All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I still want to know why NPO smashed you up and you're in a one man alliance.
  3. Is zeroing the same nation💩 3 times in a round a record?☠️☠️☠️ Is the amount of dozen zeroed opponents a thing? Asking for an imaginary friend? Can you smell the burnt shoe leather?
  4. Pacific Radio Network TRANSCRIPT FROM PACIFIC RADIO NETWORK STATION 101.9 FM NIGHTLY NEWS WITH FRED CAMPBELL March 7, 2166 ANTI-TRUST BILLS DEBATED Premier Edith Bartlett [CAMPBELL] She's back! [Sound of a drumroll] [CAMPBELL] This is Pacific Radio Network Nightly News, and I'm your host, Fred Campbell. Our good friend, Edith Bartlett is back on the air with us tonight, for the first time since becoming Premier. [Sound of trumpets fanfare] [CAMPBELL] Congratulations on your selection as Premier, Ms. Bartlett. [BARTLETT] Thank you, Fred. And I've been on this show far too often for you to suddenly start calling me, Ms. Bartlett. [CAMPBELL] (chuckles) Ok, Edith. I'm just very excited to have you here. It's been a long time since we've been able to have you on the show. [BARTLETT] Yes, well the transition to Premier wasn't easy. There's a lot more that goes into leading a conference than you might think, and getting everyone on board with our legislative priorities. [CAMPBELL] So let's talk about those priorities. Earlier in the week, you started discussing a pair of Anti-Trust Bills. Which corporations are those targeting. [BARTLETT] Astor Ashbridge Holdings and the Eastern Broadcasting Company. [CAMPBELL] Ok, so AAH and the EBC. AAH makes since. They've been discussed a lot, but the EBC? [BARTLETT] I don't think the EBC's broadcasting is problematic. It's their ownership and management of the ABL that is concerning. But, I'm unsure how far the EBC bill will make it. Right now we're trying to take the temperature of all the senators and understand how they feel about this issue. [CAMPBELL] Right, because the Webb Anti-Trust Act requires a supermajority of the Commune. 60% [BARTLETT] It's actually 65%. So we need to plan on getting 30 votes. [CAMPBELL] And you've only got 23 votes with your party. [BARTLETT] Exactly, so we would need to make sure that at least 7 others would support. That's where it gets tricky. And even the specifics may sway some senators. For example, overall support for the breakup of AAH is pretty popular, but when you start looking at specific scenarios, it becomes less clear. For example, forcing AAH to sell Rossingol Motors has nearly unanimous support regardless of party affiliation, but forcing AAH to sell or break up OSR doesn't even have the full support of my party. [CAMPBELL] So, should we expect to see a vote on any bill soon? [BARTLETT] It's going to take some time, but we're committed to figuring out the structure that has the best chance of success and getting in front of the Commune for their consideration. [CAMPBELL] Thanks, Edith. We are going to keep talking about some other legislative priorities in a moment, but first, a word from our sponsors.
  5. Pacific Radio Network TRANSCRIPT FROM PACIFIC RADIO NETWORK STATION 101.9 FM NIGHTLY NEWS WITH FRED CAMPBELL February 17, 2166 CALIFORNIA TEETERS ON BRINK OF COLLAPSE Prime Minister of Cascadia, Elsie Huang [CAMPBELL] War continues to rage in the west [Sound of an explosion, and then the rapid rat-a-tat-tat of gunfire] [CAMPBELL] This is Pacific Radio Network Nightly News, and I'm your host, Fred Campbell. For the last seven and a half months, war has been raging on the west coast. The Republic of California has been under siege from New Tahoe, and quite frankly, that war has not been going well. California has been reduced to more or less the city-state of San Diego. There has been a bright spot in the war, and that was the entry of Cascadia. It might be too early to say that the tide has turned, but certainly, New Tahoe is struggling to manage a war on two fronts. To talk with us today about the war efforts, we have a very special guest today, Prime Minister of Cascadia, Elsie Huang. [HUANG] Thank you for having me on your show, Fred. [CAMPBELL] Ms. Huang, this is an unbelievable honor. [HUANG] Always a pleasure to speak on the Pacific Radio Network, and help provide the voice of reason. [CAMPBELL] Well, yes. Ms. Huang, Cascadia entered the war about a month and a half ago, intending to defend California. How can you say the war effort is going? [HUANG] It's moving along. California has been hanging on by a thread for much of the end of last year. But we've forced Tahoe to divert their attention. The city is under siege though, and that Tahoe fleet is blockading the city from the sea. It is nearly impossible to help California directly. Their fate rests in their own hands, and we will do what we can from a far. [CAMPBELL] And what you can do, is advance directly into Tahoe territory. [HUANG] That's exactly right. Our forces have advanced into northern and eastern Tahoe. [CAMPBELL] And ultimately, what is your objective? [HUANG] We want ensure our southern neighbor learns to respect borders. If we don't stop Tahoe here now, perhaps the next borders they infringe on will be our own. [CAMPBELL] Okay. We will spend some more time with Ms. Huang in a moment, talking about Cascadia's transportation strategy, but first, a word from our sponsors.
  6. Yesterday
  7. I'm the one who isn't getting wound up by someone posting on the internet.
  8. Easiest poll I'll ever vote on. YES. Watch the nukes fly.
  9. Find me just 1 other player who thinks your Defeat Alert suggestion, and then not allowing DAs for half the day, makes perfect sense. You are so wrong it's laughable. OP is not turtling. If you think it's such a problem and you have a solution, go create your own thread about it. This thread is how Foreign Aid has wrecked the round. Turtling has nothing to do with it.
  10. If Armen too is OK with it, and if the both of you can promise not to then endlessly publicly brag or complain or bicker about it, then my vote is yes. Otherwise, no please.
  11. Where is the "Firingline should delete his nation and move on with his life" option?
  12. Last week
  13. The most practical tactics in this round have been to: #1. Pass a giant yarn-ball-of-tech, or even giant 3 yarn-balls-of-tech to one account, flatten an opponent, and pass the tech along. #2. Have a larger gang to create #1.
  14. Did not see a "FL is an idiot, so yes" option. Walked away disappointed.
  15. No, they make perfect sense. You just don't like them because turtling is a crucial part of OP's strategy. Right now, for OP, it's "Heads I win; Tails you lose." If you're able to win, you win. If you aren't, you turtle and rebuild stronger. That is bonkers, and no other game (including the SE version of CN) works that way. Again, it's super telling how hard you're fighting these changes. TE is a short round. A temporary thing. There's no reason not to experiment with things, and turtle-nuking is objectively a problem. But you don't want to even consider changing that dynamic, because then you'd have to compete in good faith, and that's just not something you're interested in.
  16. People generally only turtle in TE when they have to as well, or are simply inactive. There are of course exceptions. Its always been a valid tactic especially when you are beat down. It can come down to simple math. We have not been turtling at all as a strategy. When "Buy troops so you don't get DAd" pings are being sent out we know we arent lol. You are right, FL cannot actually identify what exactly he has a problem with. And he can't even come close to a fix.
  17. Because your only suggestions to "curb turteling" are nonsensical. Example; You want to change one game mechanic (make DAs crazy strong) and then you need to create a fixew for the side effects (no DAs in the AM). That is bonkers. This is off topic. This is not the reason you lost. You also didn't lose because admin deleted some of your farm nations and left our traders to play as normal. Foreign Aid is terrible for this game. We've held back and actually allowed the rest of you to play. Gain the million casualties easy etc. It is also incredibly boring internally, and ends up being unfair as to who we "pick" for X and Y. Politics can come into play at any stage, anyone can be ganged up on, and then an extremely unbalanced round plays out again with foreign aid available. Being a good nation builder doesn't mean anything at all with foreign aid. You just need more friends.
  18. Why would you make think of ramen at this hour on a weekday? FL, Armen, I hope you both can remain civilized and solve this with conversation and agreements rather than with nuclear violence. But if that's not possible then give us a good show!
  1. Load more activity