MFO Disbands

[center][IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/JoshuaRCN/MFO-CNBanner.jpg[/IMG]
[/center]
It's been just over four years for this micro alliance, and it's been a good run. We formed after the third great war and admittedly didn't do much except serve as a home for members of MFO in CN. In the beginning, we wrote up a few guides and a few calculators while figuring out how to grow most efficiently. Later, we took part in the formation of the Dark Vows and NOIR, getting to know the other black alliances and making black the number one sphere on Planet Bob. Since then, we went back to not doing much. Individually, our members were ready to do more.

You may notice that at this point that there are only a few names still utilizing the MFO alliance affiliation. Over the past weeks the last of us have been shuttling off to new alliances, and all but a couple alliance have found new homes. We have spent enough time searching; the time has come to make this official. Nevertheless, a few alliances have said they will protect any remaining nations affiliated to "MFO," so raid at the risk of being destroyed, at least for the time being. My hope is that this formal announcement will push the last of us on to whatever future lies ahead of us.

Special thanks go out to all black alliances and more specifically to our friends in NOIR. Many of you we would never have gotten to know had it not been for the Dark Vows and then NOIR. It's been a pleasure, and I hope to continue these relationships in the future. Ether, good buddies, somehow you [officially] outlasted us. Take care!

Thank you to the Order of the Black Rose for being great friends and allies. I am very glad you invited us to join in the formation of the Dark Vows many eons ago, allowing both of our semi-independent alliances to branch out just a little bit more. Among our members, many individuals have come and gone since then, but our friendship has only grown stronger throughout the years. Best of luck going forward. Thank you, and take care.

And I cannot forget to mention the Open Source Alliance. Even without a paper treaty, you guys would have gone to war with us. Thank you for everything.

MFO hereby disbands.

Sorry to hear this. I've gotten to know a couple of you guys over the past year, and you're a quality group. Good luck wherever you end up, and I'm glad that our friends at Asgaard won the BBW sweepstakes.

I've known about this for a while now. It's a shame to see MFO go but all good things must come to an end. I had a pretty fun time hanging out in MFO back in the day. If i'd have known you were throwing this up today I would've created a final edition of The Day Today.

Good luck to you guys!

Also JoshuaR: Join Umbrella :P

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Good Luck to the former MFO members. Those that I know at MFO are great people and I've always had a good opinion of MFO as a whole. This isn't just any alliance disbanding.. this is an alliance that has contributed a lot and been a great piece of the Planet Bob pie or cake.

To Ether, OSA and OBR - we did not make allies easily, but we would have gone to whatever lengths needed for you guys and we know you would have done the same for us. We have always been a small alliance, but we would have done anything for those we where close too. Without you guys, this would have happened long ago!

To NOIR and the black team - we are gone but you are not forgetton!

For all our friends and Allies, especially, for me, Noli, Kirke, CS108u2982394782403-98-2398-2398 - whenever you need help, whatever the situation - know that in words and deeds the ex MFO members will always do their best to look out for you!

Edited by Durabo

Also - a big thanks to all the MFO members who remained a tight knit group for a long time.

At 4 years, Josh has been a fantastic leader with great vision and a very calm, logical way of dealing with issues. We have not been a hugely important alliance, but through Joshs leadership we have been involved in the formation of NOIR and have navigated many thorny issues with dignity and strength. Four years straight as a leader deserves respect, and I think Josh is a CN member that everyone who has ever flown MFO as their AA will have great respect for.

Thank you Josh!

When we started MFO CN 4 years ago, our aim was to create useful guides and tools for all CN players. The tools available now greatly surpass our original achievements, but we like to think we did help a lot of people and every thank you or acknowledgement of this fact we see brings a smile to our faces, so thank you to everyone who has said as much. All our tools and guides will stay online, as will our discussion forums which we will check just as much as normal, so feel free to ask how things are going. Who knows - with all the MFO'ers spreading out, you may find a rather unique take on world politics as friends from different sides of the treaty web compare notes!

Edited by Durabo