A communique from the People's Front of Judea

[center][i]After a short while, a small man wearing absolutely nothing, his long grey beard covering what needs to be covered, steps up to the podium.[/i]

[img]http://oi52.tinypic.com/2mfen1c.jpg[/img]

Greetings to you, citizens of Planet Bob. I come to you today as the first French Taunter of the People's Front of Judea, a newly-formed alliance of nations united by our opposition to the oppressive occupation of our homelands by various foreign powers including, but not limited to, the Romans, the Russians, the Dutch, the Americans, the French, the Italians, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Indians, the British, the Spanish, the Portuguese, the South Africans, the North Africans, the Hutus, the Tutsis, the Aborigines, vicious Black Bears, Microsoft, Apple, various forms of Cancer, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Atheism, Agnosticism, Nationalism, Totalitarianism, various other -isms, Lambs, Sloths, Carp, Anchovies, Orangutans, Breakfast Cereals, Fruit Bats, Large Chu-

[i]The man is interrupted by a nudge from another shoddily-dressed man in sunglasses and a black robe, who carries a Cross-tipped staff. After several moments, he continues speaking in his raspy voice.[/i]

Ahem.

We are also vehemently opposed to the disgusting splinter groups that have formed in addition to ours, which either are obvious fronts of these foreign powers or simply those that disagree with our methods. The foremost of these is that one group following Brian, but also includes the Judean Popular People's Front, the Campaign for a Free Galilee...

[i]Chants begin in the onlooking crowd, with some chanting "P-F-J! P-F-J!" Others scream out "SPLITTERS!" as he speaks the names of various other groups that have formed over the history of Planet Bob.[/i]

...and of course, the Judean People's Front.

[i]The loudest of the screams come when this group is mentioned, with several in the crowd seemingly starting to become violent.[/i]

While we, the PFJ, are indeed a splinter group of this group, the only people we hate more than the Romans are the !@#$@#$ Judean People's Front. The JPF, that group which you will never again hear me mention in a public announcement, simply does not understand how to organize an effective resistance. Some of their cells are disorganized, some of them are too centralized. Some of them say we should be purists and never compromise with the enemy, while others are practically bowing to our enemy's wishes. In addition, this group does not effectively make sure its members stay active while doing the more tedious tasks of running an alliance, which, as you will find in a short moment in our Charter, is the main reason we believe our structure to be superior to that of the that group.

And so, without much further ado,

[i]Cheers of violence from the crowd suddenly turn to excitement and joy.[/i]

I present to you, the Charter of the People's Front of Judea.

[b][OOC]For those actually reading out of curiosity, you may want to stop at Article VIII. After that it's not very entertaining and is just all bureaucratic stuff.[/OOC][/b]

[i]The bearded man begins reading aloud from a scroll that has been handed to him by one of the black-robed men, which stretches down past his feet.[/i] [/center]

[quote][center][img]http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6745/pfj.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]Charter of the People's Front of Judea (PFJ) [/b]

In March 2011 we, the 'People's Front of Judea', have come together under a common purpose : to unite the Left. However, we have soon realised that we couldn't unite everyone. Seriously, the 'Judean People's Front', the 'Judean Popular People's Front', the 'Campaign for a Free Galilee,' and the 'Popular Front of Judea' are nothing but useless splitters, reformists and extremists which certainly deserve to burn with the rest of them Romans! Thus our first congress ended declaring our common purpose to be nothing less than to hate the 'Judean People's Front', to despise the 'Judean Popular People's Front', to condemn the 'Campaign for a Free Galilee,' and to undermine the 'Popular Front of Judea'. Then we also wrote a charter :

[b]Preamble.[/b]

The PFJ is a revolutionary leftist alliance where the power is in the hands of the working class. In all alliances on Digiterra, there are 3 classes.. There are members who do not wish to take on any alliance responsibilities, there are members entrusted with empowering tasks such as legislation and foreign policy, then there are members doing the leg work, such as trade circles building or recruitment. This last class is what we call the workers'class and to which we give the power in our alliance. We also make everyone a worker, thus abolishing classes all over. This way we aim at maximizing our effectiveness (giving an emphasis in activity, education, contribution to the community) all by getting rid of the usual conflicts between the different classes, which can be witnessed in most alliances.

In order to achieve this, we follow fundamental self management principles as defined in the contemporary ParEcon paradigm. The guiding principles of ParEcon are equality, solidarity and self-management.

[i]Equality[/i] for us does not mean everyone sharing the profits regardless the effort. In PFJ, if you want to profit from the collective effort, you have to put an effort yourself too. If you want to take on empowering, fun tasks like legislation and foreign policy, you also have to do some kind of leg work. Inversely, your day to day work will never be compromised by egotical individuals wishing to play global politics with the ns you created and of which they do not understand or overestimate the value. We all decide equally, but only after having contributed equally.

[i]Solidarity[/i] is tied for us to the first principle. Solidarity means that everybody stands together. However, when people start feeling exploited, resentment begins to build, as we see in many alliances, and people start to fight for power or simply split so that they get a chance to take on empowering tasks themselves too. By abolishing the exploitation of the workers, by making everyone having to do some leg work and not only empowering tasks, we hope to create an objective basis for solidarity within the alliance.

[i]Self-management[/i] is the third principle. By now, it has already become pretty clear what we mean by it. It implies a certain level of freedom, but more importantly a sense of responsibility for the good of the alliance. Again, a problem in most alliances is that people crave the freedom but in many cases are unwilling or unable to accept the responsibility that comes with it. To us it is clear that since we want to have no masters we have to run the alliance our selves. Run it, not just decide about it. Which means that we all take part in more menial tasks too before we get access to the most important info and the right to make decisions.

[b]Article I. Fundamentals.[/b]

i. The People's Front of Judea is a revolutionary leftist alliance based around 3 fundamental principles : equality, solidarity and self-management, as outlined in the preamble.
ii. The People's Front of Judea is not a simple democracy, but a workers direct democracy. Instead of having a traditional government, it follows fundamental self management principles. Upon joining the Collective you have the right to education and to an alliance role. All alliance roles guarantee participation to the Workers' Council where decision making takes place. However, if you are not fulfilling any alliance role, you are removed from the WC, you stop being a Worker and you remain a simple member until you decide to get an alliance role again.
iii. The People's Front of Judea cannot be disbanded through the voting process, or by any authoritative figure. As long as there is one nation flying the banner of the People's Front of Judea, the alliance exists under this Charter and will continue to hate the Judean People's Front.
vi. All members of the People's Front of Judea will act in accordance to this Charter, whether they support every aspect of it or not. This does not mean that there cannot be any amendments to the Charter.
v. Our common purpose involves hating the 'Judean People's Front', despising the 'Judean Popular People's Front', condemning the 'Campaign for a Free Galilee,' undermining the 'Popular Front of Judea'.

[b]Article II. : Membership.[/b]

II. a. In order for a nation to be admitted into PFJ, it must meet the following requirements:

i. It must not be in a state of war with any Alliances.
ii. It must not be on any Alliance's ZI or Perma-ZI list, unless the WC decides to provide shelter in a specific case.
iii. It must not owe technology or money to any Alliances.
iv. It must read, understand and embrace the charter.
v. It must despise the Judean Popular People's Front.

II.b. Responsibilities of the member (part of The Crowd).

As a member of the PFJ you have the following Responsibilities :

-All nations must abide by the charter.
-In times of war, PFJ members may be called upon to help defend your brothers in arms from PFJ's enemies and you will be required to respond to the best of your ability, providing whatever aid or assistance is needed/appropriate to the Alliance.
-PFJ members are expected to behave in a respectful manner towards their fellow PFJ members in game and on our forums. PFJ members are prohibited from being a severe nuisance by making posts characterized as being generally mean spirited or hate filled with a frequency such that one can be described as a constant malcontent.
-PFJ members will also behave with dignity and self respect to the International Community on OWF
-During times of war, PFJ members are prohibited from sending aid to the enemy, or those who are helping the enemy.
-No PFJ member shall use multiple accounts in CN or in the PFJ forums, nor shall they have one nation in PFJ and another nation in another alliance.
- You shall repeat in unison that you are all individuals and different.

II.c. Rights of the member.

As a PFJ member, you have the following rights:

- You have the right to build your nation in any way you like.
- You have the right to request military assistance if you are attacked. Members must follow the established procedure to obtain this assistance (Rules of Engagement, RoE). PFJ guarantees assistance to those who follow the RoE.
- You have the absolute right to not be threatened by Zero Infrastructure or Permanent Zero Infrastructure. You have the right to speak out against the current PFJ coordinatorss, members of Worker status, the work of the Workers Council, suggest or request change, or voice a dissenting opinion in the PFJ forums without fear of consequences. However, keep in mind that should the speech rise to the level of harassment, your comrades may not be happy.
- You have the right to due process for any alleged violation of the charter, and you shall be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- You have the right to maintain all trade agreements, even with enemies in times of war.
- You have the right to leave the alliance at any time, save during times when PFJ is engaged in active warfare with another alliance (unless departure is authorized by direct vote of the Workers Council), providing you post a departure message in the appropriate PFJ forum.
- You have the absolute right to an alliance role (at least one) that guarantees the right to be a Worker. When you feel ready, you open a topic stating your past experience and preferences and you demand an alliance role or to be educated on how to fulfil one. The coords and the WC have the obligation to find you an alliance role within 3 days and start educating you if necessary. If you don't like the alliance role proposed to you, you may freely turn it down, outlining your reasoning in a serious manner, and demand another.
- You have the right to nominate yourself and others for coords (which count as an alliance role too) and you have the right to vote in the respective elections.
- You have the right to open a discussion on any matter you wish.
- All members have the right to start a committee on any matter they wish. However, it is strongly recommended that they discuss the matter with the coords, that every committee is attached to a department and that care is taken so that the committees don't overlap each other or the work already been done in one of PFJ's departments.
- You have the right to say "I 'm not".

[b]Article III : Workers. (also known as Bicycle Repairmen)[/b]

III.a. Responsibilities of the Worker.

In order for a nation to be admitted into PFJ as a Worker in the Council, it must meet the following requirements, in addition to the responsibilities he has as a member :

i. Responding to the roll calls. If you miss two roll calls in a row, you stop being a Worker.
ii. Responding when requested to defend a comrade or fight an alliance war, unless you are away, which is visible from your response to roll calls.
iii. Having an alliance role and fulfilling it decently enough.
iv. Do not fall off the edge of the world.

III.b. The rights of the Worker.

When you are a Worker you have the following rights in addition to the rights of the member.

i. The Workers have full access to the Workers' Council where all matters of importance are discussed and all sensitive info is posted..
ii. The Workers can start any discussion on any matter in the WC and they have the right to vote on all matters.
iii. The Workers alone have the right to vote on constitutional changes.

III.c. Procedure of admittance and retirement from the WC.

III.c.1. Admittance.

i. Whenever a member that has been educated and has been fulfilling an alliance role for at least 10 days wishes to be admitted in the WC, it opens a topic and requests to be admitted.
ii. The WC then holds a 48h discussion and a 48h vote in the Council on admitting said member as a Worker.
iii. Both in the case of admittance and rejection, a member of the administration council or a worker been given this task must write a serious answer explaining why the request has been granted or not, followed by substantial evidence (links, pics, witnesses) that the decision was not arbitrary.

III.c.2. Retirement.

i. When a Worker becomes inactive, he has the duty to formally retire from the WC.
ii. When a Worker becomes inactive and does not formally retire, any other Worker and simple member has the right to bring this fact to the attention of the WC and to the attention of the inactive Worker.
iii. In this case, there is a 48h discussion and a 48h vote on retiring the inactive Worker.
iv. Both in the case that a Worker is retired by vote of his comrades and in the case that the WC decides not to retire him, a member of the administration council or a worker been given this task must write a serious post explaining why the retirement has been decided or not, followed by substantial evidence (links, pics, witnesses) that the decision was not arbitrary.

[b]Article IV. : (Outlining the role of the Workers' Council) [/b]

i. The Workers' Council of the PFJ is consisted of all the members of the alliance meeting the requirements outlined in III.
ii. The Workers' Council of the PFJ is the most powerful body within the alliance, and is entirely sovereign.
iii. The Workers' Council of the PFJ is run on a directly democratic basis which cannot be compromised whatever the situation.
iv. All proposed legislation must pass with a majority vote in the Workers' Council before it can be enacted.
v. All alliance war declarations must be passed with a majority vote in the Workers' Council.
vi. Every member of the WC have the ability to propose the following;
1) Legislation
2) Offensive Wars
3) Initiate a vote of no confidence in co-ordinators
4) Expulsion of individual members from the alliance.
vii. The Workers' Council of the PFJ cannot, under any circumstances, be dissolved, unless the alliance as a whole is disbanded.

[b]Article V. : (The Voting Process)[/b]

i. Every Worker of the PFJ has the right to propose votes which must be made in the Workers' Council.
ii. Workers have the right to change their vote and/or abstain from voting.
iii. Votes will be conducted openly, with no secret ballots. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
iv. Voting on separate, unrelated [to the Charter ] policies, treaties, expulsions, nominations for co-ordinators and votes of no confidence will run for 48 hours, unless the result of a vote reaches the necessary quorum (see Article VI), or unless the vote is declared controversial, in which case the vote will run for an additional 24h.
v. Voting on an amendment to the Charter will run for 96 hours, unless the result of a vote reaches the necessary quorum, or unless the vote is controversial .
vi. War declarations must go through a discussion thread for a period of 24 hours before voting may proceed, at which point the vote will run for a further 48 hours, unless the result of a vote reaches the necessary quorum. In the case of emergency, where the alliance has to participate in an allied offensive, discussion and vote happen simultaneously within 24h and a simple majority is needed.
vii. [a: For a vote to pass, it must reach a majority of 50% (+1) of the total votes.

[b]Article VI. : (Quorums)[/b]

i. The quorum can only be enacted after voting has gone through a minimum time period of 3 hours in times of crises. Otherwise, on domestic issues and issues which do not require a level of urgency, the minimum time period is 12 hours.
ii. The first qualification for a quorum to be reached is; a clear majority of 80% of the already given votes.
iii. The second qualification for a quorum to be reached is; if the vote reaches a 50% (+1) majority within the whole alliance.

[b]Article VII. : (The choosing of co-ordinators)[/b]

i. All co-ordinators must be voted in with a majority.
ii. Every member (not just the Workers) of the PFJ can nominate themselves to be a co-ordinator.
iii. In the possible event that there are no nominees for a position of co-ordinator, the Workers' Council shall act as a collective co-ordinator.
iv. Co-ordinators shall hold their position for a period of 3 months, and can nominate themselves for the former position as many times as they wish.
v. The nominations period lasts 3 days.
vi. The voting of coordinators starts after the nominations and lasts 48h.
vi. If a co-ordinator is recalled after a vote of no confidence, they must wait for a period of 3 months before they are permitted to re-nominate themselves for a position of any co-ordinator.

[b]Article VIII |a:. : (The Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs [Co-FA])[/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs or Co-FA will also be referred to as Foreign Secretary.
ii. The Foreign Secretary is in charge of educating members for a role in PFJ's Foreign Affairs. Keep in mind that simply being a diplo is not enough to guarantee participation in the WC.
iii. The Foreign Secretary is in charge of the running of the embassies of the PFJ.
iii. In times of crises, the Foreign Secretary must direct themselves and dispatch diplomats to the alliances involved in the crisis situation, so as to attempt to solve any problems diplomatically.
iv. The Foreign Secretary cannot promise anything on behalf of the Workers Council of the PFJ, unless the promise has passed through the Workers' Council already.
v. The Foreign Secretary must act in a civil manner when dealing with other alliances.
vi. The Foreign Secretary have the right to recall, without going through a voting process, a PFJ diplomat if they deem them unfit for diplomatic purposes.
vii. The Foreign Secretaries have the right to ban a member of the PFJ from posting in an embassy in a given time, if the Foreign Secretary believed that that person is detrimental to a diplomatic process due to uncivil behaviour. (subject to appeal in the Workers' Council)

[b]Article VIII |b:. : (The Rights and Role of the Diplomats of the PFJ)[/b]

i. Every member can nominate themselves to be a diplomat to other alliances.
ii. There is no limit to the number of alliances a diplomat can apply to.
iii. A Diplomat has the right to refuse to go to an alliance, even if it is suggested by the Co-FA.
iv. The Diplomat is directly accountable to the whole alliance, as well as primarily to the disciplinary action of the Co-FA and the Workers Council.
v. If a Diplomat is removed unwillingly from a diplomatic position by the Co-FA, and they feel that it was an unfair recall. They may make an appeal for their case in the Workers' Council.

[b]Article IX. : (The Co-ordinator of Economics [Co-E])[/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Economics or Co-E will also be referred to as the Minister of Silly Walks.
ii. The Minister of Silly Walks is responsible for the economic progress and sustainability of the alliance. Their roles include the following.
1) Educating members for a role in PFJs economy and helping them organise to cover all needs. This is important. A Minister of Silly Walks can not invent all silly walks on his own. He must share the load with as many people as possible. The Minister of Silly Walks duties that follow should ideally be fulfilled not by him alone but by people he finds and educates.
2)Ensuring that members are made aware of economic plans which help boost individual nation's economies.
3) Ensuring that there is a steady supply of financial aid to weaker members of the alliance.
3) Organising economic deals with other alliances, such as technology deals, and war reparations.
4) Organising bank nations and aid chains.
5) Organising trade circles. The Minister of Silly Walks should work with the Foreign Secretary in order to set up trade circles with other alliances.
6) Organising tech deals. The Minister of Silly Walks should work with the Foreign Secretary in order to set up trade circles with other alliances. Ideally, internal PFJ deals should be at the price of 3m/50, selling foreign should be at 3m/50, buying foreign should be 3m/100.

[b]Article X. : (The Coordinator of Propaganda of the PFJ [Co-P])[/b]

i. The Coordinator of Propaganda of the PFJ will also be referred to as French Taunter.
ii. The role of the French Taunter is to announce publicly, whether they agree or disagree with the announcement, any new alliance policies, legislation, war declarations or treaties.
v. The French Taunter should also make efforts that a PFJ bulletin is published regularly, that graphics for announcements are produced, that other propaganda material is produced by a team of people educated by him or others on this purpose.
vi. The French Taunter will remain personally objective on an issue in their announcement post, but may criticise/show support in the following posts, also throwing cows when needed.
vii. The French Taunter can be recalled at any time by the Workers Council.

[b]Article XI. |a:. : (The Co-ordinator of Alliance Security [Co-AS])[/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Alliance Security or Co-AS will also be referred to as the head of the Spanish Inquisition.
ii. The responsibility of the head of the Spanish Inquisition is primarily to ensure the safety and security of the alliance, ensuring that no foreign spies enter into the alliance and are able to gather information.
iii. In addition, the head of the Spanish Inquisition is to ensure that no member of the alliance acts in a way which might be detrimental to the alliance, such as spying, impersonation or sabotage.
iv. The head of the Spanish Inquisition may recruit members of the alliance to the Spanish Inquisition to aid them in their work.
v. The head of the Spanish Inquisition is directly accountable to the Workers' Council first and foremost. Any hostile move against the alliance will lead to their permanent ban from the alliance, and the sentencing of the head of the Spanish Inquisition in question to permanent-ZI.

[b]Article XI. |b:. : (The Security force of the People's Front of Judea)[/b]

i. The Security force, or Spanish Inquisition, of the PFJ is recruited and dismissed by the head of the Spanish Inquisition.
ii. Their responsibility is to aid the head of the Spanish Inquisition in gathering information in order to ensure the security of the alliance.
iii. Members of the Spanish Inquisition are directly accountable first and foremost to the Workers' Council of the PFJ, and then and only then, to the head of the Spanish Inquisition.
v. The identity of members of the Spanish Inquisition must be revealed to the whole alliance.
vi. Any hostile move against the alliance will lead to the permanent ban from the alliance, and the sentencing of the member of the Spanish Inquisition in question to permanent-ZI.

[b]Article XII. : (The Co-ordinator of Recruitment qnd Integration)[/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Recruitment and Integration or Co-R will also be referred to as King Arthur.
ii. The King Arthur is responsible for bringing new members to the Collective through mass pming, propaganda and even small merges. For this he has to work closely with the Co-FA and Co-P.
iii. He has to educate members in making recruitment lists and recruiting.
iv. He has to make sure that new members arriving are welcome and integrated, guided through the game, educated as to the Charter, alliance procedures and an alliance role that guarantees participation to the WC. For this he is advised to form an education system and work closely with all other coords.
v. He is directly accountable to the Workers' Council, and every action he makes must be made in the best interests of the alliance, carefully planned as to avoid the creation of animosity in regards to the Collective.

[b]Article XIII. |a:. : (The Co-ordinator of War)[/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of War or Co-W will also be referred to as Killer Rabbit.
ii. The Killer Rabbit is responsible for the organization of the military aspects within the PFJ at all times. This includes, the training for possible war strategies, the organization of individual bodies within the military (Divisions and so forth), military quotas and the disciplining of unruly members, and the efficient mobilization of the Military, the assigning of enemy targets, and ensuring that military orders are followed.
iii. The Killer Rabbit has to educate members for alliance roles in the military.
iv. The Killer Rabbit should work with the Foreign Secretary to prevent unnecessary inter-alliance wars.
v. The Killer Rabbit can nominate members of the PFJ to act as Divisional Organizers, who are subject to recall from the Killer Rabbit.
vi. The Killer Rabbit is directly accountable to the Workers' Council of the PFJ.
vii. Any hostile move against the alliance will lead to their permanent ban from the alliance, and the sentencing of the Killer Rabbit to permanent-ZI.

[b]Article XIII. |b:. : (The Rights and Role of the Divisional Organizers of the PFJ) [/b]

i. Divisional Organizers are members of the PFJ, nominated by the Killer Rabbit to help organize Military Divisions during times of peace and war.
ii. Nominated members can choose not to accept a position of Divisional Organizer if they so wish.
iii. Divisional Organizers can decide to resign from their position at any time.
iv. Divisional Organizers are first a foremost directly accountable to the Delegates Council of the PFJ, and then to the Killer Rabbit.

[b]Article XIV. : The Administration Council (AC).[/b]

This council, inspired directly from the tale of Sir Robin, is formed by the Co-FA, Co-Econ and Co-War. Its role is to maintain balances, smoothen conflicts, make sure that the charter, direct democracy, civility and the spirit of the alliance is respected in all occasions

At a majority of 2/3 it has the duty to :

a. On procedure and civility matters:

i. Declare the nominations period, start and end elections according to the charter.
ii. Declare a vote an emergency or a controversial one according to the charter.
iii. Declare a vote over according to the charter.
iv. Suspend the membership of anyone that turns out not to fit the requirements outlined in Article II.a., until the WC reviews the membership.
v. Start processes concerning any violation of the charter (any member of the WC has this right, but the AC can do this more easily without the matter becoming personal).
vi. Regularly, every 10 days, update the list of the Workers and commencing procedures of retirement (again, any member of the WC has this right, but the AC can do this more easily without the matter becoming so personal).
vii. Start the procedures for admittance in the WC (any member of the WC has this right, but the AC has the duty to make sure that no procedure for admittance to the WC is delayed or forgotten).
viii. Intervene in conflicts between members and make a verbal warning against them for not being civil.

b. On general administration matters :

i. Help all cords in organising the work in their respective departments, maintain cooperation between them, have an overall view of the work in the alliance and point out when the workload needs to be balanced.
ii. Start a procedure for recalling a coord according to the charter (again, any member of the WC has this right, but the AC can do this more easily without the matter becoming so personal).
iii. Present a report of the alliance's dealings and progress before the nominations and elections period.

[b]Article XV. : (The Right of Every Alliance Member to Recall)[/b]

i. The right to recall is a fundamental right of every member of the PFJ.
ii. Every member, if they feel disillusioned with a co-ordinator, helper, or a member of the administration team, may call a vote of no confidence in the Workers' Council.
iii. A vote of no confidence shall last for a period of 48 hours, unless the result of a vote reaches the necessary quorum, or unless the vote is controversial . (see Article II. iv.)
iv. This right to recall can be utilised during periods of war to remove any co-ordinator, helper or a member of the administration team.

[b]Article XVI. : (The Expulsion of Members from the PFJ)[/b]

i. Every member of the PFJ can propose the expulsion of a member from the alliance.
ii. A reasonable explanation must be given for the vote of expulsion of a member, otherwise the vote of expulsion will be considered null and void.
iii. Members under review for expulsion from the alliance have the full right to appeal to the Workers' Council against the motion for their expulsion.
iv. Members under review for expulsion from the alliance must be treated like every suspect; innocent until proven guilty.
v. Members expelled from the alliance are forbidden from reapplying to join the alliance for a minimum period of 1 month, unless otherwise stated in the expulsion document.
vi. The vote of expulsion shall last for 48 hours in the WC, unless the result of a vote reaches the necessary quorum, or unless the vote is controversial .

[b]Article XVII : On raiding[/b]

Being a small alliance that is only making it's first steps, the PFJ judges raiding against it's interests and shall not allow it. This is however subject to change in the future. While raiding is frowned upon in PFJ, we understand that some members may desire or need it as war practice or as a means to have fun by losing some pixels, which is understandable.

[b]Article XVIII : The Administration Team[/b]

i. A new administrator is voted in upon 2 successful votes.

1) The first vote is started when the Workers' Council passes a policy stating the need for more administrators, this vote contains no nominees.

2) Upon successful passing of the fist vote (i.1.) a second vote containing nominees begins. The nominee with the most votes becomes an admin. Upon the failure of this vote the process must start again from the beginning of the first vote.

ii. Every member of the WC is permitted to join the administration team.

iii. The administration team is responsible for the running of the alliance forums. Their roles include the following.

1) The masking and unmasking of members, diplomats and foreign visitors to the alliance forums.

2) The archiving or closure of threads at the Original Poster s request.

3) The moving of threads to their necessary forum position.

iv. The administration team will work alongside the Co-AS to ensure alliance security, such as inspecting emails, IP addresses and so forth.

v. Administrators shall not use their forum abilities for their own personal gain, and are subject to recall, and possibly expulsion if they are caught doing so.

vi. Any hostile move against the alliance will lead to their permanent ban from the alliance, and the sentencing of the administrator in question to permanent-ZI.

vii. The members who sign this Charter advise that future alliance members only permit those who are respected and experienced within the alliance to join the administration team.

[b]Article XIX. : (The Amendment of the Charter)[/b]

i. The minimum time period before a quorum can be enacted on a vote to amend the Charter of the PFJ is 12 hours.
ii. The vote to amend the Charter of the PFJ can run for a maximum time period of 120 hours.
iii. If the quorum is not reached for the amendment, there must be a supermajority (75% + 1) of votes in favour of the amendment(s).
[/quote]

[center][i]The man, clearly exhausted from his reading, looks up to see only four people still cheering in the once-gigantic crowd.[/i]

With that, I also present you with the first list of Coordinators of the PFJ, for the months of April through June:

Foreign Secretary (Co-FA) : Jack Straw
Minister of Silly Walks (Co-E) : Immugran
French Taunter (Co-P) : VladimirLenin
Head of the Spanish Inquisition (Co-AS) : Nooob
Killer Rabbit (Co-War): Trikoupis
King Arthur (Co-R): Trikoupis, collective effort

We are officially a Maroon alliance, but we are willing to tolerate other colours.

Our forums are currently located at: [url=http://rmh.ce.ms]http://rmh.ce.ms[/url]
Yes, we are attempting to get a simplified, easily-remembered redirect.

And our IRC Channel is #PFJ on Coldfront.

Our protectorate announcement from the Random Insanity Alliance will now follow. Thank you for your time.

[i]The man collapses.[/i][/center]

[b]tl;dr Leftism + Monty Python = PFJ[/b]
[b]tl;dr2: see [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE]this.[/url][/b]

[b]EDIT:[/b]Formatting.

Edited by VladimirLenin

[center][img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/Master_Rex/Cool/RIA/pfjsmall.jpg[/img][img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee185/Master_Rex/Cool/RIA/Riaflag1a.png[/img][/center]
[size="5"][center][b][u]Pactum Romani Ite Domum[/u][/b][/center][/size]

[center][u][b]Article I - On the Romans[/b][/u]
[i]
All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?[/i][/center]

The Random Insanity Alliance (hereby referred to as RIA) and the People's Front of Judea (hereby referred to as PFJ) hereby agree to the following protectoRIte pact, in the interest of growth and fostering a friendship between the two entities.

[center][u][b]Article II - On the People's Front of Judea[/b][/u]

[i]...and the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there will be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...[/i][/center]

As long as this agreement is in effect, the Random Insanity Alliance will provide complete protection from aggression to the the People's Front of Judea. If the the People's Front of Judea specifically requests the Random Insanity Alliance refrain from intervening, the Random Insanity Alliance will abide by the the People's Front of Judea's wishes. Should the Random Insanity Alliance become involved in a conflict, the the People's Front of Judea is not under obligation to become involved, but retains the option of doing so. Furthermore, the Random Insanity Alliance and the People's Front of Judea are encouraged to do tech deals with each other. The People's Front of Judea also agrees to support the Random Insanity Alliance's maroon team senator.

[center][u][b]Article III - On the Judean People's Front and the Judean Popular People's Front[/b][/u]

[i]...for the demon shall bear a nine-bladed sword. NINE-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but NINE, which he will wield on all wretched sinners, sinners just like you, sir, there, and the horns shall be on the head, with which he will...[/i][/center]

For the duration of this treaty, the People's Front of Judea agrees to notify the Random Insanity Alliance of any aggressive wars they partake in 48 hours beforehand, in order to allow the Random Insanity Alliance to re-assess the treaty's status if deemed necessary.

[center][u][b]Article D: Florida - On the Campaign for a Free Galilee[/b][/u]

[i]...Obadiah, his servants. There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that, in that time, shall the third one...[/i][/center]

[center][u][b]Article V - On the Popular Front of Judea[/b][/u]

[i]We do hereby convey our sincere fraternal and sisterly greetings to you, on this, the occasion of your martyrdom. Your death will stand as a landmark in the continuing struggle to liberate the parent land from the hands of the Roman imperialist aggressors, excluding those concerned with drainage, medicine, roads, housing, education, viniculture and any other Romans contributing to the welfare of Jews of both sexes and hermaphrodites.[/i][/center]

The treaty will remain in place for as long as deemed necessary. Either party may cancel this treaty when they wish, but must notify the other signatory 48 hours prior to publicly announcing the cancellation. During those 48 hours, the treaty is still considered in effect. Upon the public posting of dissolution, the treaty is void.

[u][b]Signed,[/b][/u]

[u][b]For the Random Insanity Alliance,[/b][/u]
~Shadow, Triumvir of Random Insanity, The Ultimate Lifeform, Mystic Dragon Emperor of the Cheeselands, Puppetmaster of Chaos
~Delta1212, Triumvir of the Random Insanity Alliance, Demi-God of Maroon, Psychic Cupcake Overlord of the Cupcakery, Eperor of the SuperFriends
~Thunder Strike, Triumvir of Stuff, Hater of Cats
~im317, Head of Foreign Affairs, Former Elder of PotD
~Gangs20003, Head of human trafficking, achiever of self proclaimed enlightenment.
~Jenne, Master of Puppetz, Slave to the Man.

[u][b]For the People's Front of Judea,[/b][/u]
~Coordinator of Economics (Minister of Silly Walks): Imugran
~Coordinator of Foreign Affairs (Foreign Secretary): JackStraw
~Coordinator of War (Killer Rabbit): Trikoupis
~Coordinator of Propaganda (French Taunter): VladimirLenin
~Coordinator of Internal Affairs (Spanish Inquisitor): Antifa
~Coordinator of Recruitment (King Arthur): Trikoupis/collective effort.

Edited by ShadowDragon

good luck with this guys, the 'no vote without activity' thing is a really interesting concept and I'll be keeping an eye on you to see how well it works.

SPLITTERS!!

Thanks for the welcome everybody. One of the most warm welcomes ever :wub: .

We were a bit excited, why we didn't take the time to make the charter bigger, but since it's a general desire, I shall propose to my comrades that we add a couple of sections concerning the details of the everyday management of our anarchosyndicalist commune, in which, let's not forget about that, [i]we're taking turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week. But all the decisions of that officer 'ave to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting. By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs. But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major[/i].

[quote name='ZeroRemorse' timestamp='1302622893' post='2689477']
Kinda sad not to have you guys on the Red Sphere with the rest of us leftists but nonetheless its interesting to see a new leftist alliance popping up.
[/quote]

Int is Orange, LSF is multi. If we wanted to be on the same sphere with the rest of the Left, we would need to go multi-Orange-with-a-pinch-of-red-dots :lol1:.

I think that Maroon is an excellent choise. Firstly, RIA is there. Secondly, Maroon is a lot like red and the Left has already fought a war for the privilege to be there :). A leftist alliance on Maroon is always nice to see for an old timer.