A Joint NATO/RoK Announcement

Following NATO's recent [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108803"]commitment[/url] to defending Ragnarok during its time of need, both alliances agreed to upgrade their existing [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101568"]oDoAP[/url] so that the commitment is formally reciprocated, and to better reflect the nature of the relationship.

[center][img]http://cnnato.org/images/natosflag.png[/img][img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/Adelheid130/Forum_Pics/rok_flag-treaty2.png[/img][/center]

[center][b]The "RoK and a Hard Place" Pact[/b][/center]

NATO and Ragnarok recognize a shared commitment to defend one another against declarations of war by external parties, and agree to provide military, financial and diplomatic assistance if requested by the other signatory. Each signatory also has the option to join the other in acts of aggression.

There is no obligation to defend one another in the event that either signatory is attacked after declaring war via activation of a clause from another treaty.

NATO and Ragnarok agree that the keys and foundation to their friendship are loyalty and communication. Thus, each signatory agrees to take into account the interests of the other signatory and its treaty partners when making decisions. Each signatory also agrees to communicate regarding information that affects the other, while respecting the confidence of other treaty partners.

If either alliance decides to cancel this treaty, the cancellation will become effective 48 hours after formal notice is provided to the other signatory.

Signed for NATO:

dev0win (former Secretary General)
Sir Humphrey, Secretary General
Berbers, Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Semi the Hard, Secretary of Defense
Njero, Secretary of Commerce
muwen1234, Secretary of Enlistment
Aress, Chief Justice

Signed for Ragnarok:

Adelheidi, Empress
Yukon Don, Regent
Valtamdraugr, Chancellor
Jekalle, Consul

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing was Adel said - thanks guys, you've been awesome to us and I was happy to see this get upgraded. To the future!

o/ NATO
o/ RoK

respect to NATO for actually standing up for an ally where others have proven their too !@#$% to do, i do believe this might have made up for the PB-NpO stuff they pulled :P

anyways...this is a non-chaining MDoAP right? its kinda hard to tell if it's that or still an oDoAP

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1337132342' post='2967914']
anyways...this is a non-chaining MDoAP right? its kinda hard to tell if it's that or still an oDoAP
[/quote]

A non-chainer this time around, upgraded from the ODP we held.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1337132342' post='2967914']
respect to NATO for actually standing up for an ally where others have proven their too !@#$% to do, i do believe this might have made up for the PB-NpO stuff they pulled :P

[/quote]
Yes, it is a MDoAP. And I do believe that you are mistaken if you are associating NATO with any stuff pulled during PB-NpO (edit: apart from defending NV alongside our allies in TFD) :)

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1337132716' post='2967922']
Yes, it is a MDoAP. And I do believe that you are mistaken if you are associating NATO with any stuff pulled during PB-NpO :)
[/quote]

I'll find you on IRC in when i can get on tonight :)

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1337132493' post='2967917']
It's fantastic to see an alliance who doesn't just cut 'n run but actually resolves to help an ally when things get tough - a special kudos to you, NATO, but congratulations to both. :)
[/quote]
Deer is that you :o

Congrats to both parties

Wasnt jkelle in MCXA...

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1337133158' post='2967926']
Wasnt jkelle in MCXA...
[/quote]

Nope... I was a Golden Sabre a long, long... long time ago. Otherwise, RoK ever since!