Sarmatian and Hardin sittin in a tree...

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/jg45042/ucon.jpg[/IMG]

[quote]

I. Preamble

We, the sovereign nations of Cybernations in order to form a cooperative brotherhood of nations, establish justice, peaceful coexistence, provide for the common defense, promote economic prosperity, and secure freedom and liberty to all its members, do ordain and establish this charter of the United Coalition of Nations(UCoN).

II. Membership

A. Application
i. The ability to apply for membership in the United Coalition of Nations is open to all members of Cybernations.
ii. The mandatory requirement is to have the team color of Green.
iii. Other mandatory requirements will be provided by any government or staff in charge of the application process.
iv. The United Coalition of Nations reserves the right to deny any application, and meeting only the aforementioned requirements is no guarantee of admission to the alliance.

B. Resignation of Membership

i. Any member of the alliance may resign the said membership should they no longer possess any in-game nation, should they no longer display in-game the alliance affiliation of this alliance, or should they make a genuine statement of resignation.

ii. The approved alliance affiliations include "United Coalition of Nations" and "UCoN Applicant".

iii. Any former member may have the option to remain a friend of UCoN upon the approval of the Secretary of Interior under the supervision of the President.

C. Repayment of Aid

i. All members who have received assistance through contracted UCoN aid programs or contracted UCoN finance programs within the past four months shall, at the discretion of the government of the United Coalition of Nations, be required to repay all of their funding upon termination of their alliance membership.
ii. Notice of the amount to be repaid must be delivered no more than 7 days after leaving the alliance.
iii. Any member or any former member who fails to repay the required amount after a sufficient time period may be subject to consequences of a military assault or other in-game variety.

D. Expulsion
Any member may be expelled by a vote greater than 3/4 or 75% of all the UCoN members who voted within one week with a minimum of greater than 20% of all UCoN members voting or found guilty by the Supreme Court for the following reasons:
i. Declarations of war on an UCoN member or ally
ii. Unauthorized declarations of war on any nation
iii. Unauthorized forwarding information to other alliance/s
iv. Aiding any nation who is declared an enemy of UCoN at the time of Aid
v. Violation of the UCoN laws, charter and/or By-laws
vi. Disobeying a lawful order of a superior
vii. Violation of The One law of the Host/Forum provider

E. Reapplication as member
Any nation who was previously a UCoN member must meet all mandatory requirements provided by this Charter, any By-Laws or UCoN Law plus a vote of greater than 3/4 or 75% by the executive branch of the government in favor of reacquiring membership.

III. General Assembly
The General Assembly is the aggregate body of all member nations, each holding one vote in the event of referendums, impeachments, and elections.
A. Elections
i. Any nation member of the General Assembly may run for any elected office up for election.
ii. Winning an election must have the highest number of votes as long as more than 20% of all UCoN members casted their vote.
iii. Elections will be held on the 20th of the month.
iv. In case of vacany, elections shall be held 1 week upon vacancy only in the vacant elected position.
B. Impeachment
i. Any elected official may be impeached by a vote greater than 3/4 or 75% of all the UCoN members who voted within one week with a minimum of greater than 20% of all UCoN members voting as long as in accordance with Article IIIBiii of the Charter.
ii. Any impeachment complaint must be directed to any of the following: Chief Justice, President or the Vice President.
iii. Elected officials can only be impeach if that elected official violated the UCoN Charter, UCoN By-Laws and/or UCoN Common Law.

C. Powers
i. The General Assembly has the sole power to amend the charter by a vote greater than 3/4 or 75% of all the UCoN members who voted within one week with a minimum of greater than 20% of all UCoN members voting.
ii. The General Assembly has the sole power to impeach elected officials.

D. Rights
i. No member nation shall be twice put in trial for the same offense; nor shall be compelled in any case to be a witness against himself.
ii. Member nations shall enjoy the right to a fair and speedy trial; to be informed of the evidence, witnesses, and charges against them; to be presumed innocent.
iii. Member nations shall not be imposed on the freedom of speech or of the press or to petition the government for a redress of grievances unless it violates Article IIIDiv of the Charter.
iv. No member nation is allowed to post at Open World Forums unless authorized by the President.
v. No member nation shall be convicted of an offense which was not illegal at the time they did it.

IV. Government
The government of the United Coalition of Nations shall have co-equal three branches of government: Executive, Judiciary, Legislative

A. Executive
i. President
a. An elected position held for 6 months
b. Supreme membership rights at the UCoN Forums and UCON IRC channel
c. Act as Commander-in-Chief of the military of UCoN, and issue direct orders to Secretary of Defense.
d. Act as Chief of the Executive Branch of the government and issue orders to any Secretary of any Department as necessary.
e. Cannot hold any legislative or judiciary position at the time in office
f. Presides all meetings of the Executive Branch
g. the Chief Election Officer for all elections and referendum.
h. Cannot vote at any election or referendum unless there is a tie.
i. Power to declare war and declare peace in accordance to Article IV-E-v or with the approval the Senate
j. From time to time give to Senate information of the state of UCoN and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient

ii. Secretary of Defense
a. Conducting/executing military operations during times of war
b. Researching and communicating strategies for use in war
c. Regulating military actions and activity
d. Informing all the executive branch of government on current military matters and operations
e. Directing and appointment of the military staff
f. Overseeing any military programs
g. Approving or denying raids and maintaining a list of rules and regulations in regards to raiding.
h. An elected position held for 6 months
i. Cannot hold any legislative or judiciary position at the time in office

iii. Secretary of State
a. The selection of ambassadors to all alliances
b. The sending and receiving of embassies
c. Recommend treaties to the Legislative Branch.
d. In charge of all foreign relations of UCoN
e. An elected position held for 6 months
f. Cannot hold any legislative or judiciary position at the time in office

iv. Secretary of Interior
a. Upkeep of the alliance roster and appropriate forum masks
b. Recruitment of outside nations to the alliance
c. Acceptance or denial of applicants
d. Education of new members in both nation management and alliance structure, programs, and resources through managed integration with Secretary of Finance and Secretary of Defense.
g. Responsible for delegating and recruiting Wiki Editors to create / maintain and update the Wiki pages
h. Responsible for portraying statistics to the general membership
i. Responsible for announcing on behalf of the government rulings passed by the government through the communications department.

v. Secretary of Finance
a. Managing and directing the economic growth and stability of the alliance
b. Organizing alliance-wide growth programs
c. Overseeing trade, technology, and other financial programs
d. Directing the distribution of war and rebuilding aid

vi. Executive Communication Process
a. All Departments within the Executive branch must first post any public announcements privately on the Communications board prior to release to the General Assembly
b. Communications will be released only when the President and two Secretaries approve the release.
c. A period of 24 hours must lapse prior to release of announcement. Within the 24 hours given, any complaints or disputes must be aired prior to release. If a dispute is made the announcement cannot be released until the dispute is settled.
d. If no dispute is made all members of government must not dispute publicly on the General Assembly Board.
e. All announcements must be made by the Secretary of Interior on behalf on the government. In his absence, the President will make the announcements.
f. In the instance of an emergency, the President make an announcement immediately without prior approval or discussion.

B. Judiciary
All judiciary power of UCoN is vested in the Supreme Court which shall compromise of 1(one) Chief Justice and 2(two) Associate Justices.

i. Powers of the Supreme Court
a. to impose punishments on wrongdoers
b. Will rely only the following for its decisions UCoN Charter, UCoN treaties, the By-Laws of UCoN, and UCoN common law.
c. Each justice has only one vote.
d. The final interpreter of UCoN Charter, By-Laws, UCON common law.
e. Set Rules of court, conduct at court and Conduct of justices
f. Cannot initiate or start a case. Cases must be started by a non judiciary UCoN member

ii. Associate Justices
a. All justices are elected and holds the position for life until resignation, expulsion or impeachment.
b. Associate justices cannot hold any legislative or executive position at the time in office

iii. Chief Justice
a. The Chief Justice will only vote in case there is a tie
b. The Chief Justice will preside all cases.
c. The Chief Justice cannot hold any legislative position at the time in office. The Chief Justice cannot hold any executive position unless there is a vacancy in both the Presidency and the Vice Presidency.

C. Legislative
All legislative power of UCoN is vested in the Senate which shall compromise of 4(four) Senators and 1(one) Vice President.

i. Powers of the Senate
a. Approve decisions to declare war.
b. Issue UCoN by-laws which are not in violation of the UCoN Charter.
c. Present an amendment of UCoN Charter to the General Assembly.
d. Ratify and approve treaties.
e. Repeal UCoN by-laws.

ii. Senators
a. Cannot hold any judiciary or executive position at the time in office
b. An elected position held for 3 months
c. Each Senator has one vote

iii. Vice-President
a. An elected position held for 3 months
b. Presides the Senate
c. Become President in case of vacancy of the Presidential position until an emergency election is held
d. Cannot hold any judiciary position at the time in office
e. Can only vote at the Senate if there is a tie
f. Cannot hold any executive position at the time in office unless there is a vacancy of the Presidency

D. Staff
i. All elected officials may appoint any number staff and one(1) Deputy
ii. All staff is under the direction and supervision of the elected official that appointed him/her.
iii. All staff may be removed from office anytime by the elected official that appointed him/her.
iv. Powers of staff may be designated by the appointing official. Any action done by the staff is taken as the action of the appointing official.

E. Continuity and Beginning of Government
i. At beginning and birth of UCoN, only the Executive branch will exist. Neither the Judiciary nor the Legislative will exist. When the Elections for the Judiciary and Legislative branches will be under the discretion of the Executive branch. Until such time, the Executive Branch will also have all legislative powers and/or the powers of the Senate.
ii. If the Presidency is vacant, it will be temporarily be occupied by the following in order, Vice President, the Chief Justice until results of emergency elections.
iii. If the Presidency, Vice Presidency and Chief Justice is all vacant, emergency elections will be held 24 hours upon vacancy.
iv. All victorious candidate will immediately assume office upon the formal announcement of the results of elections
v. During Beginning of Government, in the Absence of the Senate, the President must get greater than or equal to 3/5 approval of all elected officials of the Executive branch to declare war.

V. War
A. Qualifications for War
i. If UCoN is declared upon by another alliance via Declaration of War or recognition of hostilities on the Open World Forums
ii. If a treaty is activated requiring UCoN to enter war alongside allies
iii. If any UCoN nation member is repeatedly attacked by rogue alliances or rogue nations
iv. Coordinate attack/s on any UCoN nation member

B. Member's Responsibilities during war
i. All member Nations MUST be given approval from the SoD before launching nuclear weapons
ii. All member Nations cannot attack any other nation without approval from the SoD
iii. All member Any nation who does not follow these rules can be placed in sanctions from the alliance, which include exemption from moderated tech deals and foreign aid.

VI. Ratification
Done by the unanimous consent of the founding member nations. In Witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names:

President Hardin
Reghar73
Namayan
thelittlejd
TK
Eumirbago
DarthDrew
hasansohel

****Effective immediately upon signing this treaty, Legacy will become the protectors of United Coalition of Nations***

ARTICLE I

Both Parties agree to not use any act of violence, including in game and forum spying, on one another. Both parties recognize that rogue nations tend to occur to all and if said rogue attacks a member of the opposite party, both parties will use diplomacy to solve the issue at hand.

ARTICLE II

Both Parties agree to provide one another with economic and military support when they feel necessary or if either party feels the need to ask for said support.

ARTICLE III

United Coalition of Nations shall not sign or announce any diplomatic agreements without consent from Legacy and United Coalition of Nations shall not go to war without consent from Legacy.

ARTICLE IV

Both parties can be unbound from this treaty 72 hours after proper notice has been given to the other party. At the end of the 72 hours, the termination of these terms are to be announced on the Cybernations Forums.

ARTICLE V

Other Specifics have been detailed and accepted in private.

ARTICLE VI

This treaty shall take full effect when both parties sign this protectorate and it is announced on the Cybernations Forums.

Signed for Legacy,

Sarmatian Empire, Lord
Master Conservative, Regent
Spartacus, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Signed for UCoN,

Hardin, President
thelittlejd, Secretary of State
Reghar, Secretary of Interior
Namayan, Secretary of Finance
Terrance Krillins, Secretary of Defense [/quote]

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1329545421' post='2923206']
Good luck, UCoN. With Legacy as your protectors, you'll need it.
[/quote]

A bit harsh but thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks to all for the well wishes - we have a long road ahead but nothing good ever came easy :P

[quote name='REGHAR73' timestamp='1329559891' post='2923288']
A bit harsh but thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks to all for the well wishes - we have a long road ahead but nothing good ever came easy :P
[/quote]
i am with you hardin and will do my best for the prosperity of Ucon

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1329545421' post='2923206']
Good luck, UCoN. With Legacy as your protectors, you'll need it.
[/quote]

You don't like us, we don't like you. Everyone gets it. You don't need to remind the whole world everytime there's a post from us, do you?

Edited by Spartacus1082

[quote name='elborrador' timestamp='1329535261' post='2922970']
Sarm is a terrible terrible person, you should cancel this treaty on the grounds that he sucks,

Just sayin....
[/quote]

How did I miss this? I agree completely!

Edited by Spartacus1082

[quote name='JazAce' timestamp='1329564924' post='2923325']
Could have been more classy with the exit. Good luck, you may just need it.
[/quote]

by classy, do you mean post a resignation that i wouldn't be able to read or defend myself in? been there and done that before..no thanks. i chose a personal message to the leader, just as effective. or do you mean by giving more than a month's notice that i was leaving? by classy, do you mean telling others you are leaving shortly and have them tell you "go ahead and leave now"?

up until i left yesterday, i have continued to do alliance tech deals, donating aid to members, been very active on the forums, one of the most active on irc, and mentoring members. i worked up until the last minute with your alliance and bowed out quietly. i'm not sure how much more class i could have had unless i handed out roses.

i'm extremely proud of what we have accomplished and sour grapes won't spoil our party. when you beg for change and it doesn't happen, sometimes you gotta go off and do your own thing. if your alliance doesn't suit your needs or your aspirations then its time to move on. its been done thousands of times on this very forum..i'm just the latest one.

good luck to mcxa. i have no hard feelings. it seems the one who leaves is never the one who does..its always the ones they leave behind that have the bad karma to give out. either way i'm happy and looking forward to making new friends in areas i've never explored!

o/UCoN