Dye mon, gen mon

[center][img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1050/creoleshield.jpg[/img][/center]

It's quite possible you've never heard of us, and we're generally okay with that. We are, after all, one of those do nothing alliances that sits around collecting statistics. That said we're a happy bunch of retired farts and disbanding would require far too much work, if not a quorum.

We skipped announcing our first anniversary, our eventual appearance on the alliance listings, and we've kept most of our statistic related dueling with The Order of the Black Rose to private channels. There is however a growing opinion that things that don't get announced publicly aren't official, so we'd like to go ahead and enter the following into the public record :

We've been having a blast since you last heard from us August 3rd, 2009.

Best Regards,
[size="5"][font="Palatino Linotype"][i]Créole[/i][/font][/size]

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1312402960' post='2771117']
[center][img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1050/creoleshield.jpg[/img][/center]

It's quite possible you've never heard of us, and we're generally okay with that. We are, after all, one of those do nothing alliances that sits around collecting statistics. That said we're a happy bunch of retired farts and disbanding would require far too much work, if not a quorum.

We skipped announcing our first anniversary, our eventual appearance on the alliance listings, and we've kept most of our statistic related dueling with The Order of the Black Rose to private channels. There is however a growing opinion that things that don't get announced publicly aren't official, so we'd like to go ahead and enter the following into the public record :

Best Regards,
[/quote]

Those are some sexy stats and thats saying something coming from Umbrella : )

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1312402960' post='2771117']

Best Regards,
[/quote]

now you can go back to 2 more 'fun' filled years of being irrelevant and isolated.......yay?

I've always been wondering something: I hold your alliance and many of your members in high regard but why did you choose "Créole" as your name? I know what Créole is, I just can't figure out the meaning or, rather, the association with a community of retired veterans.

To your anniversary,

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1312404708' post='2771131']
now you can go back to 2 more 'fun' filled years of being irrelevant and isolated.......yay?
[/quote]

That's kinda their mission statement, yeah. Not everyone seeks political relevancy, especially those who've been around as long as many of Créole's members.

[/quote]

Irrevelvant and isolated? Psh, they don't need treaties when they have a 109,000 average ns. They would give most of the top ten some trouble in a 1 vrs 1.

"speak softly but carry a big stick"

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1312404742' post='2771132']
I've always been wondering something: I hold your alliance and many of your members in high regard but why did you choose "Créole" as your name? I know what Créole is, I just can't figure out the meaning or, rather, the association with a community of retired veterans.[/quote]
It just happened to be a name that was tossed out at the time that didn't meet with much objection. Créole groups are mixed societies taking hold of various qualities from their originating cultures. Seemed to fit pretty well. Outside of our flag and the title of this thread I don't think we've ever given much thought to the theme. It also had a unique character, which serves some purpose if you want to keep off the radar. I'm sorry I don't have anything more profound to contribute. We're sort of stuck with it now.

[quote='kwell']Irrevelvant and isolated? Psh, they don't need treaties when they have a 109,000 average ns. They would give most of the top ten some trouble in a 1 vrs 1.

"speak softly but carry a big stick"[/quote]
While we appreciate that mythos, I don't think we've ever tried to hide the fact most of us couldn't find where we last placed our sticks before the battle is over.

We old farts in Créole let out a collective sigh of relief when the "debt deal" was announced yesterday. We were all worried about our social security checks being delayed. So now we can continue to get our retirement benefits and we as an alliance made it to 2 years. Yeah us and our wrinkly arses.

[/quote]

And here I bet that up until now, they didn't even know that their sole purpose of being here and running their nations was to entertain chefjoe. ;)

Congrats and have fun, guys . . .

Edited by sammykhalifa

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1312405548' post='2771140']
It just happened to be a name that was tossed out at the time that didn't meet with much objection. Créole groups are mixed societies taking hold of various qualities from their originating cultures. Seemed to fit pretty well. Outside of our flag and the title of this thread I don't think we've ever given much thought to the theme. It also had a unique character, which serves some purpose if you want to keep off the radar. I'm sorry I don't have anything more profound to contribute. We're sort of stuck with it now.

While we appreciate that mythos, I don't think we've ever tried to hide the fact most of us couldn't find where we last placed our sticks before the battle is over.
[/quote]

Sometimes all you need to do is put on some glasses : P