The Network Hungers

OsRavan

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tulak Hord' timestamp='1323471903' post='2871278']
No.

Considering when the rumors/faked logs come out merely makes it even funnier, IMO.

I wish ODN and MHA a speedy resolution to this conflict.
[/quote]

May want to rethink your "story"

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1323462033' post='2871118']
NPO publicly declared their support of TOP/IRON against Polar (Fark's ally for some reason). Fark's attack diverted alliances from their allies. It's iffy, and I certainly have some qualms about it, but it makes sense.

CnG hit someone who had done no such thing. I'm not saying that MHA was going to stay nuetral, but there is literally nobody left on our side. This doesn't dictate where anyone will be except MHA, and it gaurantees that they will be on CnG. Who are they protecting? If MHA was going to hit TLR, which they weren't, then GATO and ODN are still there too jump on them, and TLR should hardly be fully engaged with Fark with all the help they've got. Instead, they gaurantee that XX and CnG are beating the crap out of each other with everyone else involved on this front completely free from the threat of counters. So we get XX and CnG who don't really have a problem with each other beating each other down.

I mean, it's not just that ODN hit our ally. We expected that eventually. It sucks, but CnG rolls together. We understand. It's more that it was stupid to do this. Everyone we like loses.

For one, that was in defense of their ally (so not aggresively... kind of a big difference). Also, Asgaard is going to win that war. And additionally, MJ and SF have some !@#$ to work out. Lots of reasons.
[/quote]

I believe it was stated multiple times that they claimed to have irrefutable evidence you were going to attack Non Grata who is allied to TLR thus bringing in C&G. It was stupid for FARK to hit NPO for a declaration of support.

Complaining is such a waste of time and energy. The whole theme of this war has been "aw $%&@ it let's just declare" so I could care less how CnG have decided to enter. My only qualm is that two years ago when TOP/IRON tried to attack CnG, MHA defended them. I hope that at least means something when it's time for us to declare peace.

Best of luck to you ODN, let's just have a good fight.

[quote name='WorkingClassRuler' timestamp='1323476874' post='2871424']
Complaining is such a waste of time and energy. The whole theme of this war has been "aw $%&@ it let's just declare" so I could care less how CnG have decided to enter. My only qualm is that two years ago when TOP/IRON tried to attack CnG, MHA defended them. I hope that at least means something when it's time for us to declare peace.

[/quote]

Can't say fairer than that. Best wishes to you.

[/quote]
GATO doesn't charge Reps and I would leave the alliance if we did.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1323485528' post='2871583']
Meh, who isn't hitting an ally of an ally or a 3rd generation ally. The fact that Sparta has so many conflicting treaties to both sides of this war shows how awful it's FA direction was. The exact sides of this war were predicted months ago, with very few exceptions. Sparta can't make any excuses really.
[/quote]
Non Grata => Viridian Entente => GOD. Non Grata's FA is awful, derp.

[/quote]

You're kidding right?

MHA snubbed their noses at TOP, lied, and backstabbed, attempted to make a deal to keep fark "safe",and after proclaiming they'd assuredly come in to help - didn't.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' timestamp='1323494548' post='2871891']
You're kidding right?

MHA snubbed their noses at TOP, lied, and backstabbed, attempted to make a deal to keep fark "safe",and after proclaiming they'd assuredly come in to help - didn't.
[/quote]

I'm sorry if you were under the impression this was an attempt at conversation about TOP.

It was not.

In fact, take it as read that none of my comments will ever be an attempt to start a conversation about or with TOP.

Edited by WorkingClassRuler

[/quote]

I doff hat to you sir, let's have some fun!

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1323485528' post='2871583']
Meh, who isn't hitting an ally of an ally or a 3rd generation ally. The fact that Sparta has so many conflicting treaties to both sides of this war shows how awful it's FA direction was. The exact sides of this war were predicted months ago, with very few exceptions. Sparta can't make any excuses really.
[/quote]

Old not necessarily awful. I think most of the treaties we have that put us in this "terrible FA position" are treaties with people that we've called friends for years. Rather than run from people we know are loyal and true allies for the safe route, we stuck with them. I mean, my alliance has gotten !@#$ for years about how our ass always ends up on "the not kicked side" of global conflicts and now that we do find our selves on that particular end we get everyone telling us that our FA is horse !@#$. In a not so small way, Fark, MHA RIA, and even ODN are part of the reason we've had so much success as an alliance (debate the validity of the statement about our success all you want, the fact that we have so many detractors yet so many good friends means we're doing something right) and that our FA is perfectly fine.

If we would have updated our treaties we would have kicked people away from us who we have been close to for a very long time and then we would have been bad mouthed for being friends only when convenient. The fact that we stayed means that we pick the wrong friends although hardly anyone has ever attacked the character of those alliances I previously mentioned (I'm sure they have their critics but which major alliance in the game doesn't). We cannot do right by our detractors for some reason that I find impossible to fathom.

Now for the part about ODN. I understand you guys were trying your best to do right by us but you screwed the pooch on this one. I know we are responsible for setting the preempt precedent on Bob (in aid of an ally that, for all intents and purposes, seems to be on vacation right about now for all the good they've done for us in this conflict) but you have to be the first alliance I know about to hit an undeclared bloc mate of a close personal friend. Had you asked about your approval rate in Sparta before this declaration it would have been damn near 90%, if not higher. People knew you were not going to side with us on this one and we understood and stilled loved you. I am no longer pissed at it and I know you did what you thought was best but still...And the fact that there has been some hardcore hate by people that sent us PM love letters less than 2 months ago sort of just sickens me for some reason.

I just hope this gets resolved soon so we can take a serious look at how retarded this whole mess is.

[Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't CnG hitting MHA in support of the NPO which was not attacked by MHA although CnG was founded in order to make sure that the NPO would stop targeting alliances that didnt aggressively support the NPO?]

The only alliance (which is composed of all former founding members) that has been in C&G since the beginning when the bloc was made as a suicide pact against NPO and its cronies has signed a treaty with them not long ago after NPO suffered two beatdowns and apparently found they like each other after years of hating each other. I don't truly understand it myself, but C&G isn't always going to be having one FA goal throughout its entire existence after seeing the NPO isn't the big bag NPO with all its influence and power of the past. Whether or not their friendship is genuine (they both say so, so we take their word for it) we all know we can't just be fixated over that alliance when it is not a threat any longer. However, it is still a suicide pact as it has always been.

Also, I haven't seen this hardcore hate from people who sent PMs to you guys myself on our forums or on IRC. Many of us are annoyed about what our actions have done to ODN-Sparta relations rather than angry at Sparta for being tied to MHA or for alleged crappy FA moves by Sparta, despite those being in place for years during successful wars like you mentioned.

Starting with TOP and IRONs attack on Polar for making them look like idiots two years ago, to FARKs out of the blue attack on NPO, to DH random attack on the maroon nations, to this attack on MHA leads me to the conclusion Planet Bob has hit rock bottom. I am not sure if its a case of people being to lazy or to stupid anymore but, this entire war has been a fiasco on all sides. Although it is fun to watch all the traditional side switching alliances running out of sides to switch to.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1323561081' post='2872965']
Starting with TOP and IRONs attack on Polar for making them look like idiots two years ago, to FARKs out of the blue attack on NPO, to DH random attack on the maroon nations, to this attack on MHA leads me to the conclusion Planet Bob has hit rock bottom. I am not sure if its a case of people being to lazy or to stupid anymore but, this entire war has been a fiasco on all sides. Although it is fun to watch all the traditional side switching alliances running out of sides to switch to.
[/quote]
At this point it's purely academic, but I don't think it's people being lazy or stupid.

When you go to war, nobody wants to play by the other side's rules. RIA doesn't want to hit TOP etc etc. If there are no rules, you have to make them up as you go along.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1323559980' post='2872956']
NG isn't hitting GOD and if you look at all of NG's direct MDP level treaties, tell me which ones aren't on our side this war? Nice try though. :)
[/quote]
I believe his point was that the situation is a bit more complex than you make it out to be. Our FA lead us exactly where we wanted to be: by our allies. Sure we have conflicting treaties but most of them are something like two years old and we aren't going to throw those relationships down the drain just because the world gets a little bit complicated.

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1323561081' post='2872965']
[/quote]
Oh [i]please[/i]. If we wanted to we could have swung the other way with relative ease but we decided not to abandon our allies—allies who have only been gracious and loyal to us—for the sake of political efficacy.

Edit: Not to mention our "side" has been relatively consistent since Karma, this war marks what is probably the greatest shift and it wasn't us moving around that did it. We've remained quite static in all of this.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

[quote name='Wilhelm the Demented' timestamp='1323562360' post='2872980']

Oh [i]please[/i]. If we wanted to we could have swung the other way with relative ease but we decided not to abandon our allies—allies who have only been gracious and loyal to us—for the sake of political efficacy.

[/quote]

The fact that this option is often still weighed makes me cringe.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1323405404' post='2870196']
[center][img]http://i51.tinypic.com/nwx8p1.jpg[/img][/center]

I'll keep this short and sweet. Our bloc-mates in GATO have gone to war with MHA. At their request, the MA clause of CnG will be activated, and ODN will be joining them in war.
[/quote]

Greetings oranges and orange fiends. Hmm, that sounds a bit wrong... Greetings oranges and the friends of oranges... less accurate but more politic. Delusions of Grandeur hereby declares war on the Orange Defense Network, the Global Alliance Treaty Organization, the Prolific Empire, Hooligans, The Foreign Division, _____ , _____ , ______ , ______ , ______ , and ______. I figure I can fill in the blanks later after everyone else arrives at the party. Delusions of Grandeur announced a protectorate agreement with the MHA recently and I am here to honor that agreement. I apologize for my tardiness I was taking care of an unwanted tech deal and I thank C&G for giving me a few days to get my declaration of war into the public record before Delusions of Grandeur was another in a long line of preemptive fronts in this current conflict.

I decided to make my declaration here for a few reasons. It is pertinent to ODN's topic, the last thing I want is another thread about some solo AA declaring war adding to the confusion of the OWF, and also because I will not be able to launch any attacks at the Orange Defense Network for a period of at least 7 days. ODN is high on my list to receive attention in the due course of the war. If your patience runs thin and you desire some action from my nation then I invite you to fill one of my defensive slots. Which is an offer I will also extend to TFD. You are a bit of a late comer, but I have you beat in that regard already.

[img]http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/18167291/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280/delusions-of-grandeur-white-long-sleeve-aa-tee_design.png[/img]

I know it is traditional to sign these formal declarations, but if you look a little to the left you will find the author of this statement. Anybody else want a new long sleeve t-shirt with that sweet logo? I sure do.