Submit Your Questions to a Former Imperial Officer

hawk11

UPDATE ON PROJECT STATUS: I've got enough for the first issue. Look for it soon.

Always have a question about the New Pacific Order that you've been dying to ask, but never knew where to go? Well look no further. I am starting up a new column that will either be tacked onto the back of future NPO publications or have its own standalone area somewhere (probably not a blog). This publication will be specifically dedicated to answering the community's questions! This column will rotate either weekly or biweekly, and it will be dedicated to answer either one or several questions in detail to the best of my knowledge. The intent of the column is to satisfy community curiosity about my alliance, clear up any misconceptions that may have arisen at a given point in time, and to entertain the community.

Many of you may be wondering a few things at the moment. I'm going to try to preempt them in question format now.

Q. [i]Why should I believe anything this guy says?[/i]

A. I really can't convince you to believe me, but I am going to say that honesty is something I hold near and dear to my heart.

Q. [i]How are you qualified to answer questions about the NPO I might have?[/i]

A. Good question. I've been playing this game since March 2006 (despite what my current nation may say). Here's a quick run-down of what I've done:

Joined the New Pacific Order on April 5th, 2006
Served one year (consecutive) time on the Council of the New Pacific Order (defunct position) from 2007 to 2008
Served as Imperial Legate (second in command - foreign affairs) in 2008
Served on the Imperial Advisory Committee (defunct position)
Served as Imperial Officer of Foreign Affairs in 2009
Served as Imperial Officer of News and Propaganda (defunct position) in 2009
Retired to adviser role in 2010
Left alliance in good standing to join Federation of Buccaneers in 2010
Returned to alliance after collapse of FoB.
Served in adviser role to this day.

I've advised three emperors, worked with four, and have seen every war the NPO has fought from the inside since the ICSN Debacle. Y'know, that one war the New Pacific Order and the LUEnited Nations fought on the same side.

Q. [i]Alright, I can see you know what you're talking about, but I'm not buying the honesty thing. What's the point of this column really?[/i]

A. The point of this column is not to try and convince you of a certain point; the point of this column is to receive questions and answer them to the best of my knowledge. From there, you take the information or you leave it. The NPO has been trampled twice in the past X years, and it finally seems the community is beginning to acknowledge that we might not be all that bad. I want to help facilitate this by answering any questions you might have.

Because we're really not all that bad.

Q. [i]Alright, I'll bite. What kind of questions are you going to answer?[/i]

A. I'll start by saying what I won't answer:[list][*]Questions that would violate the operational security of the NPO[*]Questions so blatantly tipped against the NPO there's no actual way to answer them (I trust you guys would [i]never[/i] try to give me a loaded question though).
[*]Stupid questions. Examples: "What's [s]your[/s] the NPO's favorite beer?" (A: some tiny microbrew you've never heard of *adjusts glasses*) "If the NPO were on a desert island what three objects would they bring?" (A: A boat and two spare tanks of gas) Stuff of that nature.[*]Questions that may be OOC and get me in trouble.[*]Any other question I deem I can't answer.[/list]
I'm not just going to blow off a question. I will give you a reason why I won't/can't answer it; that's a promise. In return though, I ask that you ask yourself if the question is really a genuine question or if it's about making some kind of [i]brilliant[/i] political move. [i]This isn't a politically-motivated column.[/i] Please don't disrespect me by trying to use me to make my alliance look bad.

Q. [i]This sounds like fun. How do I go about asking you a question?[/i]

A. Now we're in business. Just post the question here. I'll select a few questions a cycle to answer, and we'll go from there. If it's a question you'd feel better asking anonymously, you can PM the question to me. I won't drop your name, and the message will be promptly deleted. Your identity is safe with me.

Q. [i]Hawk, I like when you're a jerk to people. Are you going to be a jerk when answering questions?[/i]

A. I'll try to make my answers as entertaining as possible, don't worry.

Q. [i]Join MK.[/i]

A. Go away.

I'm looking to put this publication out sometime soon, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them.

[B][U]HEY LOOK OVER HERE IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO READ ANY OF THIS THREAD. THIS SECTION IS IN ALL-CAPS, UNDERLINED, AND BOLD FOR A REASON. DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION HERE.

Awesome.

DO NOT TRY TO INCITE ARGUMENTS HERE. THIS IS SOLELY FOR FACILITATING QUESTIONS, NOT DISCUSSION. MAKE YOUR AREA FOR THAT, THANK YOU.[/U][/b]

I will now take your questions.

Edit: I have more than enough for the first issue. Keep asking!

Edited by hawk11

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1312488255' post='2772013']
Join MK

Also, who would you say was your favorite Emperor to work under and why? Least favorite?
[/quote]

I can answer this question, but it's more about my personal taste than about the alliance. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1312489095' post='2772029']
[s]Join Umbrella[/s]

Do you see NPO ever shedding its pariah status?
[/quote]

Again it's more opinion, but I like this one. More like this one.

[color="#0000FF"]I am curious. Why did Moo's feel the need to allow his cronies to drive away the few competent middle managers they had left while at the same time continuing to promote absolute idiots to the level of Imperial Officer? Do you feel this led to the decline of the NPO?

Quite a few prominent ex-Pacificans (and not just me) feel this to be true. Would you agree that we might be right, or will you just echo the same nonsense about us being bitter or mental unbalanced that has been said about us in the past?

Considering that you're actually one of the few Pacifican IOs of that era that I actually have respect for, both as a person and as a leader, I would like to here your opinion.

Also, join NSO. It's where all the best ex-Pacificans are.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1312489253' post='2772033']
[color="#0000FF"]I am curious. Why did Moo's feel the need to allow his cronies to drive away the few competent middle managers they had left while at the same time continuing to promote absolute idiots to the level of Imperial Officer? Do you feel this led to the decline of the NPO?

Quite a few prominent ex-Pacificans (and not just me) feel this to be true. Would you agree that we might be right, or will you just echo the same nonsense about us being bitter or mental unbalanced that has been said about us in the past?

Considering that you're actually one of the few Pacifican IOs of that era that I actually have respect for, both as a person and as a leader, I would like to here your opinion.

Also, join NSO. It's where all the best ex-Pacificans are.[/color]
[/quote]

Going to answer this one.

[s]Which ATTENTION >INSERT ALLIANCE HERE< thread did you think was best? Also how do you feel about Kerberos Nexus getting involved in the last war and what do you think the alliance being changed to Netzach Tetragrammaton Ascension since then?[/s]

In the previous war, Kerberos Nexus declared war on MK despite holding no treaty with NPO, although wanting to help because of sharing good relations as members of the same color sphere. Does NPO believe treaties are neccecary to go to war in defense of another alliance and that in that case Kerberos Nexus was fighting a defensive or offensive war when declaring on MK to assist NPO?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1312492134' post='2772067']
Will NPO be involved in the next major war?
[/quote]

I can answer this question right here: I don't have a clue. What's the next major war? Who's involved? When is it? Why is it being fought? Are we going to get jumped again? I mean, if we do that kind of takes our choice out of the equation.

Edit: something like this is what I'd consider a "stupid question." Sorry.

[quote]If you could rewind the clock to January 1st 2009 and have been Emperor at the time, what would you have done differently? [/quote]

And this. I might as well just write a book and alienate my entire alliance while making a profit. I've got a title: [i]IF I COULD DO IT.[/i]

Edited by hawk11

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1312494981' post='2772096']
Which ATTENTION >INSERT ALLIANCE HERE< thread did you think was best? Also how do you feel about Kerberos Nexus getting involved in the last war and what do you think the alliance being changed to Netzach Tetragrammaton Ascension since then?
[/quote]

Neither of these questions have anything to do with the New Pacific Order, and it misses the point of the column, so I'm not going to answer them. Sorry.

Edit:

[quote]In the previous war, Kerberos Nexus declared war on MK despite holding no treaty with NPO, although wanting to help because of sharing good relations as members of the same color sphere. Does NPO believe treaties are neccecary to go to war in defense of another alliance and that in that case Kerberos Nexus was fighting a defensive or offensive war when declaring on MK to assist NPO?[/quote]

Much better. I'll answer this one.

Edited by hawk11

What is your opinion about drama, specifically concerning smaller (though not exclusively "micro") alliances? Do you think it helps/hurts Bob? keeps it interesting? and do you think precedents set/ideas formed from such incidents should have any relevancy in the minds of large-scale alliances?

I figured such answers to those questions would be interesting coming from what was the largest, most dominant alliance for many years.

Tedd.

Looking back at all the perceived mistakes that NPO made in her past, and given that you advised three emperors, do you....

1) feel as though any of NPOs past transgressions were partly your fault or not?

2) did you ever offer advice against any of the worst decisions (most notably that refusal to peace FAN)

3) Why the bloody hell did you guys not see GGA for the joke that they were? ( I got an answer from Dilber on this same question, Id be curious to compare those answers).

4) Roll Stormsend.