the existence of One Vision, Ring Cycle, Citadel, or AZTEC did during the Pax Pacifica; and where competition existed, it came only as paranoia and then treachery set in, not as a continuous natural state of either period.  In these hegemony-dominated eras, Digiterra has been sick, and brutal.  The Flat World is, by contrast, the most Just world.  War is more common, because the wars are smaller, between only the invested parties warring over the conflicting interest.  No central power stops a war that will threaten its grip on global power.  No central power begins a war that only it can stop.  Listen carefully, this is not a sermon for only half of you, nor only for the condemned: The Flat World is the world that we all desire.

For the past three years, we have watched as the alliances of Digiterra have repeated the mistakes that they had just immediately risen up against.  The desire to be important or victorious by association, and the fear of a resurgent Pacifica drove this ill-fated return to the decadence of the past.  The hegemony-based global structure with its foundation upon unquestioning loyalty by indistinct alliances which represent little more than blobs of NS creates and rewards the most perverse atrocities that we see play out on Digiterra.  We know them all as the hallmarks of this age: delving into and literally disrupting the real lives of rulers from Ejayrazz to Van Hoo III; war upon entire alliances redefined and written off as "techraiding"; infiltration of forums; the choice between destruction or humiliation for amusement.  All this and more not just accepted, but applauded by the allies and clingers-on of the perpetrators who place so-called friendship above sovereignty, above introspection, above humanity.  Applauded by those who sneer at any dissent as disingenuous because if all dissent is disingenuous then their acquiescence is excusable.  But it is not.

I am the Presbyter of the Cult of Justitia, Justitia's servant upon Digiterra who receives Her message and delivers it, the Scale upon which Justitia judges.  The Cult of Justitia is the Sword of Justice which She wields in Her left hand.  These rulers are drawn to Her ideals from all corners of the world, from NEW to ODN to GPA--from any place and any background because of the promise of the Justice of our message.  

Doom House and all her rotten allies, for your perversions and transgressions We judge you guilty, and the Sword of Justitia will now come down upon your heads.  

With this declaration, Justitia's Cult joins the Equilibrium coalition in war against Umbrella in furtherance of its mission and in fulfillment of our charge.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't hold my breath when I see what this grand alliance of NS decides to do if they win their victory. Somehow I have a sneaking suspicion those vaunted morals will suddenly prove inconvenient to those with the temptation to power. Such is not the reserve of one side alone in this conflict, but so be it. Justice imposed by an active-party arbiter is no Justice at all. Do what you think you must, such is your prerogative as it is all men and women.

Edited by Crownguard

Schatt, unlike last time I am afraid I will be unable to grant you or your alliance peace. This time CoJ will be destroyed.

Schatt, unlike last time I am afraid I will be unable to grant you or your alliance peace. This time CoJ will be destroyed.

An interesting thing to say from peace mode...

Great blitz, guys. CoJblitz_zps6fe45aa4.png

I'm not gonna check on a nation by nation basis, but with 83 war mode nations and 250 wars, I'm sure Umbrella has lots of free slots left to blitz.  ;)

Edited by Vhalen