SCREAMING RED ASSES DoE

o91EXfS.png

SCREAMING RED ASSES
DECLARATION OF EXISTENCE

The Screaming Red Asses are a micro alliance, currently residing on no specific trading sphere. The Screaming Red Asses are founded on the principles of independence of thought and action, as reflected in the following philosophies:

1) There are good alliances and good rulers on every strand of the treaty web. The Screaming Red Asses shall not let an arbitrary system of interlocking treaties determine with whom they shall befriend or ally themselves. This may or may not cause tensions when hostilities begin; the Red Asses are confident that reason and discussion between good allies can overcome such obstacles. Should the issue be impossible to overcome, perhaps the treaty has run its course. This is neither good nor bad – it simply is.

2) The Screaming Red Asses will not have their foreign policy decisions made by their allies or enemies. If our allies’ loyalty for us is based on who else we befriend, perhaps they are not the allies we are looking for. By the same token, the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.

3) The time appears to have passed on Planet Bob when blind allegiance is no longer practical nor desirable. Casus Belli are becoming weak and arbitrary, and the Red Asses do not feel compelled to fight a war in which they believe the cause is frivolous or unjust. To that end, all treaties signed by the Red Asses will be ODAP; however, that fails to capture the spirit of the treaty. Independence is NOT synonymous with neutrality. The Screaming Red Asses vow to defend their allies when necessary – these treaties will be viewed as mutual by the Red Asses, with the only exception being we will not automatically support an unjust or frivolous CB, or situations in which an ally has clearly committed an action for which it deserves punishment. In fact, better name for such a treaty would be JMDnoAP – Justified Mutual Defense (non-chaining) and Optional Aggression Pact.

This is not intended to be weasel or infra-hugging language. Readiness for war, desire for war or economic condition will NOT drive this decision. Our allies are sovereign and are welcome to engage in whatever wars they wish and for whatever reason – the Red Asses, however, cannot be expected to support unwarranted wars of aggression, nor support foreign policy gaffes which are being justly prosecuted on the field of battle. The infinite realm of possibilities being what it is, however, we reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary.

We expect our own CB’s to be judged accordingly – we do not want to drag our allies into any war for a cause they do not believe in.

It is understood that the naysayers and nitpickers will bring a thousand scenarios with a thousand “if’s” to this thread, none of which will be addressed. Each situation will be dealt with on a case by case basis, but not in the hypothetical.

This announcement is not an excuse to "go rogue", and it is not intended to remain a one-man alliance.
Our IRC Channel is #RED_ASS and our forums are at http://redass.boards.net.
Please sign up for an embassy if you like or apply to join us if you’re a like-thinker.
Protection courtesy -- and I do mean courtesy -- an ODP with Kaskus.

Uotfxjq.png?1

TL;DR:
Hi we’re the Screaming Red Asses.
We will fight for whoever we like, and/or against people we don’t.
We’re taking applications.

In certain emergencies of an ornithological nature, the Screaming Red Asses reserve the right to declare protection rights over Hooligans. 

Edited by Walshington

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1341258066' post='3001888']
best alliance name ever
[/quote]

'Flying Hellfish' was pretty awesome, though the winner actually goes to 'Bicurious Lovers of Women & Men Everywhere'. The acronym alone caused me to stand cheering in my seat.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1341258952' post='3001903']
I knew coming in that I would be the remedy for all the "CRAP" puns and the Apparatus "Steam" puns.

(throws Sardonic a pair of sunglasses)

Have at it, get it out of your system ;)
[/quote]
pffft remedy for CRAP puns my ASS!!

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1341265964' post='3001954']
OK can I just say that is a funny as hell AA theme. I nearly want to join just for that alone! :awesome:

Good luck screaming red asses!
[/quote]

Indeed, one of the greatest monikers of all time.

While Planet Bob and its many conflicts are quite fun, I feel it incumbent upon me to point out that 67 years ago, the original Screaming Red Asses tore up the sky over Italy's Po Valley in their P-47 Thunderbolts and securing victory for freedom against what was arguably history's greatest evil. One out of every three pilots became a casualty in the efforts -- this alliance is but a small homage to those who gave so much more than pixels when called. The first Red Ass Commander was Major Rob't Raup, KIA. [url="http://www.warwingsart.com/350thFG/P47/347thFS/index.htm"]The second was Major Hugh Dow, POW, whose personal mount is pictured in my sig[/url].

I now climb misty eyed off my soapbox and return you to the present day.

Edited by Walshington