The German Empire Position on Raiding

Grealind

[center] [img]http://thegermanempire.eu/images/official/officialannouncement.png[/img]

[left]Evening, Rulers of Cybernations (and Legion, I suppose);

Times have changed here in Germany. Our Empire is very different from what it was this time last year, it a completely different alliance. One of our laws and corresponding policies that I am most favorable to is that pertaining to Raiding.

From our [url="http://thegermanempire.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=292"]Constitution[/url];
[quote][b]Article 11a: Raids against the Empire[/b]
The German Empire neither has time nor consideration to inquire to a host alliance when an Imperial Citizen is raided. In this instance, the full force of the German Military will be dispatched to deal with the threat.[/quote]

This is written into our Constitution because we believe so strongly in it. This was voted into law on September 9, 2011

Additionally, from our [url="http://thegermanempire.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=451"]Citizen's Code[/url];
[quote][b]Article 2: Tech Raiding[/b]
The German Empire does neither endorse nor condone the practice of Tech Raiding by its citizenry. However, understanding that the practice is deeply rooted in the beliefs of some of our members, the Empire does not forbid the action.

Should any person flying an alliance affiliation belonging to The German Empire conduct a Tech Raid, it is the right and prerogative of the recipient nation to utilize any means at their disposal to respond to the attack. During the Tech Raid, The German Empire will not support the raiding nation, nor will we protect the raiding nation from harm that comes as a result of their actions. The bottom line, and in not so eloquent terms, if our member is raiding you member, feel free to annihilate them, or any stop between.

We do, however, reserve the right, to interject ourselves into the conflict if we deem the situation to be overly exaggerated, or otherwise out of hand, however we will only do so if we so choose. Should we interject ourselves, it would be merely as a mediator.[/quote]

Bottom line, if your member raids us, we probably won't ask for reps or even bother chatting you up. We'll just get an angry mob together and steamroll the little punk who forgot to do his homework. Additionally, if one of our members is dumb enough to raid one of your members, feel free to pummel them into the ice age.

That will be all!

Anson // TGE Emperor
[/left] [/center]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]Bottom line, if your member raids us, we probably won't ask for reps or even bother chatting you up. We'll just get an angry mob together and steamroll the little punk who forgot to do his homework[/quote]

I look forward with interest to seeing how this willl play out.

Some alliances prefer to have a nice little chat before that sort of thing happens. I think its fair to say that some alliances are more then capable to putting together a larger angry mob then TGE might be capable of.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1320546720' post='2839975']
this really should be standard practice for any AA that allows raids of any sort

tl;dr Sup Raiders
[/quote]

You'll find it usually is, just not posted up on the OWF. GOONS has quite strict rules regarding raiding, just as an example.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1320553540' post='2840042']
If Nordreich drops your protectorate I am more than capable of singlehandedly raiding your alliance for as long as I feel like. You are welcome to try to steamroll me into the ground if that day comes. :v
[/quote]

I look forward to the fast approaching day where Nordreich drops us as their protectorate and signs us instead as an Mutual Defense ally.

I like this and support you fully but, then again I truly dislike raiding as a practice. I await the first time one of your raiders gets nuked in retaliation to see the actual response. I say this not to say you will go back on your word but because of other alliances reactions to similar circumstances.

Thank you,
CtG

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1320552003' post='2840029']
This wasn't thought out very well. If at all. Considering who your Foreign Minister is, I can certainly understand why that is.
[/quote]
It is the charter, I have nothing to do with this at all. But thanks for the shout-out. ;)

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1320554174' post='2840049']
I look forward to the fast approaching day where Nordreich drops us as their protectorate and signs us instead as an Mutual Defense ally.
[/quote]

Well done.... Well done. You sound a little more competent than TGE looks. Work on your IA and you may even be worth having as a Mutual Defense ally. TGE has a pretty sad history, maybe you can change that Anson.

Also, this was the exact same policy I pursued against people who attacked Athens... except mostly they got ZIed. I don't think we ever announced it though. It doesn't really make you look that tough when you talk about that kinda stuff here.

o/

Personally, I don't see why people bother with tech raiding these days. When you get down to it, once you hit around 5Kish, it's just not cost-effective, plus, once the inactive goes beyond what, 6 days, 7 days?, all that tech just gets destroyed, not captured. That's why we gave it up a year & a half before we merged into Legion, and back in the day, we were all for tech raiding.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1320545404' post='2839954']
I sure hope one of my members raids one of yours :)
[/quote]
We still around the same NS? :excl:

As a side note, TGE you couldnt put together a dinner party let alone a mob

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1320560241' post='2840098']
Personally, I don't see why people bother with tech raiding these days. When you get down to it, once you hit around 5Kish, it's just not cost-effective, plus, once the inactive goes beyond what, 6 days, 7 days?, all that tech just gets destroyed, not captured. That's why we gave it up a year & a half before we merged into Legion, and back in the day, we were all for tech raiding.
[/quote]
Not all targets nuke. I've only received a couple of nukes from raids before.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320562104' post='2840103']
Well this is interesting. I would love to see NG or another large tech raiding alliance raid a TGE nation, to watch TGE attack that nation, then get rolled in the process.
[/quote]

Tech raiding TGE would be a bad idea, being NoR might get upset.

Still a strong stance to take, foolish considering the size of TGE, but a line has been drawn.

I give it a week before someone in GOONS $%&@s up a raid.